A UK man has confessed on a Facebook group to fathering 22 children after illegally advertising his sperm on the social media platform. According to him, he donates his sperm to women for free, without any charges involved.
He invites woman who are desperate for a baby to meet him at a roadside by his home near Glasgow where he hands over his ‘donation’ in a container for free.
The donor, using the pseudonym Anthony Fletcher, claims to have donated to more than 50 women who have travelled from across the UK in a bid to have a baby.
He describes himself as a 39-year-old university graduate of average height with blue eyes and brown hair.
But health experts have warned that his activities are ‘incredibly dangerous’.
Initially, Mr Fletcher noconsidered donating legally through a clinic however the right of any child produced to know their natural father’s identity when they turn 18, put him off.
Instead, he decided to advertise his sperm on Facebook.
However it is illegal in the UK to distribute or procure sperm and eggs without a licence from the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority (HFEA).
Mr Fletcher posted on Facebook:
‘I’m an active and experienced sperm donorbased a few miles from Glasgow.
‘I’m still available to help more women get pregnant. I’m happy to donate to single women, same-sex couples, and women in heterosexual relationships.
‘Be sure to let me know your rough location, your age, your relationship status, and the donation method you’re looking for. I do NOT charge for donations.’
Dr Hana Visnova, a specialist in reproductive health and medical director at IVF Cube in Czech Republic, has warned of the dangers of donating sperm on the black market.
‘These tales of black market sperm donation are becoming more common.
‘People who are desperate for children but who are having difficulties and aren’t eligible for NHS care can become desperate.
‘But finding a donor online, knowing nothing about them and having no knowledge of their health or background, is incredibly dangerous. You’re not only putting yourself at risk, but also your potential offspring.
‘Clinics in the UK and abroad are tightly regulated to ensure the highest standards are met.
‘We are getting an increasing number of patients from the UK frustrated with NHS options and who cannot afford private treatment at home.’
Latest Nigeria News
- Abducted Dapchi Girl, Leah Sharibu’s Mother, Others Sue FG, Claim N500m Damages
- Nigerians Cry Out For Help As Ghana Closes 400 Of Their Businesses
- Nigeria Might Slide Back To Recession – CBN
- Famous Actor, Will Smith Bungee Jumps Out Of Helicopter To Celebrate His 50th Birthday (Video)
- Minimum wage: NLC tells workers to begin strike Thursday
- FIFA Best Player award: Messi votes for Ronaldo
- Applicant dies during FRSC recruitment in Kogi
- Pastor Adeboye’s Son Reacts To Reports That He Called Osun Voters Fools
- FRSC Recruitment: Applicants To Be Disqualified If They Have The Following Deformity
- PDP Leadership Divided Over Venue For Presidential Primaries
- Pogba can never be Man United captain again —Mourinho
- Osun rerun: Fayemi visits Omisore
- #OsunDecides2018: PDP Claims Discovery Of Votes Deduction By INEC
- Why I Want My Son-in-law To Be Next Kano Governor – Kwankwaso
- Billionaire Businessman, Femi Otedola Spotted With FIFA President In London (Photo)
- Osun Election: INEC Speaks On Staff Caught ‘Altering’ Results, Admits Error In Vote Collation
- Super Eagles Legend, Kanu Nwankwo And Wife Meet With Didier Drogba In London (Photos)
- FG Finally Reveals Why Nigeria Air Was Suspended
- 3 Lagos Hospitals Could Not Save Her – Ras Kimono’s Stepson Reveals How His Mother Died
- Fears Over ‘Killer’ Palm Oil In Nigeria
- FIFA to reintroduce agent licences
- BREAKING: UN chief warns of ‘chaotic’ world order as General Assembly opens
- Jubilation As Notorious Kidnapper Is Captured By Police In Imo State
- Death Toll Hits 108, As Flood Displaces 441,251 People
- Luka Modric Wins FIFA #TheBest Footballer Of The Year Award (See Best 11)
- Davido Buys The Latest Iphone XS for His Crew (Photos)
- Labour Set For Nationwide Strike Over Delayed Minimum Wage
- Hundreds Storm Osun INEC Office In Serious Protest Against Rerun
- Pretty Lady Celebrates Grandmother’s 95th Birthday With A Fun-themed Photoshoot
- Drake Writes To Fans After Collapsing On Stage
- Buhari Approves N42.68 Billion For ASUU & Former Workers Of Defunct Nigeria Airways
- South-east Governors Asked Muhammadu Buhari To Proscribe IPOB – Group
- I Used To Be Reckless With Women – Teddy-A Speaks On Bambam, Fame, Movies & Controversies
- Football Star, Sheyi Ojo Ready To Ditch England For Nigeria
- ????Popular Philanthropist, Kokun Reveals He Is Very Depressed And Is Thinking Of Suicide
- APC Primary: Lagos Assembly Speaker Begs Lagosians To Pray For Governor Ambode
- Why Chelsea Drew Against West Ham – David Luiz Speaks On Ending Perfect Start
- Tiwa Savage Kneels Down To Greet Sir Shina Peters (Photos)
- Osun Re-run: What PDP Should Do – Lawyer
- BREAKING: Italy Govt. Adopts New Anti-migrant Decree