A UK man has confessed on a Facebook group to fathering 22 children after illegally advertising his sperm on the social media platform. According to him, he donates his sperm to women for free, without any charges involved.
He invites woman who are desperate for a baby to meet him at a roadside by his home near Glasgow where he hands over his ‘donation’ in a container for free.
The donor, using the pseudonym Anthony Fletcher, claims to have donated to more than 50 women who have travelled from across the UK in a bid to have a baby.
He describes himself as a 39-year-old university graduate of average height with blue eyes and brown hair.
But health experts have warned that his activities are ‘incredibly dangerous’.
Initially, Mr Fletcher noconsidered donating legally through a clinic however the right of any child produced to know their natural father’s identity when they turn 18, put him off.
Instead, he decided to advertise his sperm on Facebook.
However it is illegal in the UK to distribute or procure sperm and eggs without a licence from the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority (HFEA).
Mr Fletcher posted on Facebook:
‘I’m an active and experienced sperm donorbased a few miles from Glasgow.
‘I’m still available to help more women get pregnant. I’m happy to donate to single women, same-sex couples, and women in heterosexual relationships.
‘Be sure to let me know your rough location, your age, your relationship status, and the donation method you’re looking for. I do NOT charge for donations.’
Dr Hana Visnova, a specialist in reproductive health and medical director at IVF Cube in Czech Republic, has warned of the dangers of donating sperm on the black market.
‘These tales of black market sperm donation are becoming more common.
‘People who are desperate for children but who are having difficulties and aren’t eligible for NHS care can become desperate.
‘But finding a donor online, knowing nothing about them and having no knowledge of their health or background, is incredibly dangerous. You’re not only putting yourself at risk, but also your potential offspring.
‘Clinics in the UK and abroad are tightly regulated to ensure the highest standards are met.
‘We are getting an increasing number of patients from the UK frustrated with NHS options and who cannot afford private treatment at home.’
Latest Nigeria News
- Wizkid Cautions Bodyguard After He Hit His Fans At His Show (Video)
- Why My Marriage To Olu Jacobs Has Lasted – Joke Silva
- Georgia’s first female president sworn in
- Theresa May clashes with Blair over Brexit
- Struggling Southampton ends Arsenal’s unbeaten run
- One Killed As Container Falls On Two Cars In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos)
- IBB Salutes Buhari At 76th Birthday
- I Can Afford Whatever I Want, I Don’t Live A Fake Life – Nollywood Actress, Angela Okorie
- My Family Never Wanted Me To Marry OJB – 3rd Wife, Korede Finally Opens Up
- Drama As Robber Is Given A Bottle Of Beer To Drink After Being Caught In Bayelsa (Photos)
- APC Begs Buhari NOT To Participate In Presidential Debate
- I’m afraid of fetish people –Asa
- Biafra: IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu Suspends Live Broadcast
- INEC raises the alarm over PVC’s cloning in Imo
- Metele attack: Presidency, Atiku clash over Buhari’s absence at soldiers’ burial
- Anambra FRSC sector commander dies in crash
- Atiku pledges to revisit Jonathan’s confab report
- #2019Debate: Orji Kalu Reacts To Osinbajo’s Performance
- Charlyboy weds wife in church after 40 years
- Eleven die after eating ‘toxic’ rice
- REVEALED: How Buhari Got N260,000 Bank Loan To Build First House As Head Of State
- How Nigerian Doctors Almost Cut Off My Leg – Nollywood Actress, KC Ejelonu
- Full List Of House Of Reps Members Not Returning To National Assembly In 2019
- Vigilante Member, ‘Scorpion’ Who Died During IPOB Rally In Abia, Buried (Photos)
- Evil Woman Murders Neighbour’s 2-year-old Son, Dumps Corpse In Toilet To Punish Dad (Photos)
- ‘Small Waist’ Actress, Princess Shyngle Opens Up On Alleged Suicide Attempt
- How My Husband Killed Our Four Children And Himself – Grieving Woman Breaks Silence
- FACT CHECK: Verifying Osinbajo, Peter Obi’s Claims At Vice Presidential Debate
- Salah Clinches BBC African Footballer Of The Year 2018
- Fani-Kayode hails Peter Obi for knocking out Osinbajo, others
- Saraki Reacts To Peter Obi’s Performance At VP Debate. Ogundamisi Laughs
- Osinbajo, Obi, others differ over economy, subsidy regime
- CAF awards: Musa shunned, Iwobi makes final shortlist
- 2019 elections: US says violence looms in Nigeria
- Popular Nollywood actor, Ifeanyi Gbulie dead
- Paul Okoye Of Psquare Announces Change Of Name
- #2019Debate: Nigeria lost four million jobs in six months – Peter Obi
- BREAKING: Sowore’s supporters storm debate venue, protest exclusion
- #2019Debate: Osinbajo blames PDP for poor economy
- BREAKING: Military suspends UNICEF activities in North-East