High-scoring forward, Alexis Sanchez is expressed appreciations to the leadership of Manchester United for handing him the legendary No 7 jersey.
Manchester United striker, Alexis Sanchez, has revealed what the club number 7 jersey means to him.
The Chilean international was handed the iconic number seven shirt on Monday night, after the long-anticipated swap deal that saw Henrikh Mkhitaryan head in the opposite direction was completed, bringing to a conclusion one of the biggest transfer stories of the January window.
Sanchez said wearing the number 7 jersey for United makes him dreaming of lifting the UEFA Champions League and the Premier league.
Sanchez told MUTV: “When they told me that Cristiano [Ronaldo], [Eric] Cantona, David Beckham had all worn it, just thinking about that number seven sets you off dreaming in your head with ideas about lifting the Champions League trophy and winning the Premier League title,” he said.
“So yes, I’m fulfilling a dream and I hope to give my very best and win many trophies at this club.”
Sanchez was previously heavily linked with a move to United’s rivals, Manchester City, managed by former Barcelona boss, Pep Guardiola.
City ultimately ended their interest in the forward, but Sanchez hopes to recreate the dressing-room atmosphere from his time in Catalonia as he bids to bring success back to United.
“I believe that having a family in the dressing room is very important when it comes to winning trophies,” he explained.
“I played in Spain and we also had a very good dressing room and I won a lot of things. So I think that in my experience of being in dressing rooms, it’s so important to have a really good group.
“I also think that the club always needs to be strengthening and bringing players in, and in this instance that’s why I’m here, to work hard for the team, and to try and win everything with them.”
Latest Nigeria News
- Wizkid Cautions Bodyguard After He Hit His Fans At His Show (Video)
- Why My Marriage To Olu Jacobs Has Lasted – Joke Silva
- Georgia’s first female president sworn in
- Theresa May clashes with Blair over Brexit
- Struggling Southampton ends Arsenal’s unbeaten run
- One Killed As Container Falls On Two Cars In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos)
- IBB Salutes Buhari At 76th Birthday
- I Can Afford Whatever I Want, I Don’t Live A Fake Life – Nollywood Actress, Angela Okorie
- My Family Never Wanted Me To Marry OJB – 3rd Wife, Korede Finally Opens Up
- Drama As Robber Is Given A Bottle Of Beer To Drink After Being Caught In Bayelsa (Photos)
- APC Begs Buhari NOT To Participate In Presidential Debate
- I’m afraid of fetish people –Asa
- Biafra: IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu Suspends Live Broadcast
- INEC raises the alarm over PVC’s cloning in Imo
- Metele attack: Presidency, Atiku clash over Buhari’s absence at soldiers’ burial
- Anambra FRSC sector commander dies in crash
- Atiku pledges to revisit Jonathan’s confab report
- #2019Debate: Orji Kalu Reacts To Osinbajo’s Performance
- Charlyboy weds wife in church after 40 years
- Eleven die after eating ‘toxic’ rice
- REVEALED: How Buhari Got N260,000 Bank Loan To Build First House As Head Of State
- How Nigerian Doctors Almost Cut Off My Leg – Nollywood Actress, KC Ejelonu
- Full List Of House Of Reps Members Not Returning To National Assembly In 2019
- Vigilante Member, ‘Scorpion’ Who Died During IPOB Rally In Abia, Buried (Photos)
- Evil Woman Murders Neighbour’s 2-year-old Son, Dumps Corpse In Toilet To Punish Dad (Photos)
- ‘Small Waist’ Actress, Princess Shyngle Opens Up On Alleged Suicide Attempt
- How My Husband Killed Our Four Children And Himself – Grieving Woman Breaks Silence
- FACT CHECK: Verifying Osinbajo, Peter Obi’s Claims At Vice Presidential Debate
- Salah Clinches BBC African Footballer Of The Year 2018
- Fani-Kayode hails Peter Obi for knocking out Osinbajo, others
- Saraki Reacts To Peter Obi’s Performance At VP Debate. Ogundamisi Laughs
- Osinbajo, Obi, others differ over economy, subsidy regime
- CAF awards: Musa shunned, Iwobi makes final shortlist
- 2019 elections: US says violence looms in Nigeria
- Popular Nollywood actor, Ifeanyi Gbulie dead
- Paul Okoye Of Psquare Announces Change Of Name
- #2019Debate: Nigeria lost four million jobs in six months – Peter Obi
- BREAKING: Sowore’s supporters storm debate venue, protest exclusion
- #2019Debate: Osinbajo blames PDP for poor economy
- BREAKING: Military suspends UNICEF activities in North-East