President Muhammadu Buhari will be having a meeting with the controversial American leader, President Trump as they plan to treat biting issues.U.S. President Donald Trump
U.S. President Donald Trump will host President Muhammadu Buhari on April 30, the White House announced on Sunday evening.
The White House in a statement said Buhari would meet Trump at Washington to discuss issues including “fighting terrorism” and economic growth.
“President Trump looks forward to discussing ways to enhance our strategic partnership and advance our shared priorities:
“Promoting economic growth and reforms, fighting terrorism and other threats to peace and security, and building on Nigeria’s role as a democratic leader in the region.
“The relationship of the United States with Nigeria is deep and strong, and Nigeria’s economic growth, security, and leadership in Africa will advance our mutual prosperity,” the statement read in part.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Buhari was the first African leader Trump called on the phone following his inauguration as the U.S. president.
Diplomatic experts said Buhari, being the first African leader called by Trump, only reaffirmed Nigeria’s strategic position in Africa.
NAN also recalls that former U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson also visited Nigeria in February in a first five-country African tour embarked upon by an official of the administration.
Latest Nigeria News
- Abducted Dapchi Girl, Leah Sharibu’s Mother, Others Sue FG, Claim N500m Damages
- Nigerians Cry Out For Help As Ghana Closes 400 Of Their Businesses
- Nigeria Might Slide Back To Recession – CBN
- Famous Actor, Will Smith Bungee Jumps Out Of Helicopter To Celebrate His 50th Birthday (Video)
- Minimum wage: NLC tells workers to begin strike Thursday
- FIFA Best Player award: Messi votes for Ronaldo
- Applicant dies during FRSC recruitment in Kogi
- Pastor Adeboye’s Son Reacts To Reports That He Called Osun Voters Fools
- FRSC Recruitment: Applicants To Be Disqualified If They Have The Following Deformity
- PDP Leadership Divided Over Venue For Presidential Primaries
- Pogba can never be Man United captain again —Mourinho
- Osun rerun: Fayemi visits Omisore
- #OsunDecides2018: PDP Claims Discovery Of Votes Deduction By INEC
- Why I Want My Son-in-law To Be Next Kano Governor – Kwankwaso
- Billionaire Businessman, Femi Otedola Spotted With FIFA President In London (Photo)
- Osun Election: INEC Speaks On Staff Caught ‘Altering’ Results, Admits Error In Vote Collation
- Super Eagles Legend, Kanu Nwankwo And Wife Meet With Didier Drogba In London (Photos)
- FG Finally Reveals Why Nigeria Air Was Suspended
- 3 Lagos Hospitals Could Not Save Her – Ras Kimono’s Stepson Reveals How His Mother Died
- Fears Over ‘Killer’ Palm Oil In Nigeria
- FIFA to reintroduce agent licences
- BREAKING: UN chief warns of ‘chaotic’ world order as General Assembly opens
- Jubilation As Notorious Kidnapper Is Captured By Police In Imo State
- Death Toll Hits 108, As Flood Displaces 441,251 People
- Luka Modric Wins FIFA #TheBest Footballer Of The Year Award (See Best 11)
- Davido Buys The Latest Iphone XS for His Crew (Photos)
- Labour Set For Nationwide Strike Over Delayed Minimum Wage
- Hundreds Storm Osun INEC Office In Serious Protest Against Rerun
- Pretty Lady Celebrates Grandmother’s 95th Birthday With A Fun-themed Photoshoot
- Drake Writes To Fans After Collapsing On Stage
- Buhari Approves N42.68 Billion For ASUU & Former Workers Of Defunct Nigeria Airways
- South-east Governors Asked Muhammadu Buhari To Proscribe IPOB – Group
- I Used To Be Reckless With Women – Teddy-A Speaks On Bambam, Fame, Movies & Controversies
- Football Star, Sheyi Ojo Ready To Ditch England For Nigeria
- ????Popular Philanthropist, Kokun Reveals He Is Very Depressed And Is Thinking Of Suicide
- APC Primary: Lagos Assembly Speaker Begs Lagosians To Pray For Governor Ambode
- Why Chelsea Drew Against West Ham – David Luiz Speaks On Ending Perfect Start
- Tiwa Savage Kneels Down To Greet Sir Shina Peters (Photos)
- Osun Re-run: What PDP Should Do – Lawyer
- BREAKING: Italy Govt. Adopts New Anti-migrant Decree