Chocolate City act, Ice Prince, who broke into the Nigerian music scene with “Oleku’, which he had ex-label mate, Brymo on, in a new Twitter exchange, admitted that he is back to being an upcoming act.
The now former superstar rap sensation, had this exchange with a follower who tweeted about his recent single ‘Replay’. The tweet read;
Recall that in an interview in 2017, Ice Prince Zamani, said artists in the country deserve kudos for making waves and giving Nigerian music more global recognition.
Ice Price, whose real name is Panshak Zamani, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos that growth in the Nigerian music industry had encouraged acceptability globally.
He made mention of Wizkid’s winning of the highly coveted “Best International Act: Africa” at the 2017 BET Awards.
“One can see that Nigerian artistes themselves have made efforts at stepping up their game and making it more acceptable internationally.
“So much impact – like Wizkid is currently the Best African Act at the just concluded BET Awards in America, which just gives every other person hope.
“It is amazing how fast the Nigerian music industry has evolved these past years.
“I’m really grateful to everybody that has worked toward opening the doors; from the likes of Fela, Sunny Ade, 2face, Dbanj, Don Jazzy.
“They’ve been doing amazingly well, and may God keep granting them success as they keep opening doors.
“It seemed impossible, and right now it just feels like one of those things already. Featuring a Nigerian artist would now be a major thing.
“There’s so much big stuff coming up; it feels good to be a part of the industry that is really growing so fast right now, “he said.
Latest Nigeria News
- JUST IN: British cabinet backs draft Brexit deal
- Premier League to weigh controversial £5m gift for outgoing chairman
- I will fix Nigeria’s ailing economy – Atiku
- BREAKING: N30,000 minimum wage will lead to bankruptcy – Govs
- INT’L MEDIA OUTLETS BATTLING TO SECURE A TV CHAT WITH IPOB LEADER NNAMDI KANU
- ‘You lack common decency,’ – President Macron’s spokesman tells Trump
- N’Golo Kante turned down offshore payments from Chelsea
- Sokoto Assembly accepts Deputy Gov’s resignation
- EFCC appoints Amokeodo as Magu’s spokesperson
- We’ll probe Oshiomhole, ICPC tells anti-APC chairman protesters
- Why I chose a fellow Muslim as running mate –Gov el-Rufai
- PDP accuses Buhari, APC of plans to liquidate members’ bank accounts
- Serena Williams emerges 2018 GQ Woman of the Year
- Susanna Dinnage to replace Scudamore as Premier League chief
- We are prepared for 2019 elections – INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu
- Teleology appoints new board of directors for 9mobile
- Why 2nd Niger Bridge is delayed – Fashola
- Teenage Boy Pictured With Machete Before Stabbing Friend To Death (Graphic Photos)
- We Are People Too – Higuain Apologises For Being Sent Off
- My Mum Behind My Flamboyant Fashion Sense – Paul Pogba
- OMG : Suspected Vandal Found Dead Inside NNPC Pipeline In Ogun
- Face Of Burglar Who Broke Into IBB’s Guesthouse And Stole Phones, Cash, Others (Photo)
- Salary: Ondo Workers Threaten To Begin Strike On Tuesday
- Revealed: How N15 Million Ransom Was Paid For Freedom Of Abducted Ondo ADC Chieftains
- My Daughter Wants To See Her Father, Davido’s Alleged Baby Mama Cries Out
- Gabon leader Ali Bongo seriously ill, says Presidency
- Stop using sniper to preserve beans, Agric minister begs traders
- Macron snubs US arms in defence spat with Trump
- Man City overpower United to win derby
- Lionel Messi Fails As Real Betis Beat Barcelona 4-3
- Google Doodle celebrates Christy Essien-Igbokwe’s 58th posthumous birthday
- 65-year-old man dies during sex with lover
- The fire threatening to consume Oshiomhole and APC’s chances in 2019
- APC Guber Candidate, Sanwo-olu Tells INEC About His Mental Health
- Nigerians Are Frustrated – Obasanjo
- What Davido’s Fans Went To Do At His House Last Night Will Shock You (Video)
- Mourinho takes swipe at Aguero ahead of City clash
- 2019: Banky W declares his intention to run for House of Reps
- Those calling for Oshiomhole’s removal want to destroy APC –Marafa
- Minimum wage: 1.5 million FG workers to earn over N2.3tn