About two months after he was allegedly assaulted by a fellow colleague, Burna Boy, Mr. 2kay made his first public appearance in Lagos at the recently held Future Awards.
Fellow singer, Burna Boy has since been identified by the Lagos State Police Command as mastermind of the attack and has been declared wanted.
But Burna Boy‘s team has revealed in an interview with Punch that he’s not on the run from the police, but is busy recording in the country.
Well, 2Kay in an exclusive chat with Saturday Beats, said that he was happy to be out again after his close shave with death and then narrated what happened that night.
“When they were beating me, I thought I was going to die on that day. When you see a man with a gun, anything can happen. They were debating on whether to shoot me or not. They were debating over my life if I should live or not. It was one of them that said he was my fan and he loved my song.
That person did not touch me; he only tied me to a chair and was calming me down. It was God that saved my life because when I first saw them, the first thing I shouted was Jesus and I believe that was what saved me.”
He alleged that Burna Boy had called him to apologise but he just wants the singer to be truthful and state his part in the case.
He then expressed surprise that the case was in court without either Burna Boy or his manager’s name in the suit.
“What I said was that Burna Boy has called me and he apologised without admitting that he was involved in the assault on me. He told me that he had no hand in it. I had to reply him that I never fingered him; it was his manager and the boys that fingered him. All we need is honesty and the truth. He cannot apologise to me over a matter that he has no hand in.
“At the end of the day, we all want this issue to go with this year and start the New Year on a fresh note. I was supposed to release my album this year but we could not do so because of this whole issue.
“Next year should be a very busy one for me and I don’t want to spend my time at a police station or pay numerous visits to the commissioner of police. I just want to have peace. Burna Boy is still my brother any day and I have forgiven him but what we want is the truth. If he calls me and opens up, we have said that we would settle it out of court. It is possible for us to have a song together in the future if he wants it because he is my brother. I swear with my life that I hold nothing against Burna Boy,”
The singer reiterated the fact that while he was being assaulted, he was robbed of a wristwatch which he claimed cost about N9m.
He added that he didn’t care if anyone believed he owned such an expensive piece of jewelry.
“Everything they stole from me was more than N9m; my wristwatch alone cost N9m. Everything stolen from me was over N10m. I wear an Audemars Piguet watch. I am a brand ambassador for an American alcoholic brand, Christian Brothers.
For me to get an endorsement with the brand, you should know that money was involved. Also, my song, ‘Count it all Joy’, had the highest number of downloads from MTN, not just in Nigeria but MTN as a whole. I go for events, I have godfathers and some footballers are my friends as well.
“I have people that could bless me with anything they want to gift me. I am from Rivers State and I do a lot of gigs; the music pays me a lot. I get royalties from my records playing in the UK as well.
My record label is not broke so I wonder why people think I cannot afford a wristwatch worth N9m. I have a father who is my boss and he can afford to buy anything for me. It is my choice to spend as much as N9m on a watch and I owe no one any explanation. It is an investment and I can take that watch to the bank.”
Latest Nigeria News
- Real Madrid Eye Conte As Lopetegui’s Replacement
- How NASS Plans To Pressure Buhari To Assent To Petroleum Industry Governance Bill – Saraki
- No Man Is Perfect – School Principal Speaks After Flogging Female NYSC Member (Photos)
- Trapped Journalists And Civil Servants Recount Ordeal In Kaduna Crisis
- Nigerian Eiye Cultist Killed By Rival Gang At A Nightclub In South Africa (Photos)
- Osun poll: Tribunal orders substituted service on INEC, Oyetola
- Grand corruption my biggest surprise as Vice-President – Osinbajo
- Naira loses marginally against dollar at parallel market
- Those who feel they have another country are free to go —Buhari
- “Nnamdi Kanu Is Not In Jerusalem” – Isreali Government Reacts
- CBN revokes nine micro-finance banks’ licences in Niger
- Why majority of Benue residents oppose Buhari’s re-election – Gov Ortom
- Captain Ozil shines in stellar Arsenal comeback
- Ashanti Cancels Concert After Selling Only 24 Tickets
- Xenophobia: 9 Nigerian-owned Shops Burnt In South Africa
- Unbelievable : Doctors Find 122 Nails Inside Patient’s Stomach During Operation
- Priest Commits Suicide After Being Accused Of Abusing A Child
- Is The Lagos Assembly Truly Planning To Impeach Ambode? Find Out What The Speaker Has To Say
- BBNaija’s Nina Shows Off Her Mother And Sisters As She Celebrates Her Mother’s Birthday
- NYSC Suspends Batch ‘C’ Orientation Course Indefinitely In Kaduna Over Unrest
- Osinbajo, Other Top Politicians Present As Alaafin Of Oyo Celebrates 80th Birthday (Photos)
- See A Teenage Female Blogger Allegedly Buys Two Cars For Her Parents As ‘Thank You’ Gifts (Photos)
- Norway To Increase Visa Issuance To Nigerians
- OMG : Heavy Flood Sweeps Away Van Containing Drugs Worth Millions In Delta
- Revealed: Saraki’s Anointed Candidate For Kwara Governorship Skips NYSC, Forges Certificate
- Lagos OAP Rocks Braless, Open Chest Outfit To Public Gathering (Photos)
- 55 Dead: Governor Nasir El-Rufai Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Kaduna
- Governor Amosun Breaks Silence After Reports Alleged He Has Dumped APC
- Tragedy As Man Stabs Customer To Death Over N200 Beer At A Bar (Photos)
- Oshiomhole attacks APC chiefs plotting his removal
- Religious leaders visit Buhari just to take photographs – Bakare
- We Will Attack Israel If Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Deported Back To Nigeria – Lai Mohammed
- APC Expels Former SGF, Nnamani
- 2019: Man Who Rode Bicycle From Owerri To Abuja For Atiku, Collapses, Lands In Hospital (Photos)
- JUST IN: El-Rufai imposes 24-hour curfew on Kaduna
- Nnamdi Kanu Radio Biafra Broadcast: “I decree that there is no longer S/East or S/South Nigeria” (Full Message)
- There’s a gang up against me – Adams Oshiomhole cries out
- What APC Used To Deceive Shehu Sani – Ben Bruce
- It Is Possible For America To Lift Visa Ban On Atiku Any Time Soon – Campaign Spokesperson
- Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles (Photo)