Benedicta Elechi, the partner of DaddyFreeze, has finally opened up on why she walked away from her marriage of 10 years to Paul Odekina, the executive general manager of Human Resource at Total E&P Nigeria Limited.
In an interview with LIB, she said:
“I filed for a divorce from him because of his sexual perversion and there’s a point where you get to as a human being when you realise that something or what is your aim is never going to work. .
. Because when I signed a contract to marry him, I believed I was marrying a man that shared the same type of sexuality with me.
Don’t get me wrong, I do not have any issues with people that have different sexual orientation but when you come and say you want to get into a marriage contract with someone, you both have to share the same sexual orientation.
So when you get into that marriage and find out it wasn’t what you bargained for, it’s like you were tricked into the marriage. The marriage is a sham. For example, we got married in 2002, I filed for a divorce 2012.
For the period of 10-years that we were married, we actually had sexual intercourse just 11 times in 10 years. He never let me sleep in his room, I have to stay in my own room. He would only come to see me when he thinks we should make a baby.
Way into the marriage, I caught him red-handed in gay sex. I walked into him in our living room, at about 1:30, 1:40am with a guy I didn’t really know. But he obviously walked in with that person at that time of the night, and I walked into them in our living room.”
I can tell you it was a struggle. You are living in a society where as a woman you have to do everything you can to preserve your marriage. You can come out of it, you just have to pray, God can change things.
There are certain things that we need to know when God is talking to you. It’s a little bit emotional for me because there are a lot of women out there that have gone through what I went through and they can’t come out.
I’m sorry, but there are a lot of reasons I never wanted to do an interview. The pain that I went through is real and it can only take a lifetime to forget.
When asked if she talked to her family or anybody about it, she said;
“When you feel that marriage is something both parties have to work on, You don’t want to bring a third party into it, so you can give him some time to change and pray about it.
And this is him begging you constantly, don’t leave me. If you do that am going to kill myself. I will commit suicide, I don’t want you to tell my parents or your parents about it. I promise you I’m going to change.
You would desperately believe that this person is going to change because you want your marriage to work, and you just find that the years are going by, you are in it, you can’t come out.
Who do you really want to tell? It’s a stigma and then you have kids, you don’t want them to be laughed at in school.”
Asked if she have any evidence to back up her claims that he was gay while they were married, she said;
“There were some text messages I saw on his phone which he sent to a man he actually brought home for dinner I made for them.
When I saw the text messages on his phone, I was livid. I had to confront him with it. You can’t bring someone to the house and tell me he’s a guest that I should entertain him, and this is actually what you do, this is the kind of relationship you have with this person.
Why are you punishing me, and why are you doing this to me. If you know this marriage is a sham, then let me go.
When I saw the text I had to wake up from the couch. I confronted him and he went all crazy on me. He said I have no right to pick up his phone. I told him I had no airtime on my phone and wanted to make a call with his. He said I have no right to go through his phone.
I said to him, is this what you really do, you would bring somebody to the house, for me to feed for dinner and this is it. You are in a sexual relationship with this guy.”
Meanwhile, OAP Freeze and Benedicta who have been together for several years have a son together.
Latest Nigeria News
- Wow! Davido Reportedly Gives Fan $1000 Just To Get Back At A Troll On Social Media…See How It Happened
- Heartbreaking: 18-Year-Old Talented African Footballer Dies Of Malaria In Portugal (Photos)
- Last Photos Of World Famous DJ, Avicii Six Days Before He Was Found Dead
- Bayern must be fearless against Real – Robben
- Lukaku says Man Utd can win Premier League next year
- #BBNaija 2018: NBC speaks on hosting of show in South Africa
- Alexis Sanchez reveals why he didn’t post any tribute to Arsene Wenger
- #BBNaija 2018 : Why Northerners don’t participate in reality show – Arewa youth leader, Shettima
- Why we didn’t renew Chidinma’s contract – Ill Bliss
- Why we didn’t renew Chidinma’s contract – Ill Bliss
- #BBNaija 2018: Unmasking the face of Big Brother, what you don’t know
- Nigerian Newspapers: 10 things you need to know this Sunday morning
- Igbo presidency: Buhari will handover to Osinbajo, don’t be deceived – Chekwas Okorie tells South East
- The Bible Is Not Against Divorce – Apostle Alfred Williams
- Stephanie Okoreke and Husband Linus Idahosa Are In Abuja For Their 6th Wedding Anniversary
- FA Cup: Manchester United defeat Tottenham, qualify for final
- BREAKING: Buhari returns to Abuja after CHOGM in London
- El-Rufai declared missing in Kaduna
- Maureen Solomon: I Quit Acting To Dedicate Time For My Children, My Husband Didn’t Stop Me
- Too Much Money: Duncan Mighty Proudly Rocks Costly Gucci Denim Jacket He Bought For N1.1 Million
- Stay away from any man who can’t make you cum – Actress Shyngle
- Man disqualifies job seekers for not having voters’ card
- First photos from the white wedding of Xerona Duke and DJ Caise
- Copa del Rey finals: Messi an alien that should live in sky not earth – Montella
- Nigerian Comedian, Teju Babyface Welcomes Twins With His Wife After 6 Years Of Bareness
- Ahead of Headies 2018, Davido begs for votes for Mayorkun, Peruzzi
- Ebonyi Governor David Umahi declares Public Holiday for PVC Registration
- Senate mace theft ‘a very primitive adventure’ – Saraki
- No man can resist my big boobs – Nollywood actress Stella Idika
- Buhari joined Nigerian Army without O’Level certificate – Fayose
- Sophia Momodu replies follower who called her 2-year-old daughter “sexy”
- OAU Sex-for-marks scandal; female student involved, speaks out
- Young man’s gesture to his great grandmother goes viral! (photos)
- “My wealth is not from oil bunkering” – Duncan Mighty cries out
- President Buhari must apologise to the youths – Shehu Sani
- Presidency reacts to ‘Zahra Buhari’s’ Facebook post insulting Nigerians
- Details of why Wenger resigned as Arsenal manager revealed
- LIKE SERIOUSLY! Young Man Takes His S£x Doll On A Date To The Popular Ikeja Mall In Lagos (Video)
- More Exclusive Pictures Of Timaya Lekki Mansion! (Photos)
- Actress, Victoria Kolawole Looks Adorable As She Rocks White Tube Top (Photos)