Self-acclaimed Port Harcourt First Son, Duncan Mighty, has debunked the insinuation that he became wealthy as a result of his involvement in oil bunkering.
While speaking with Saturday Beats about how he made his money, the singer hinted that people had always held the belief that he must have gone into something illegal to be very wealthy but that he had never felt bad about such speculation.
He said, “I have read in several places where people link my wealth to illegal activities like oil bunkering but I don’t feel bad about it. Such things are normal. Making money in life for me is not the ultimate thing.
People would always judge how you make money especially when they know where you are coming from. They know that my family did not have money while I was growing up so they would question my wealth. When God blesses you, he does not look at where you are coming from. It is just a normal thing for people to talk about the way you made your money without talking about how you suffered,” he said.
Mighty said that unknown to many people, he has invested heavily in construction and that is where he makes most of his money and not through music.
“It is good to make money. I am a very hard working man and aside music, I own and run a construction company. In each of my sites, I have at least 43 staff members who work as engineers.
So, apart from music, I do civil engineering works. Despite the fact that I am an artiste, I am also an engineer. I make money from my works, I have done good jobs and people refer me to others that need my services. I lease heavy duty machines as well. I am not bragging but showing you how hard I work. Money does not make a man.”
He seized the opportunity to advise his colleagues to leverage on their fame while they are still in demand because tomorrow might be too late.
Mighty said, “I am using this medium to talk to other artistes, music should not be the only way you make money. No man can reign forever, it is only Jesus that can reign forever. The young must grow and the new must come; you might be the ‘new’ kid on the block today but years down the line, you would become ‘old school’. Y
ou do not have a choice over things like this. You should be able to build your life to an extent without entirely depending on music. Without music, you can still build a skyscraper. It is too bad when an artiste does not have a new song and because of that gets broke. I see no reason why a musician would not invest his money in other sectors.
When you invest early, people would always tell you that you have money. I did not squander my money; I have a good home, I have impacted on so many lives, my vehicles and companies are running fine, so why would people not say that I have too much money? I have too much money because I work too much. As an artiste, you should learn to diversify.
If it means you should sell pure water, please do so, forget about pride. When you make money from a show, put it in your business. Don’t forget that normal businessmen and politicians are not as popular as artistes, so you can leverage on your fame and work.
Don’t use your fame to chase the slay queens on the internet; use your name to invest and make money so that when you are old, people would buy your product.
Latest Nigeria News
- Ex-Super Eagles Goalkeeper, Idah Peterside Welcomes Baby After 10 Years Of Marriage (Photos)
- PDP Reacts To Sad Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele’s N800 Music House
- Oyo Commissioner Speaks On Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele’s Radio Station,
- Atiku And Ben Bruce React To Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele’s N800m Radio House
- Woman stabs husband dead for keeping girlfriends
- CBN don kill us, Senate don fail us! – DG of DMO, Patience Oniha
- Akwa Ibom Sues EFCC, three others for N50bn over Freezing of Account
- Uncertainty over Automatic Ticket Made Saraki, Tambuwal to Leave APC – Tinubu
- Even rats in the kitchen knows Buhari has flopped! – Angry Nigerians blast Buhari after crowd was rented to welcome him
- Baby with brain tumour miraculously recovers after Pope Francis kissed her
- Ndidi signs new six-year deal with Leicester
- Third Mainland Bridge to be temporarily shut for four days — LASG
- Nothing is too little, says retired judge, mobilises funds for rebuilding of Ayefele’s Fresh FM building
- EPL: Aguero hits hat-trick as City triumph
- EPL: Brighton stun Man United
- Beautiful New Photos Of Banky W & Wife, Adesua Etomi
- Yinka Ayefele Laments On Facebook Over Demolition Of N800m Music House
- Why Gov. Ajimobi Demolished Musician Yinka Ayefele’s N800m Radio House In Ibadan
- Tiwa Savage Finally Breaks Silence Over Allegations Of Romantic Relationship With Wizkid
- I Can Dump Acting For Marriage – Actress Nkechi Sunday
- PDP Writes Saraki, Demands Akpabio’s Recall
- BREAKING: Oyo State Gov. demolishes Yinka Ayefele’s Music House
- Why Duncan Mighty prostrated himself for Davido – Manager
- FINALLY! Davido Admits Private Jet Belongs To His Dad After He Was Busted
- I Can’t Get Justice From ICPC; They Think I’m Psychotic – OAU Sex-For-Mark Lady, Monica Osagie
- I Am Not Plotting To Marry Churchill, Ignore The Rumours – Rosy Meurer
- Messi, Coutinho see Barcelona past Alaves
- Osinbajo signs three bills into law
- I have resumed, Buhari writes National Assembly
- INEC suspends Rivers by-election over violence
- President Putin dances at Austrian foreign minister’s wedding (Photo)
- Tight security as Cristiano Ronaldo makes Serie A debut
- Super Eagles Striker Emenike Threatens Reekado Banks… See why
- BREAKING: Buhari returns from London
- Mbappe scores in first match for PSG after World Cup
- Chelsea v Arsenal: Alonso on target to settle five-goal Arsenal thriller
- US Singer Commits Suicide After Prolonged Battle With Mental Illness
- BUSINESS IDEA: Snake Rearing, A Profitable Venture
- Beauty Contestant Dies During Photo Shoot At Beach
- Yinka Ayefele Speaks On Demolition Of His N800 Million Music House