Popular Nigerian singer, Wande Coal, whose real names are Wande Ojosipe, has been accused by his baby mama of dumping her after she gave birth to their baby and he is also alleged to have abducted their baby for 8 years.
The “Bumper-to-bumper” crooner had kept this part of his life private from his fans. Not many of his fans knew he had a child until he made it public in 2015 while talking to Ehiz on MTV Base Real Talk. There, Wande Coal opened up for the first time about his then 7-year-old son, who he knew existed while the lad was two years old.
His babymama, Temitope Ogunnusi in a new interview with NewsmakersNG, has hoever revealed that the singer impregnated her while she was just 16 years of age and immediately after the birth of the baby, the baby was taken away from her.
According to her, she met the popular former Mavin’s artiste at Jubilee Estate, near Otedola Estate, Lagos in 2008.
Temitope revealed that their love waxed stronger by the day until when she told the singer that she was pregnant, which he didn t take lightly and immediately rejected the pregancy on the stance that it would destroy his career as a budding artiste then.
“Do you want to kill my career?” he allegedly asked Temitope.
Temitope however mentioned that other artistes close to wande were aware of the situation. She said:
“Oladapo Daniel Oyebanjo aka D’Banj knew all that happened. He was close to Wande Coal, and he was the person I first complained to when the pregnancy was rejected. D’Banj was shocked. He said ‘No, Wande cannot deny this’.”
But then, the news of Joseph’s birth filtered to Wande Coal and his parents. His mother, Mrs. Omolara Oluwayemisi Ojosipe, arranged to see the baby, and she was allegedly amazed at the resemblance.
That was in 2010, when Joseph was just one and a half years old.
Shortly after that, Wande Coal’s parents allegedly arranged for a DNA test to be done on Joseph. The result came out positive, giving them a 100 per cent assurance that Joseph was actually their grandson.
According to Temitope, Mrs Ojosipe must have decided to have their grandson in their custody when she visited Temitope’s mother afterwards.
One morning, she went to the market, bought some food stuffs which she took to Temitope’s mother. Mrs Ojosipe told the unsuspecting woman (Temitope’s mum) that she wanted her grandson to spend some time with her, with a promise to take care of him.
Temitope woke up one Saturday morning, full of expectation that she would be reunited with the father of her son. With the invitation she had received, she packed clothes that would last a few days for herself and her son.
They were actually well received and she eagerly waited for Wande’s arrival that weekend.
Then his call came and Wande’s mom talked with him on phone. When it seemed the call would soon end, Temitope moved nearer just to indicate her interest in speaking to him.
This must have infuriated Wande’s mother, who got up, moved to her room, dragged Joseph with her, and was said, “speak to your son,” as she entered the room with the child.
Then, she slammed the door behind her and shut Temitope out.
Temitope said Mrs Ojosipe told her: “My son cannot marry a low class woman.”
Unknown to Temitope, there were more surprises in store for her.
Since 2010, Joseph has been in the custody of Wande Coal’s mum and Wande Coal had publicly admitted the paternity of the child. He was said to have released Joseph’s picture when the boy marked his birthday on June 20, 2015.
Now, Temitope said she had spent the last eight years waking up in tears and pain in her heart.
“Please just let me see my son,” she begged during this interview. “He’s the only one I’ve got.”
NewsmakersNG however claimed they have not been able to reach out to Wande Coal for him to speak on the issue as he has rendered himself incommunicado
Latest Nigeria News
- Wizkid Cautions Bodyguard After He Hit His Fans At His Show (Video)
- Why My Marriage To Olu Jacobs Has Lasted – Joke Silva
- Georgia’s first female president sworn in
- Theresa May clashes with Blair over Brexit
- Struggling Southampton ends Arsenal’s unbeaten run
- One Killed As Container Falls On Two Cars In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos)
- IBB Salutes Buhari At 76th Birthday
- I Can Afford Whatever I Want, I Don’t Live A Fake Life – Nollywood Actress, Angela Okorie
- My Family Never Wanted Me To Marry OJB – 3rd Wife, Korede Finally Opens Up
- Drama As Robber Is Given A Bottle Of Beer To Drink After Being Caught In Bayelsa (Photos)
- APC Begs Buhari NOT To Participate In Presidential Debate
- I’m afraid of fetish people –Asa
- Biafra: IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu Suspends Live Broadcast
- INEC raises the alarm over PVC’s cloning in Imo
- Metele attack: Presidency, Atiku clash over Buhari’s absence at soldiers’ burial
- Anambra FRSC sector commander dies in crash
- Atiku pledges to revisit Jonathan’s confab report
- #2019Debate: Orji Kalu Reacts To Osinbajo’s Performance
- Charlyboy weds wife in church after 40 years
- Eleven die after eating ‘toxic’ rice
- REVEALED: How Buhari Got N260,000 Bank Loan To Build First House As Head Of State
- How Nigerian Doctors Almost Cut Off My Leg – Nollywood Actress, KC Ejelonu
- Full List Of House Of Reps Members Not Returning To National Assembly In 2019
- Vigilante Member, ‘Scorpion’ Who Died During IPOB Rally In Abia, Buried (Photos)
- Evil Woman Murders Neighbour’s 2-year-old Son, Dumps Corpse In Toilet To Punish Dad (Photos)
- ‘Small Waist’ Actress, Princess Shyngle Opens Up On Alleged Suicide Attempt
- How My Husband Killed Our Four Children And Himself – Grieving Woman Breaks Silence
- FACT CHECK: Verifying Osinbajo, Peter Obi’s Claims At Vice Presidential Debate
- Salah Clinches BBC African Footballer Of The Year 2018
- Fani-Kayode hails Peter Obi for knocking out Osinbajo, others
- Saraki Reacts To Peter Obi’s Performance At VP Debate. Ogundamisi Laughs
- Osinbajo, Obi, others differ over economy, subsidy regime
- CAF awards: Musa shunned, Iwobi makes final shortlist
- 2019 elections: US says violence looms in Nigeria
- Popular Nollywood actor, Ifeanyi Gbulie dead
- Paul Okoye Of Psquare Announces Change Of Name
- #2019Debate: Nigeria lost four million jobs in six months – Peter Obi
- BREAKING: Sowore’s supporters storm debate venue, protest exclusion
- #2019Debate: Osinbajo blames PDP for poor economy
- BREAKING: Military suspends UNICEF activities in North-East