A 20-Year old job seeking young lady, (name withheld) that was promised one has been raped by the person who promised to give her the job in Lagos.
P.M.EXPRESS reports that the suspect, 35-year old Babatunde Orekoya has been arrested for having unlawful carnal knowledge of the victim.
The incident happened at Awoyokun Street in Ilupeju area of Lagos where Orekoya resided.
It was gathered that the victim fell into the suspect’s trap when she contacted him, explained her condition and asked him to help get a job for her and Orekoya promised to do so. On the day the incident happened, it was scooped that the suspect had called and informed her that he had gotten a job for her with good salary. He then asked her to come to his house so that from there he will take her to the place for the routine interview and she will secure the job immediately.
However, the whole thing turned out to be a scam without the victim knowing that the suspect had such ulterior motive against her. It was gathered that when the victim got to his house, he locked the door from inside, loaded the music system so that the neighbours will not hear her shouting during the act.
According to the victim, “He forcefully tore my pant, over powered me and penetrated before he allowed me to go.” She went home and told her parents what happened. The matter was reported to the police at Ilupeju Division and the suspect was arrested and detained at the police station.
He was charged before Ogba Magistrates court for the alleged offence.
He pleaded not guilty.
The presiding Magistrate, Mr. T.O. Shomade ordered him to be remanded in prison custody without granting him any bail.
The court adjourned the matter till 12 February, 2018, when the court will rule on his bail condition.
Latest Nigeria News
- JUST IN: British cabinet backs draft Brexit deal
- Premier League to weigh controversial £5m gift for outgoing chairman
- I will fix Nigeria’s ailing economy – Atiku
- BREAKING: N30,000 minimum wage will lead to bankruptcy – Govs
- INT’L MEDIA OUTLETS BATTLING TO SECURE A TV CHAT WITH IPOB LEADER NNAMDI KANU
- ‘You lack common decency,’ – President Macron’s spokesman tells Trump
- N’Golo Kante turned down offshore payments from Chelsea
- Sokoto Assembly accepts Deputy Gov’s resignation
- EFCC appoints Amokeodo as Magu’s spokesperson
- We’ll probe Oshiomhole, ICPC tells anti-APC chairman protesters
- Why I chose a fellow Muslim as running mate –Gov el-Rufai
- PDP accuses Buhari, APC of plans to liquidate members’ bank accounts
- Serena Williams emerges 2018 GQ Woman of the Year
- Susanna Dinnage to replace Scudamore as Premier League chief
- We are prepared for 2019 elections – INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu
- Teleology appoints new board of directors for 9mobile
- Why 2nd Niger Bridge is delayed – Fashola
- Teenage Boy Pictured With Machete Before Stabbing Friend To Death (Graphic Photos)
- We Are People Too – Higuain Apologises For Being Sent Off
- My Mum Behind My Flamboyant Fashion Sense – Paul Pogba
- OMG : Suspected Vandal Found Dead Inside NNPC Pipeline In Ogun
- Face Of Burglar Who Broke Into IBB’s Guesthouse And Stole Phones, Cash, Others (Photo)
- Salary: Ondo Workers Threaten To Begin Strike On Tuesday
- Revealed: How N15 Million Ransom Was Paid For Freedom Of Abducted Ondo ADC Chieftains
- My Daughter Wants To See Her Father, Davido’s Alleged Baby Mama Cries Out
- Gabon leader Ali Bongo seriously ill, says Presidency
- Stop using sniper to preserve beans, Agric minister begs traders
- Macron snubs US arms in defence spat with Trump
- Man City overpower United to win derby
- Lionel Messi Fails As Real Betis Beat Barcelona 4-3
- Google Doodle celebrates Christy Essien-Igbokwe’s 58th posthumous birthday
- 65-year-old man dies during sex with lover
- The fire threatening to consume Oshiomhole and APC’s chances in 2019
- APC Guber Candidate, Sanwo-olu Tells INEC About His Mental Health
- Nigerians Are Frustrated – Obasanjo
- What Davido’s Fans Went To Do At His House Last Night Will Shock You (Video)
- Mourinho takes swipe at Aguero ahead of City clash
- 2019: Banky W declares his intention to run for House of Reps
- Those calling for Oshiomhole’s removal want to destroy APC –Marafa
- Minimum wage: 1.5 million FG workers to earn over N2.3tn