Popular Nigerian singer, Wande Coal, whose real names are Wande Ojosipe, has been accused by his baby mama of dumping her after she gave birth to their baby and he is also alleged to have abducted their baby for 8 years.
The “Bumper-to-bumper” crooner had kept this part of his life private from his fans. Not many of his fans knew he had a child until he made it public in 2015 while talking to Ehiz on MTV Base Real Talk. There, Wande Coal opened up for the first time about his then 7-year-old son, who he knew existed while the lad was two years old.
His babymama, Temitope Ogunnusi in a new interview with NewsmakersNG, has hoever revealed that the singer impregnated her while she was just 16 years of age and immediately after the birth of the baby, the baby was taken away from her.
According to her, she met the popular former Mavin’s artiste at Jubilee Estate, near Otedola Estate, Lagos in 2008.
Temitope revealed that their love waxed stronger by the day until when she told the singer that she was pregnant, which he didn t take lightly and immediately rejected the pregancy on the stance that it would destroy his career as a budding artiste then.
“Do you want to kill my career?” he allegedly asked Temitope.
Temitope however mentioned that other artistes close to wande were aware of the situation. She said:
“Oladapo Daniel Oyebanjo aka D’Banj knew all that happened. He was close to Wande Coal, and he was the person I first complained to when the pregnancy was rejected. D’Banj was shocked. He said ‘No, Wande cannot deny this’.”
But then, the news of Joseph’s birth filtered to Wande Coal and his parents. His mother, Mrs. Omolara Oluwayemisi Ojosipe, arranged to see the baby, and she was allegedly amazed at the resemblance.
That was in 2010, when Joseph was just one and a half years old.
Shortly after that, Wande Coal’s parents allegedly arranged for a DNA test to be done on Joseph. The result came out positive, giving them a 100 per cent assurance that Joseph was actually their grandson.
According to Temitope, Mrs Ojosipe must have decided to have their grandson in their custody when she visited Temitope’s mother afterwards.
One morning, she went to the market, bought some food stuffs which she took to Temitope’s mother. Mrs Ojosipe told the unsuspecting woman (Temitope’s mum) that she wanted her grandson to spend some time with her, with a promise to take care of him.
Temitope woke up one Saturday morning, full of expectation that she would be reunited with the father of her son. With the invitation she had received, she packed clothes that would last a few days for herself and her son.
They were actually well received and she eagerly waited for Wande’s arrival that weekend.
Then his call came and Wande’s mom talked with him on phone. When it seemed the call would soon end, Temitope moved nearer just to indicate her interest in speaking to him.
This must have infuriated Wande’s mother, who got up, moved to her room, dragged Joseph with her, and was said, “speak to your son,” as she entered the room with the child.
Then, she slammed the door behind her and shut Temitope out.
Temitope said Mrs Ojosipe told her: “My son cannot marry a low class woman.”
Unknown to Temitope, there were more surprises in store for her.
Since 2010, Joseph has been in the custody of Wande Coal’s mum and Wande Coal had publicly admitted the paternity of the child. He was said to have released Joseph’s picture when the boy marked his birthday on June 20, 2015.
Now, Temitope said she had spent the last eight years waking up in tears and pain in her heart.
“Please just let me see my son,” she begged during this interview. “He’s the only one I’ve got.”
NewsmakersNG however claimed they have not been able to reach out to Wande Coal for him to speak on the issue as he has rendered himself incommunicado
Latest Nigeria News
- Abducted Dapchi Girl, Leah Sharibu’s Mother, Others Sue FG, Claim N500m Damages
- Nigerians Cry Out For Help As Ghana Closes 400 Of Their Businesses
- Nigeria Might Slide Back To Recession – CBN
- Famous Actor, Will Smith Bungee Jumps Out Of Helicopter To Celebrate His 50th Birthday (Video)
- Minimum wage: NLC tells workers to begin strike Thursday
- FIFA Best Player award: Messi votes for Ronaldo
- Applicant dies during FRSC recruitment in Kogi
- Pastor Adeboye’s Son Reacts To Reports That He Called Osun Voters Fools
- FRSC Recruitment: Applicants To Be Disqualified If They Have The Following Deformity
- PDP Leadership Divided Over Venue For Presidential Primaries
- Pogba can never be Man United captain again —Mourinho
- Osun rerun: Fayemi visits Omisore
- #OsunDecides2018: PDP Claims Discovery Of Votes Deduction By INEC
- Why I Want My Son-in-law To Be Next Kano Governor – Kwankwaso
- Billionaire Businessman, Femi Otedola Spotted With FIFA President In London (Photo)
- Osun Election: INEC Speaks On Staff Caught ‘Altering’ Results, Admits Error In Vote Collation
- Super Eagles Legend, Kanu Nwankwo And Wife Meet With Didier Drogba In London (Photos)
- FG Finally Reveals Why Nigeria Air Was Suspended
- 3 Lagos Hospitals Could Not Save Her – Ras Kimono’s Stepson Reveals How His Mother Died
- Fears Over ‘Killer’ Palm Oil In Nigeria
- FIFA to reintroduce agent licences
- BREAKING: UN chief warns of ‘chaotic’ world order as General Assembly opens
- Jubilation As Notorious Kidnapper Is Captured By Police In Imo State
- Death Toll Hits 108, As Flood Displaces 441,251 People
- Luka Modric Wins FIFA #TheBest Footballer Of The Year Award (See Best 11)
- Davido Buys The Latest Iphone XS for His Crew (Photos)
- Labour Set For Nationwide Strike Over Delayed Minimum Wage
- Hundreds Storm Osun INEC Office In Serious Protest Against Rerun
- Pretty Lady Celebrates Grandmother’s 95th Birthday With A Fun-themed Photoshoot
- Drake Writes To Fans After Collapsing On Stage
- Buhari Approves N42.68 Billion For ASUU & Former Workers Of Defunct Nigeria Airways
- South-east Governors Asked Muhammadu Buhari To Proscribe IPOB – Group
- I Used To Be Reckless With Women – Teddy-A Speaks On Bambam, Fame, Movies & Controversies
- Football Star, Sheyi Ojo Ready To Ditch England For Nigeria
- ????Popular Philanthropist, Kokun Reveals He Is Very Depressed And Is Thinking Of Suicide
- APC Primary: Lagos Assembly Speaker Begs Lagosians To Pray For Governor Ambode
- Why Chelsea Drew Against West Ham – David Luiz Speaks On Ending Perfect Start
- Tiwa Savage Kneels Down To Greet Sir Shina Peters (Photos)
- Osun Re-run: What PDP Should Do – Lawyer
- BREAKING: Italy Govt. Adopts New Anti-migrant Decree