Senate President, Bukola Saraki has said President Muhammadu Buhari will on Friday receive the 2018 budget.
Saraki made this known to State House correspondents after the breaking of (Ramadan) fast with Buhari at the President Villa, Abuja on Thursday.
Saraki explained that the delay in transmission of the budget to the president was informed by the fact that the two chambers of the National Assembly had passed different figures last week.
He, however, confirmed that the two chambers had harmonised the figures and concluded the exercise on Wednesday.
He said: “I think that should have been done, we had to harmonise, its just a slight difference, it has been passed yesterday (Wednesday).
“It was in the rules and proceedings of today. So, I am sure by tomorrow, we will transmit it to the Presidency.’’
Saraki thanked the President for inviting them for the breaking of fast and expressed the hope that the event would further enhance the existing cordial relationship between the executive and legislative arms of government.
The senate increased the 2018 budget from N8.612 trillion as proposed by Buhari to N9.12 trillion.
The senate also increased the crude oil benchmark price pegged for the budget from 45 dollars per barrel to 50.5 dollars per barrel.
Latest Nigeria News
- Third Mainland Bridge to be temporarily shut for four days — LASG
- Nothing is too little, says retired judge, mobilises funds for rebuilding of Ayefele’s Fresh FM building
- EPL: Aguero hits hat-trick as City triumph
- EPL: Brighton stun Man United
- Beautiful New Photos Of Banky W & Wife, Adesua Etomi
- Yinka Ayefele Laments On Facebook Over Demolition Of N800m Music House
- Why Gov. Ajimobi Demolished Musician Yinka Ayefele’s N800m Radio House In Ibadan
- Tiwa Savage Finally Breaks Silence Over Allegations Of Romantic Relationship With Wizkid
- I Can Dump Acting For Marriage – Actress Nkechi Sunday
- PDP Writes Saraki, Demands Akpabio’s Recall
- BREAKING: Oyo State Gov. demolishes Yinka Ayefele’s Music House
- Why Duncan Mighty prostrated himself for Davido – Manager
- FINALLY! Davido Admits Private Jet Belongs To His Dad After He Was Busted
- I Can’t Get Justice From ICPC; They Think I’m Psychotic – OAU Sex-For-Mark Lady, Monica Osagie
- I Am Not Plotting To Marry Churchill, Ignore The Rumours – Rosy Meurer
- Messi, Coutinho see Barcelona past Alaves
- Osinbajo signs three bills into law
- I have resumed, Buhari writes National Assembly
- INEC suspends Rivers by-election over violence
- President Putin dances at Austrian foreign minister’s wedding (Photo)
- Tight security as Cristiano Ronaldo makes Serie A debut
- Super Eagles Striker Emenike Threatens Reekado Banks… See why
- BREAKING: Buhari returns from London
- Mbappe scores in first match for PSG after World Cup
- Chelsea v Arsenal: Alonso on target to settle five-goal Arsenal thriller
- US Singer Commits Suicide After Prolonged Battle With Mental Illness
- BUSINESS IDEA: Snake Rearing, A Profitable Venture
- Beauty Contestant Dies During Photo Shoot At Beach
- Yinka Ayefele Speaks On Demolition Of His N800 Million Music House
- We’ll humiliate Saraki out of office – Omo-Agege
- Boko Haram and Fulani Herdsmen Have Killed 26,000 in North-east – UN
- Davido Gives Chioma Lift On His Private Jet (Photos)
- I’m An Experienced Job Creator – Atiku Abubakar
- Nigerian Twitter users getting set to sue Linda Ikeji
- Former President Obasanjo Joins ‘na Dem Dey Rush Us’ Trend, See How He Just Tweeted About Saraki
- Vera Sidika’s narrates how her ex, Otile Brown used her then broke up with her
- ???? Pastor Reveals What Will Happen To People Using Snapchat Filters
- Buhari’s Government Full Of Lies – Atiku Abubakar
- Manchester City’s De Bruyne To Miss Three Months With Knee Injury (Photo)
- ASUU protest alleged neglect of LAUTECH