Olamide’s new song, Science Student, has been criticized around Nigeria for its lyrical content, and now, the Chairman of the Nigerian Young Professionals Forum has joined the criticism.
Mr Moses Siasia, the Chairman of the Nigerian Young Professionals Forum, has berated YBNL boss, Olamide Adedeji, known by his stage name Olamide for his latest song ‘science song’ which promote drug abuse, especially among youth.
According to Nigerian Tribune, the former Bayelsa State governorship candidate also called on the regulatory bodies to ban the song and ensure that Olamide is dissuade from releasing similar song in the future.
Siasia in a statement by his media office, noted that the song is laced with lyrics that not only encouraged the intake of hard drug but shamelessly misinform the listeners on how to mix illicit substances.
“This is aside from the fact that this artiste eulogised users of hard drugs. This is a dangerous trend that must be stop now before it destroys the sanity of our society. It is disheartening that Nigeria is already battling with the effect of hard drug in the society and its accompanying vices. More than 40 per cent of Nigerian youths are said to be involved in one form of drug abuse or the other.
“Recently, the Nigerian senate noted that over three million bottles of codeine syrup are consumed daily in Kano and Jigawa States, sadly among female Nigerian youths, including married women.”
Siasia encouraged Olamide to use his popularity and influence to promote good behaviours, especially among the youths. Siasia said that music is a powerful tool that can be use for social goods and to rally the youth towards a collective goal.
“The law enforcement agencies, especially the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) should interrogate Olamide and if he is suspected to be a promoter of hard drug, he should face the music.
“However, I want to believe Olamide needs help and the NDLEA should be able to educate him on the harmful effect of drug abuse to our society and his fans,” he said.
Mr Siasia also called on National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) and Performing Musicians Association of Nigeria (PMAN) to educate entertainers and support them in promoting societal values through their works.
Latest Nigeria News
- Wizkid Cautions Bodyguard After He Hit His Fans At His Show (Video)
- Why My Marriage To Olu Jacobs Has Lasted – Joke Silva
- Georgia’s first female president sworn in
- Theresa May clashes with Blair over Brexit
- Struggling Southampton ends Arsenal’s unbeaten run
- One Killed As Container Falls On Two Cars In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos)
- IBB Salutes Buhari At 76th Birthday
- I Can Afford Whatever I Want, I Don’t Live A Fake Life – Nollywood Actress, Angela Okorie
- My Family Never Wanted Me To Marry OJB – 3rd Wife, Korede Finally Opens Up
- Drama As Robber Is Given A Bottle Of Beer To Drink After Being Caught In Bayelsa (Photos)
- APC Begs Buhari NOT To Participate In Presidential Debate
- I’m afraid of fetish people –Asa
- Biafra: IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu Suspends Live Broadcast
- INEC raises the alarm over PVC’s cloning in Imo
- Metele attack: Presidency, Atiku clash over Buhari’s absence at soldiers’ burial
- Anambra FRSC sector commander dies in crash
- Atiku pledges to revisit Jonathan’s confab report
- #2019Debate: Orji Kalu Reacts To Osinbajo’s Performance
- Charlyboy weds wife in church after 40 years
- Eleven die after eating ‘toxic’ rice
- REVEALED: How Buhari Got N260,000 Bank Loan To Build First House As Head Of State
- How Nigerian Doctors Almost Cut Off My Leg – Nollywood Actress, KC Ejelonu
- Full List Of House Of Reps Members Not Returning To National Assembly In 2019
- Vigilante Member, ‘Scorpion’ Who Died During IPOB Rally In Abia, Buried (Photos)
- Evil Woman Murders Neighbour’s 2-year-old Son, Dumps Corpse In Toilet To Punish Dad (Photos)
- ‘Small Waist’ Actress, Princess Shyngle Opens Up On Alleged Suicide Attempt
- How My Husband Killed Our Four Children And Himself – Grieving Woman Breaks Silence
- FACT CHECK: Verifying Osinbajo, Peter Obi’s Claims At Vice Presidential Debate
- Salah Clinches BBC African Footballer Of The Year 2018
- Fani-Kayode hails Peter Obi for knocking out Osinbajo, others
- Saraki Reacts To Peter Obi’s Performance At VP Debate. Ogundamisi Laughs
- Osinbajo, Obi, others differ over economy, subsidy regime
- CAF awards: Musa shunned, Iwobi makes final shortlist
- 2019 elections: US says violence looms in Nigeria
- Popular Nollywood actor, Ifeanyi Gbulie dead
- Paul Okoye Of Psquare Announces Change Of Name
- #2019Debate: Nigeria lost four million jobs in six months – Peter Obi
- BREAKING: Sowore’s supporters storm debate venue, protest exclusion
- #2019Debate: Osinbajo blames PDP for poor economy
- BREAKING: Military suspends UNICEF activities in North-East