Olamide’s new song, Science Student, has been criticized around Nigeria for its lyrical content, and now, the Chairman of the Nigerian Young Professionals Forum has joined the criticism.
Mr Moses Siasia, the Chairman of the Nigerian Young Professionals Forum, has berated YBNL boss, Olamide Adedeji, known by his stage name Olamide for his latest song ‘science song’ which promote drug abuse, especially among youth.
According to Nigerian Tribune, the former Bayelsa State governorship candidate also called on the regulatory bodies to ban the song and ensure that Olamide is dissuade from releasing similar song in the future.
Siasia in a statement by his media office, noted that the song is laced with lyrics that not only encouraged the intake of hard drug but shamelessly misinform the listeners on how to mix illicit substances.
“This is aside from the fact that this artiste eulogised users of hard drugs. This is a dangerous trend that must be stop now before it destroys the sanity of our society. It is disheartening that Nigeria is already battling with the effect of hard drug in the society and its accompanying vices. More than 40 per cent of Nigerian youths are said to be involved in one form of drug abuse or the other.
“Recently, the Nigerian senate noted that over three million bottles of codeine syrup are consumed daily in Kano and Jigawa States, sadly among female Nigerian youths, including married women.”
Siasia encouraged Olamide to use his popularity and influence to promote good behaviours, especially among the youths. Siasia said that music is a powerful tool that can be use for social goods and to rally the youth towards a collective goal.
“The law enforcement agencies, especially the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) should interrogate Olamide and if he is suspected to be a promoter of hard drug, he should face the music.
“However, I want to believe Olamide needs help and the NDLEA should be able to educate him on the harmful effect of drug abuse to our society and his fans,” he said.
Mr Siasia also called on National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) and Performing Musicians Association of Nigeria (PMAN) to educate entertainers and support them in promoting societal values through their works.
Latest Nigeria News
- Ban on smartphones unconstitutional, Ekweremadu tells INEC
- UCL: Juventus victorious despite Ronaldo red card
- UCL: Cornet stars as less-fancied Lyon stun Manchester City
- UCL: Real Madrid run riot against Roma
- The moment that saw Cristiano Ronaldo see red (Video)
- 2019: Chris Giwa declares senatorial bid
- FG suspends Nigeria Air indefinitely
- Osun election: Saraki, Atiku, Secondus rally support for Adeleke
- 3 officials given life bans by FIFA for corruption
- Father threatens to throw child from window
- Drama As Fight Breaks Out In Church When Pastor Tells Woman Her Best Friend Is Behind Her Problems (Video)
- BREAKING: Police Invite Davido’s Uncle, Sen. Adeleke For Allegedly Engaging In Exam Malpractice
- Gov. Ambode Reacts To Rumours Of Stepping Down From Guber Race
- Story Of Identical Twin Sisters Who Gave Birth To Sons On The Same Day At The Same Hospital (Photos)
- US-based Nigerian Group Offers To Pay Leah Sharibu’s Ransom
- Lovely Photos Of Basketmouth And His Beautiful Wife
- Adorable Photo Of Actress Yvonne Nelson And Her Daughter
- Comedian Bovi And Wife Celebrate Their 9th Wedding Anniversary, Release Adorable Photos
- BREAKING: I Will Contest Lagos Gov Election – Jimi Agbaje Finally Confirms
- Police Speak On AAU Graduation Cult Clash That Left Many Dead
- Juventus Forward, Costa Bags Four-Match Ban After Spitting Incident
- Racism: Mesut Ozil’s agent blasts Kroos, Neuer, Muller
- Buhari does not understand governance – Saraki insists
- 2019: INEC clarifies statement on ban of smart phones around polling units
- UCL: Jurgen Klopp singles out one player that helped Liverpool beat PSG
- UCL: Griezmann, Costa combine as Atletico undo Monaco
- Oyo govt shuts Obasanjo Farms in Ibadan
- Champions League: Lionel Messi hits hat-trick as Barcelona thrash PSV 4-0
- Champions League: Firmino hands Liverpool flying Champions League start over PSG
- UCL: Sergio Ramos attacks Griezmann over Messi, Ronaldo
- How Buhari committed abomination by replacing Kemi Adesoun with El-Rufai’s stepsister – HURIWA
- President Buhari Storms Osogbo For APC Mega Rally (Photo)
- Tension As Italian Catholic Priest Is Kidnapped In Niger
- Boko Haram And The Concept Of ‘Technical Defeat’
- 2Baba’s First Son, Nino’s Lovely Birthday Message To His Dad Will Warm Your Heart
- REVEALED: Cristiano Ronaldo’s Last Speech For Real Madrid In The Champions League Final
- ‘Tomorrow Is Pregnant’ – Man Shares Throwback Photo With Ex Classmate Who Is Now A Governor
- 2019: APC Chieftain, Dahiru Yusuf Yabo Dumps Party, Defects To PDP
- I’ll Teach You How To Defeat Tinubu In Lagos, Saraki Tells Lagosians
- Emmy Awards 2018: ‘Game of Thrones’ wins best drama series