KYLIAN MBAPPE will donate his entire earnings of £384,000 from playing in the World Cup to charity.
The wonderkid was pivotal as he helped France to glory against Croatia in the final – even scoring a goal in the 4-2 victory.
Kylian Mbappe will donate the money he received from playing in the World Cup to charity
It has now been revealed that the 19-year-old will hand over money earned from featuring out in Russia to a sports charity that work with disabled and hospitalised children, Premiers de Cordee.
According to Sports Illustrated , the teen sensation was paid £17,000 per game, and pocketed £265,000 for being part of the team who won the tournament.
The news of his charitable donation has been reported by French national newspaper L’Equipe .
Mbappe, who joined PSG for a fee of around £166m from Monaco after a season-long loan, was one of the French success stories from this World Cup.
Its not so much that a star was born in the World Cup – as Mbappe was already heralded, but he is clearly destined for great things
The teenage striker, who completed a £166m move to PSG this summer, is one of the most promising players in world football
He ended up with four goals from the tournament, and was named as best young player.
Speaking to Le Parisien, Mbappe’s generosity came as no surprise to Premier de Cordee charity general manager Sebastian Ruffin.
He said: “Kylian, he’s a great person.
“When his schedule allows it, he intervenes for us with pleasure.
France star Kylian Mbappe shows off W Cup trophy in the dressing room
“He has a very good [relationship] with children, he alway finds the right [words] to encourage them.
“I sometimes even feel that [he] takes more pleasure to play with the kids than the kids themselves.”
Mbappe became the first teenager to score in a World Cu final since Pele in 1958.
The French, 19, starlet continued his superb tournament i Russia as his side beat Croatia to lift football’s greatest trophy.
Mbappe is only the third teen to even play in the World Cup showpiece – after Pele and Italian legend Guiseppe Bergomi in 1982.
And his three goals on route to Moscow played a huge rol in the French making the final.
Brazil icon Pele was just 17 when he scored twice in a 5-2 win over Sweden in 1958 – the start of an incredible international career.
After watching Mbappe’s acheivement, he tweeted: “Only the second teenager to have scored a goal in a # WorldCupFinal ! Welcome to the club, @ KMbappe – it’s great to have some company!”
Latest Nigeria News
- Luke Shaw signs new five-year deal with Manchester United
- Labour And Kogi Elders Vow To Resist Proposed Sale Of Ajaokuta Steel Company
- The Causes Of Bed-wetting Among Adults – Nigerian Doctor Speaks Out
- This Is Lagos, A City Swimming In Filth (See Photos)
- We are taking steps to secure Fayose’s release – Ozekhome
- Veteran Yoruba actor, Ajimajasan, is dead
- Great Shock As Top Nollywood Actor Passes Away (Photo)
- Atiku Speaks On Online Grant Scheme That Allegedly Disburses Money To Nigerians
- So painful:Ogun Corper Dies Of Kidney Ailment Just A Day Before Passing Out Parade
- 3 NFF Staff In Serious Trouble Over $9.5m FIFA Grant
- Angry Muslim Youths Protest Governor Fayemi’s Appointments Ekiti
- Barcelona Midfielder, Vidal Fined 800,000 Euros For Doing This At A Nightclub
- Men Suspected To Have Murdered Army General Handed Over To Police (Photo)
- Big Brother Star, Beverly Osun Shares Fresh Raunchy Photos Online
- So Sad! Corpses Recovered After Bus Plunged Into A River In Ahaoda (Photos)
- Honeymoon: Bride Who Looked Sad On Wedding Day, Happily Kisses Hubb
- Gospel Artiste, Tim Godfrey Under Fire For Changing His Hair Colour (Photo)
- EFCC Discovers Several Properties Belonging To Fayose Allegedly Bought With Missing N1.3billion (Photos)
- Operator Of Popular Ponzi Scheme Caught Trying To Flee The Country Over N1billion Fraud
- PDP Vice Presidential Candidate, Peter Obi Speaks On His Houses In London
- Popular APC Chieftain Assassinated In Ekiti (Photo)
- Trump plans US exit from international postal treaty
- Tiger Woods blames fatigue for Ryder Cup flop
- Liverpool’s Mane has surgery on hand injury
- NAFDAC Bans The Importation, Sale And Distribution Of Malco Vitamin B Complex Injection
- BBNaija’s Ifu Ennada Wins Lagos Beauty Summit Award
- Now is the time for Brexit deal – Theresa May tells EU
- Minimum wage: Organised labour holds crucial meeting
- West Ham suspend coach
- Mayweather to fight mixed martial arts star Khabib
- I hope you rot in hell – mother tells her late son accidentally killed by hunter
- Lady Shares Her Robbery Experience In Lagos Traffic (Photos)
- 100-Year-Old Woman In A Wheelchair Gets Married To 74-Year-Old Man (Photos)
- Henceforth, No Work, No Pay Principle To Apply During Strike – FG Announces
- Legal Tussle: Innoson’s Lawyer Attacked By Assassins, Shot 3 Times (Photos)
- Don’t embarrass me over sitting arrangement – Akpabio tells Saraki
- Policemen Save Uber Driver From Losing His Car To Armed Robbers In Lekki
- Resign Honourably Or Be Forced Out Of Office – Akpabio Threatens Saraki
- Human Skulls, Bones, Skulls & More: Police Parade Suspected Ritualists In Kwara (Photo)
- Tragic! Woman Killed On The Spot After Being Hit By Tipper (Graphic Photo)