The Peoples Democratic Party has cautioned President Muhammadu Buhari and the All Progressives Congress not to mistake the alleged rigging in the Saturday ’ s governorship election in Ekiti State as acceptance by Nigerians .
The party declared as shameful for Buhari , who it said claimed to be an anti -corruption champion , to glee over what it described as acts of electoral corruption that it warned was capable of truncating the nation’ s democratic process .
The PDP said it found as strange that Buhari could not condemn the alleged emasculation and subversion of the will of Ekiti people and the alleged stealing of another party’ s victory by what it called brute force .
A statement signed by the National Publicity Secretary of the party, Mr . Kola Ologbondiyan , in Abuja on Monday , also said that the PDP noted the alleged unsavoury statements by the Presidency , celebrating the alleged subjugation of Ekiti people as a stamp for President Buhari , wherein it further boasted of a triumph for the President in the 2019 general elections.
He said , “ If for President Buhari and the APC , the subjugation of the people , as witnessed in Ekiti , amounted to an election , then the nation is headed to a serious crisis , as such will be resisted with all legitimate force available within our laws in the defence of our nation’ s democracy .
“ The APC and the Independent National Electoral Commission must note that what happened in Ekiti , as a single state , cannot be pulled through in a general election , especially where the people have made up their minds to seek a new president .
“ Nigeria is too big and too complex to be subjugated by a single individual or group of individuals , as any attempt to do so will definitely consume the conspirators .
“ Moreover , while we are still pursuing the recovery of our stolen mandate in Ekiti , we state in very strong terms that this will be the last time the PDP will , under any circumstance whatsoever , allow itself to be manipulated out at the polls at any level . ”
He urged members and supporters of the PDP to continue to remain calm over the alleged daylight robbery that he said happened in Ekiti State, despite the alleged provocations by the APC and the Presidency .
He said that leaders of the party were already making efforts to ensure to redress the injustice that he said was meted to the party in Ekiti State .
Latest Nigeria News
- Ex-Super Eagles Goalkeeper, Idah Peterside Welcomes Baby After 10 Years Of Marriage (Photos)
- PDP Reacts To Sad Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele’s N800 Music House
- Oyo Commissioner Speaks On Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele’s Radio Station,
- Atiku And Ben Bruce React To Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele’s N800m Radio House
- Woman stabs husband dead for keeping girlfriends
- CBN don kill us, Senate don fail us! – DG of DMO, Patience Oniha
- Akwa Ibom Sues EFCC, three others for N50bn over Freezing of Account
- Uncertainty over Automatic Ticket Made Saraki, Tambuwal to Leave APC – Tinubu
- Even rats in the kitchen knows Buhari has flopped! – Angry Nigerians blast Buhari after crowd was rented to welcome him
- Baby with brain tumour miraculously recovers after Pope Francis kissed her
- Ndidi signs new six-year deal with Leicester
- Third Mainland Bridge to be temporarily shut for four days — LASG
- Nothing is too little, says retired judge, mobilises funds for rebuilding of Ayefele’s Fresh FM building
- EPL: Aguero hits hat-trick as City triumph
- EPL: Brighton stun Man United
- Beautiful New Photos Of Banky W & Wife, Adesua Etomi
- Yinka Ayefele Laments On Facebook Over Demolition Of N800m Music House
- Why Gov. Ajimobi Demolished Musician Yinka Ayefele’s N800m Radio House In Ibadan
- Tiwa Savage Finally Breaks Silence Over Allegations Of Romantic Relationship With Wizkid
- I Can Dump Acting For Marriage – Actress Nkechi Sunday
- PDP Writes Saraki, Demands Akpabio’s Recall
- BREAKING: Oyo State Gov. demolishes Yinka Ayefele’s Music House
- Why Duncan Mighty prostrated himself for Davido – Manager
- FINALLY! Davido Admits Private Jet Belongs To His Dad After He Was Busted
- I Can’t Get Justice From ICPC; They Think I’m Psychotic – OAU Sex-For-Mark Lady, Monica Osagie
- I Am Not Plotting To Marry Churchill, Ignore The Rumours – Rosy Meurer
- Messi, Coutinho see Barcelona past Alaves
- Osinbajo signs three bills into law
- I have resumed, Buhari writes National Assembly
- INEC suspends Rivers by-election over violence
- President Putin dances at Austrian foreign minister’s wedding (Photo)
- Tight security as Cristiano Ronaldo makes Serie A debut
- Super Eagles Striker Emenike Threatens Reekado Banks… See why
- BREAKING: Buhari returns from London
- Mbappe scores in first match for PSG after World Cup
- Chelsea v Arsenal: Alonso on target to settle five-goal Arsenal thriller
- US Singer Commits Suicide After Prolonged Battle With Mental Illness
- BUSINESS IDEA: Snake Rearing, A Profitable Venture
- Beauty Contestant Dies During Photo Shoot At Beach
- Yinka Ayefele Speaks On Demolition Of His N800 Million Music House