Speaking at a thanksgiving service organised to mark her 50th birthday at the Chapel of Praise International Church, Yola on Sunday, Mrs. Binta Masi Garba , a Nigerian Senator representing Adamawa North Senatorial District in the red chamber, recounted her property was burnt down by her biological father after she gave her life to Jesus Christ.
Senator Binta who spoke about the turnaround which made her the cornerstone in her family as she broke down in tears during the event, the Senator stated she got all she has now after deprivation and rejection she suffered for accepting Jesus Christ as her Lord and Saviour.
“I gave my life to Christ when I was in primary school. My father was infuriated and he burnt everything I had because of my decision to follow Christ. I suffered so much because of the name of Jesus. I would have been nothing if not for His grace. The rejected child, because of my faith, has become a cornerstone. I give glory to His name” she said.
Nigeria’s Vice-President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, who also spoke at the thanksgiving service, called for prayers for the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha, the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, Winifred Oyo-Ita and other Christian appointees in the administration of President Muhammed Buhari so they can all make the desired impact in government.
Osinbajo further stated at the event which the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, Boss Mustapha, Senator Nelson Effiong, who represented the Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu, and the Founder, Chapel of Praise Church International, Archbishop Fred Addo attended, that President Muhammadu Buhari had appointed some of the finest Christians in his government in order to bring change.
“The truth of the matter is that in the government of today, we have some of the most erudite Christians, some of the best Christians occupying positions in government. Boss Mustapha, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, who is a pastor; the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, Winifred Oyo-Ita and of course I, the Vice-President are all Christians.
“But it is not enough to have Christians in government like myself. It is never enough. If you look through the scriptures whether it was Joseph, Daniel or Esther, every person who made an impact in governance in the scripture that we see was supported by the prayers of the people of God.
“God is not moved unless we move His hands in the place of prayers. We are in a period in history when God wants to do something that is why some of us are in government. The opportunity must not be lost, your prayers to God will make that difference” he said.
Latest Nigeria News
- Abducted Dapchi Girl, Leah Sharibu’s Mother, Others Sue FG, Claim N500m Damages
- Nigerians Cry Out For Help As Ghana Closes 400 Of Their Businesses
- Nigeria Might Slide Back To Recession – CBN
- Famous Actor, Will Smith Bungee Jumps Out Of Helicopter To Celebrate His 50th Birthday (Video)
- Minimum wage: NLC tells workers to begin strike Thursday
- FIFA Best Player award: Messi votes for Ronaldo
- Applicant dies during FRSC recruitment in Kogi
- Pastor Adeboye’s Son Reacts To Reports That He Called Osun Voters Fools
- FRSC Recruitment: Applicants To Be Disqualified If They Have The Following Deformity
- PDP Leadership Divided Over Venue For Presidential Primaries
- Pogba can never be Man United captain again —Mourinho
- Osun rerun: Fayemi visits Omisore
- #OsunDecides2018: PDP Claims Discovery Of Votes Deduction By INEC
- Why I Want My Son-in-law To Be Next Kano Governor – Kwankwaso
- Billionaire Businessman, Femi Otedola Spotted With FIFA President In London (Photo)
- Osun Election: INEC Speaks On Staff Caught ‘Altering’ Results, Admits Error In Vote Collation
- Super Eagles Legend, Kanu Nwankwo And Wife Meet With Didier Drogba In London (Photos)
- FG Finally Reveals Why Nigeria Air Was Suspended
- 3 Lagos Hospitals Could Not Save Her – Ras Kimono’s Stepson Reveals How His Mother Died
- Fears Over ‘Killer’ Palm Oil In Nigeria
- FIFA to reintroduce agent licences
- BREAKING: UN chief warns of ‘chaotic’ world order as General Assembly opens
- Jubilation As Notorious Kidnapper Is Captured By Police In Imo State
- Death Toll Hits 108, As Flood Displaces 441,251 People
- Luka Modric Wins FIFA #TheBest Footballer Of The Year Award (See Best 11)
- Davido Buys The Latest Iphone XS for His Crew (Photos)
- Labour Set For Nationwide Strike Over Delayed Minimum Wage
- Hundreds Storm Osun INEC Office In Serious Protest Against Rerun
- Pretty Lady Celebrates Grandmother’s 95th Birthday With A Fun-themed Photoshoot
- Drake Writes To Fans After Collapsing On Stage
- Buhari Approves N42.68 Billion For ASUU & Former Workers Of Defunct Nigeria Airways
- South-east Governors Asked Muhammadu Buhari To Proscribe IPOB – Group
- I Used To Be Reckless With Women – Teddy-A Speaks On Bambam, Fame, Movies & Controversies
- Football Star, Sheyi Ojo Ready To Ditch England For Nigeria
- ????Popular Philanthropist, Kokun Reveals He Is Very Depressed And Is Thinking Of Suicide
- APC Primary: Lagos Assembly Speaker Begs Lagosians To Pray For Governor Ambode
- Why Chelsea Drew Against West Ham – David Luiz Speaks On Ending Perfect Start
- Tiwa Savage Kneels Down To Greet Sir Shina Peters (Photos)
- Osun Re-run: What PDP Should Do – Lawyer
- BREAKING: Italy Govt. Adopts New Anti-migrant Decree