Speaking at a thanksgiving service organised to mark her 50th birthday at the Chapel of Praise International Church, Yola on Sunday, Mrs. Binta Masi Garba , a Nigerian Senator representing Adamawa North Senatorial District in the red chamber, recounted her property was burnt down by her biological father after she gave her life to Jesus Christ.
Senator Binta who spoke about the turnaround which made her the cornerstone in her family as she broke down in tears during the event, the Senator stated she got all she has now after deprivation and rejection she suffered for accepting Jesus Christ as her Lord and Saviour.
“I gave my life to Christ when I was in primary school. My father was infuriated and he burnt everything I had because of my decision to follow Christ. I suffered so much because of the name of Jesus. I would have been nothing if not for His grace. The rejected child, because of my faith, has become a cornerstone. I give glory to His name” she said.
Nigeria’s Vice-President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, who also spoke at the thanksgiving service, called for prayers for the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha, the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, Winifred Oyo-Ita and other Christian appointees in the administration of President Muhammed Buhari so they can all make the desired impact in government.
Osinbajo further stated at the event which the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, Boss Mustapha, Senator Nelson Effiong, who represented the Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu, and the Founder, Chapel of Praise Church International, Archbishop Fred Addo attended, that President Muhammadu Buhari had appointed some of the finest Christians in his government in order to bring change.
“The truth of the matter is that in the government of today, we have some of the most erudite Christians, some of the best Christians occupying positions in government. Boss Mustapha, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, who is a pastor; the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, Winifred Oyo-Ita and of course I, the Vice-President are all Christians.
“But it is not enough to have Christians in government like myself. It is never enough. If you look through the scriptures whether it was Joseph, Daniel or Esther, every person who made an impact in governance in the scripture that we see was supported by the prayers of the people of God.
“God is not moved unless we move His hands in the place of prayers. We are in a period in history when God wants to do something that is why some of us are in government. The opportunity must not be lost, your prayers to God will make that difference” he said.
Latest Nigeria News
- Wow! Davido Reportedly Gives Fan $1000 Just To Get Back At A Troll On Social Media…See How It Happened
- Heartbreaking: 18-Year-Old Talented African Footballer Dies Of Malaria In Portugal (Photos)
- Last Photos Of World Famous DJ, Avicii Six Days Before He Was Found Dead
- Bayern must be fearless against Real – Robben
- Lukaku says Man Utd can win Premier League next year
- #BBNaija 2018: NBC speaks on hosting of show in South Africa
- Alexis Sanchez reveals why he didn’t post any tribute to Arsene Wenger
- #BBNaija 2018 : Why Northerners don’t participate in reality show – Arewa youth leader, Shettima
- Why we didn’t renew Chidinma’s contract – Ill Bliss
- Why we didn’t renew Chidinma’s contract – Ill Bliss
- #BBNaija 2018: Unmasking the face of Big Brother, what you don’t know
- Nigerian Newspapers: 10 things you need to know this Sunday morning
- Igbo presidency: Buhari will handover to Osinbajo, don’t be deceived – Chekwas Okorie tells South East
- The Bible Is Not Against Divorce – Apostle Alfred Williams
- Stephanie Okoreke and Husband Linus Idahosa Are In Abuja For Their 6th Wedding Anniversary
- FA Cup: Manchester United defeat Tottenham, qualify for final
- BREAKING: Buhari returns to Abuja after CHOGM in London
- El-Rufai declared missing in Kaduna
- Maureen Solomon: I Quit Acting To Dedicate Time For My Children, My Husband Didn’t Stop Me
- Too Much Money: Duncan Mighty Proudly Rocks Costly Gucci Denim Jacket He Bought For N1.1 Million
- Stay away from any man who can’t make you cum – Actress Shyngle
- Man disqualifies job seekers for not having voters’ card
- First photos from the white wedding of Xerona Duke and DJ Caise
- Copa del Rey finals: Messi an alien that should live in sky not earth – Montella
- Nigerian Comedian, Teju Babyface Welcomes Twins With His Wife After 6 Years Of Bareness
- Ahead of Headies 2018, Davido begs for votes for Mayorkun, Peruzzi
- Ebonyi Governor David Umahi declares Public Holiday for PVC Registration
- Senate mace theft ‘a very primitive adventure’ – Saraki
- No man can resist my big boobs – Nollywood actress Stella Idika
- Buhari joined Nigerian Army without O’Level certificate – Fayose
- Sophia Momodu replies follower who called her 2-year-old daughter “sexy”
- OAU Sex-for-marks scandal; female student involved, speaks out
- Young man’s gesture to his great grandmother goes viral! (photos)
- “My wealth is not from oil bunkering” – Duncan Mighty cries out
- President Buhari must apologise to the youths – Shehu Sani
- Presidency reacts to ‘Zahra Buhari’s’ Facebook post insulting Nigerians
- Details of why Wenger resigned as Arsenal manager revealed
- LIKE SERIOUSLY! Young Man Takes His S£x Doll On A Date To The Popular Ikeja Mall In Lagos (Video)
- More Exclusive Pictures Of Timaya Lekki Mansion! (Photos)
- Actress, Victoria Kolawole Looks Adorable As She Rocks White Tube Top (Photos)