Self-acclaimed Port Harcourt First Son, Duncan Mighty, has debunked the insinuation that he became wealthy as a result of his involvement in oil bunkering.
While speaking with Saturday Beats about how he made his money, the singer hinted that people had always held the belief that he must have gone into something illegal to be very wealthy but that he had never felt bad about such speculation.
He said, “I have read in several places where people link my wealth to illegal activities like oil bunkering but I don’t feel bad about it. Such things are normal. Making money in life for me is not the ultimate thing.
People would always judge how you make money especially when they know where you are coming from. They know that my family did not have money while I was growing up so they would question my wealth. When God blesses you, he does not look at where you are coming from. It is just a normal thing for people to talk about the way you made your money without talking about how you suffered,” he said.
Mighty said that unknown to many people, he has invested heavily in construction and that is where he makes most of his money and not through music.
“It is good to make money. I am a very hard working man and aside music, I own and run a construction company. In each of my sites, I have at least 43 staff members who work as engineers.
So, apart from music, I do civil engineering works. Despite the fact that I am an artiste, I am also an engineer. I make money from my works, I have done good jobs and people refer me to others that need my services. I lease heavy duty machines as well. I am not bragging but showing you how hard I work. Money does not make a man.”
He seized the opportunity to advise his colleagues to leverage on their fame while they are still in demand because tomorrow might be too late.
Mighty said, “I am using this medium to talk to other artistes, music should not be the only way you make money. No man can reign forever, it is only Jesus that can reign forever. The young must grow and the new must come; you might be the ‘new’ kid on the block today but years down the line, you would become ‘old school’. Y
ou do not have a choice over things like this. You should be able to build your life to an extent without entirely depending on music. Without music, you can still build a skyscraper. It is too bad when an artiste does not have a new song and because of that gets broke. I see no reason why a musician would not invest his money in other sectors.
When you invest early, people would always tell you that you have money. I did not squander my money; I have a good home, I have impacted on so many lives, my vehicles and companies are running fine, so why would people not say that I have too much money? I have too much money because I work too much. As an artiste, you should learn to diversify.
If it means you should sell pure water, please do so, forget about pride. When you make money from a show, put it in your business. Don’t forget that normal businessmen and politicians are not as popular as artistes, so you can leverage on your fame and work.
Don’t use your fame to chase the slay queens on the internet; use your name to invest and make money so that when you are old, people would buy your product.
Latest Nigeria News
- Champions League final: Klopp speaks on Zidane being “tactically clueless”
- “Linda Ikeji Is A Runs Girl For Top Politicians” – Kemi Olunloyo Threatens To Mention Names
- Gospel Singer Frank Edward And His Fleet Of Cars (Photos)
- Zainab Balogun Is Having The Best of Her Time On Honeymoon Vacation In Thailand
- Here’s An Advice From Kiss Daniel For The Weekend
- 2018 World Cup: Rohr warns girls not to visit Super Eagles players
- Falz – This Is Nigeria
- Nigerian Family Publicly Disowns Lesbian Daughter On National Newspaper Over Same S*x Marriage
- President Trump Makes U-Turn On Summit With North Korea
- 5 Things Women Find Very Attractive In Men Besides Just Looks
- Billionaire Kidnapper, Evans Arraigned By Police In Lagos, Asks Court For The ‘Unbelievable’ Thing
- 2018 World Cup: Pogba only cares about his hair colour, France not big team – Denmark coach
- President Buhari receives 2018 budget
- Arsenal Opens Up On Why Unai Emery Was Appointed As Wenger’s Replacement
- NURTW Boss, Mc Oluomo’s Twins Graduate From The University Of Atlanta, Georgia
- Atiku Abubakar’s Wife Reveals How Wives & Children Of The Politician Suffer Private Pain
- Tiwa Savage Shares Some Stunning New Photos Showcasing How She Seduced Wizkid
- WTF! Father Caught On Camera Teaching His Toddler Daughter How To Smoke A Cigarette
- Shock In Abia As Many Students Injured After Suspected Rapists Attack All Girls Secondary School
- SO SAD! SARS Officer, Michael Maji Murdered 10 Days After His Wedding (Photos)
- FB User, Princess Adaeze Emejuru Exposes Movie Director, Tyrone Who Nearly Exploited Her Sexually
- BBNaija: Miracle Breaks His Silence, Reveals What He Has Been Up To (Photos)
- Bobrisky Has Something To Say About Linda Ikeji’s Pregnancy
- ‘Fake pregnancy’: Tonto Dike reacts to Linda Ikeji, Kemi Olunloyo’s clash
- Boko Haram: How Nigerian soldiers, CJTF impregnated us, killed our husbands – Victim narrates ordeal
- Rare Photo Of Rapper Olamide With His Son And Babymama
- BBNaija: Tobi Bakre Is Looking For Cee-c’s Trouble Once Again… Here’s What He Did
- Wizkid to release new Merch on Friday; Now everyone gets to wear Starboy!
- Champions League final: Liverpool CEO questions Suarez, Coutinho’s decision to quit Liverpool
- Lagos printer abducts, rapes 15-yr-old school girl he met on Facebook
- 23-year-old lady falls in love with sugar daddy, 47, says they are engaged
- Trump Pulls Out of North Korea Summit Meeting with Kim Jong-un
- What Saraki said after meeting with Buhari
- Fan Shares Her Encounter With Wizkid And Tiwa Savage In London
- #BBNaija Nina Is The Latest Brand Ambassador For Slim Girl Shape Wear
- I’m Privileged To Sleep In The Same Prison Bed Used By Obasanjo – Jonah Jang
- UN speaks on Buhari’s fight against corruption
- Ivanka Trump slams Serena Williams seeding snub at French Open
- Buhari breaks fast with National Assembly leadership in Aso Rock
- Morgan Freeman apologizes after sexual harassment claims