Tom Cleverley claims Watford have the confidence to go to Stamford Bridge and cause another shock by beating Chelsea on Saturday.
Cleverley, who scored the winner in the 2-1 defeat of Arsenal last weekend, is backing the Hornets to continue their excellent recent form against Antonio Conte’s men, live on Sky Sports.
Watford, who finished 17th last season, currently sit fourth in the Premier League table after earning four wins and three draws in eight games under new boss Marco Silva.
The Watford midfielder told the club’s website: “I really feel we are building something here. Why not go and beat Chelsea? We go there with confidence.
With this squad of players and staff, you look forward to going into work on a Monday.
“It’s a really good bunch of lads, so it’s a mixture of doing it for them and personally not scoring for a while, a lot of emotion came out in the celebration and it was a really good moment.”
Cleverley has been impressed by Silva, who he believes has changed the mindset and mentality of all the players at Vicarage Road.
“Since he has come in he has tried to change our mentality and not be a club that maybe settles for a draw,” he told Talksport.
“The mentality change has been the biggest thing. He’s done that quicker than he thought.
He has turned us into a club that believes in ourselves in every game.
“As as a manager he’s got that perfect balance of having a fear factor and being approachable at the same time,” said the midfielder.
“He’s got a real good balance of doing tactical work and also sharp intense work, the six or seven-a-side stuff the lads enjoy. Everyone knows where they’ve got to be on a Saturday and we work hard on set-pieces. The lads are enjoying it and it’s fun.”
Latest Nigeria News
- Luke Shaw signs new five-year deal with Manchester United
- Labour And Kogi Elders Vow To Resist Proposed Sale Of Ajaokuta Steel Company
- The Causes Of Bed-wetting Among Adults – Nigerian Doctor Speaks Out
- This Is Lagos, A City Swimming In Filth (See Photos)
- We are taking steps to secure Fayose’s release – Ozekhome
- Veteran Yoruba actor, Ajimajasan, is dead
- Great Shock As Top Nollywood Actor Passes Away (Photo)
- Atiku Speaks On Online Grant Scheme That Allegedly Disburses Money To Nigerians
- So painful:Ogun Corper Dies Of Kidney Ailment Just A Day Before Passing Out Parade
- 3 NFF Staff In Serious Trouble Over $9.5m FIFA Grant
- Angry Muslim Youths Protest Governor Fayemi’s Appointments Ekiti
- Barcelona Midfielder, Vidal Fined 800,000 Euros For Doing This At A Nightclub
- Men Suspected To Have Murdered Army General Handed Over To Police (Photo)
- Big Brother Star, Beverly Osun Shares Fresh Raunchy Photos Online
- So Sad! Corpses Recovered After Bus Plunged Into A River In Ahaoda (Photos)
- Honeymoon: Bride Who Looked Sad On Wedding Day, Happily Kisses Hubb
- Gospel Artiste, Tim Godfrey Under Fire For Changing His Hair Colour (Photo)
- EFCC Discovers Several Properties Belonging To Fayose Allegedly Bought With Missing N1.3billion (Photos)
- Operator Of Popular Ponzi Scheme Caught Trying To Flee The Country Over N1billion Fraud
- PDP Vice Presidential Candidate, Peter Obi Speaks On His Houses In London
- Popular APC Chieftain Assassinated In Ekiti (Photo)
- Trump plans US exit from international postal treaty
- Tiger Woods blames fatigue for Ryder Cup flop
- Liverpool’s Mane has surgery on hand injury
- NAFDAC Bans The Importation, Sale And Distribution Of Malco Vitamin B Complex Injection
- BBNaija’s Ifu Ennada Wins Lagos Beauty Summit Award
- Now is the time for Brexit deal – Theresa May tells EU
- Minimum wage: Organised labour holds crucial meeting
- West Ham suspend coach
- Mayweather to fight mixed martial arts star Khabib
- I hope you rot in hell – mother tells her late son accidentally killed by hunter
- Lady Shares Her Robbery Experience In Lagos Traffic (Photos)
- 100-Year-Old Woman In A Wheelchair Gets Married To 74-Year-Old Man (Photos)
- Henceforth, No Work, No Pay Principle To Apply During Strike – FG Announces
- Legal Tussle: Innoson’s Lawyer Attacked By Assassins, Shot 3 Times (Photos)
- Don’t embarrass me over sitting arrangement – Akpabio tells Saraki
- Policemen Save Uber Driver From Losing His Car To Armed Robbers In Lekki
- Resign Honourably Or Be Forced Out Of Office – Akpabio Threatens Saraki
- Human Skulls, Bones, Skulls & More: Police Parade Suspected Ritualists In Kwara (Photo)
- Tragic! Woman Killed On The Spot After Being Hit By Tipper (Graphic Photo)