A popular UK-based Nigerian preacher, Apostle Alfred Williams, has disclosed that, contrary to popular belief, the scriptures is not against divorce.
The General Overseer of Christ Faith Tabernacle made this known in an interview with Vanguard published on Sunday.
The preacher, who was speaking about what he had unlearnt in his 30 years as a cleric, said, “One of the things I had to unlearn is dogma. I will tell you issues like things we were raised with, issues like you cannot divorce. When my knowledge increased, I discovered that the scripture didn’t really say that. But in the area of doctrine, there is nothing to unlearn because doctrine is verbatim as written in the scriptures. And also my affiliation in England changed my concept about women, how women should be treated which doesn’t exist in Nigeria.
How wives should be treated in the family, which some of the cultures in Nigeria is assassinating. The culture in Eng-land, the good part of it has retuned my mind. Also, in the way we look at sinners, in those days when we were S.U, we say if you sin you will go to hell. I recognize that when people sin, we shouldn’t send them to hell, we should show them way out and reconcile them.”
In the same vein, Williams described as a “scam” insinuations in various quarters of an orchestrated attempt to Islamise Nigeria.
He urged those using the nation’s membership of Organisation of Islamic Countries (OIC) as basis for such insinuations to come up with stronger arguments.
He said, “That’s another scam. Who says there is a plot to Islamize Nigeria? Let them give us the blueprint on TV and show us the plan so that all of us will know there is a plan. Let me tell you this, Ezekiel 22 is the problem and solution of Nigeria. It talks about the godless prophet and government officials and there’s no one to inter-cede so God said I’ll pour my wrath.
“So, if they want to Islamize Nigeria, are you just knowing that Nigeria is a member of Organization of Islamic Countries OIC? Did Nigeria not have Christ-ian presidents? Obasan-jo was a Christian, why didn’t he take us out of it? Jonathan was a Christian president, why didn’t he take us out of it?
“Why can’t church leaders in this country say that we are not an Islamic country and take Nigeria out of this thing? So, if they cannot, who want to Islamize Nigeria? It’s those Christian lead-ers and all those people who live a life of greed.”
Latest Nigeria News
- Champions League final: Klopp speaks on Zidane being “tactically clueless”
- “Linda Ikeji Is A Runs Girl For Top Politicians” – Kemi Olunloyo Threatens To Mention Names
- Gospel Singer Frank Edward And His Fleet Of Cars (Photos)
- Zainab Balogun Is Having The Best of Her Time On Honeymoon Vacation In Thailand
- Here’s An Advice From Kiss Daniel For The Weekend
- 2018 World Cup: Rohr warns girls not to visit Super Eagles players
- Falz – This Is Nigeria
- Nigerian Family Publicly Disowns Lesbian Daughter On National Newspaper Over Same S*x Marriage
- President Trump Makes U-Turn On Summit With North Korea
- 5 Things Women Find Very Attractive In Men Besides Just Looks
- Billionaire Kidnapper, Evans Arraigned By Police In Lagos, Asks Court For The ‘Unbelievable’ Thing
- 2018 World Cup: Pogba only cares about his hair colour, France not big team – Denmark coach
- President Buhari receives 2018 budget
- Arsenal Opens Up On Why Unai Emery Was Appointed As Wenger’s Replacement
- NURTW Boss, Mc Oluomo’s Twins Graduate From The University Of Atlanta, Georgia
- Atiku Abubakar’s Wife Reveals How Wives & Children Of The Politician Suffer Private Pain
- Tiwa Savage Shares Some Stunning New Photos Showcasing How She Seduced Wizkid
- WTF! Father Caught On Camera Teaching His Toddler Daughter How To Smoke A Cigarette
- Shock In Abia As Many Students Injured After Suspected Rapists Attack All Girls Secondary School
- SO SAD! SARS Officer, Michael Maji Murdered 10 Days After His Wedding (Photos)
- FB User, Princess Adaeze Emejuru Exposes Movie Director, Tyrone Who Nearly Exploited Her Sexually
- BBNaija: Miracle Breaks His Silence, Reveals What He Has Been Up To (Photos)
- Bobrisky Has Something To Say About Linda Ikeji’s Pregnancy
- ‘Fake pregnancy’: Tonto Dike reacts to Linda Ikeji, Kemi Olunloyo’s clash
- Boko Haram: How Nigerian soldiers, CJTF impregnated us, killed our husbands – Victim narrates ordeal
- Rare Photo Of Rapper Olamide With His Son And Babymama
- BBNaija: Tobi Bakre Is Looking For Cee-c’s Trouble Once Again… Here’s What He Did
- Wizkid to release new Merch on Friday; Now everyone gets to wear Starboy!
- Champions League final: Liverpool CEO questions Suarez, Coutinho’s decision to quit Liverpool
- Lagos printer abducts, rapes 15-yr-old school girl he met on Facebook
- 23-year-old lady falls in love with sugar daddy, 47, says they are engaged
- Trump Pulls Out of North Korea Summit Meeting with Kim Jong-un
- What Saraki said after meeting with Buhari
- Fan Shares Her Encounter With Wizkid And Tiwa Savage In London
- #BBNaija Nina Is The Latest Brand Ambassador For Slim Girl Shape Wear
- I’m Privileged To Sleep In The Same Prison Bed Used By Obasanjo – Jonah Jang
- UN speaks on Buhari’s fight against corruption
- Ivanka Trump slams Serena Williams seeding snub at French Open
- Buhari breaks fast with National Assembly leadership in Aso Rock
- Morgan Freeman apologizes after sexual harassment claims