The Peoples Democratic Party has cautioned President Muhammadu Buhari and the All Progressives Congress not to mistake the alleged rigging in the Saturday ’ s governorship election in Ekiti State as acceptance by Nigerians .
The party declared as shameful for Buhari , who it said claimed to be an anti -corruption champion , to glee over what it described as acts of electoral corruption that it warned was capable of truncating the nation’ s democratic process .
The PDP said it found as strange that Buhari could not condemn the alleged emasculation and subversion of the will of Ekiti people and the alleged stealing of another party’ s victory by what it called brute force .
A statement signed by the National Publicity Secretary of the party, Mr . Kola Ologbondiyan , in Abuja on Monday , also said that the PDP noted the alleged unsavoury statements by the Presidency , celebrating the alleged subjugation of Ekiti people as a stamp for President Buhari , wherein it further boasted of a triumph for the President in the 2019 general elections.
He said , “ If for President Buhari and the APC , the subjugation of the people , as witnessed in Ekiti , amounted to an election , then the nation is headed to a serious crisis , as such will be resisted with all legitimate force available within our laws in the defence of our nation’ s democracy .
“ The APC and the Independent National Electoral Commission must note that what happened in Ekiti , as a single state , cannot be pulled through in a general election , especially where the people have made up their minds to seek a new president .
“ Nigeria is too big and too complex to be subjugated by a single individual or group of individuals , as any attempt to do so will definitely consume the conspirators .
“ Moreover , while we are still pursuing the recovery of our stolen mandate in Ekiti , we state in very strong terms that this will be the last time the PDP will , under any circumstance whatsoever , allow itself to be manipulated out at the polls at any level . ”
He urged members and supporters of the PDP to continue to remain calm over the alleged daylight robbery that he said happened in Ekiti State, despite the alleged provocations by the APC and the Presidency .
He said that leaders of the party were already making efforts to ensure to redress the injustice that he said was meted to the party in Ekiti State .
Latest Nigeria News
- Mom and daughter reunited after 2-year separation
- FG panel probes David Mark’s offshore assets
- Nigeria’s first gold refinery to be completed June 2019
- I’m glad Senate didn’t confirm me – EFCC boss, Magu
- Afenifere, Ohanaeze back 71 Reps’ bill seeking parliamentary govt
- Kanye West Demands Apology from Drake for ‘Sneak Diss’ and Gets This
- Okorocha presents budget of N276bn for 2019
- BREAKING: SDP scribe, Gabam, becomes Duke’s presidential running mate
- Sowore to sue Channels TV boss for excluding him from debate
- Checkout The Awesome Official Wedding Photos Of Nollywood Actor, Frankincense And His Wife
- Female NYSC Corps Member Reportedly Dies Of Typhoid
- Graphic Photos Of Swiss Park Hotel Manager Shot Dead By Gunmen In Anambra
- I Stabbed Her All Over Untill She Died – Man Confesses As Court Sentences Him To Death In Plateau
- Nigerian Football Legend, Kanu Nwankwo Spotted With Brazilian Legend, Ronaldinho (Photos)
- Maradona’s new girlfriend kicks him out of home he bought for her
- 2018 Soundcity MVP awards: Davido, Tiwa Savage, Yemi Alade, others top nomination list
- Mourinho orders Man United players to train on Christmas Day
- BREAKING: APC postpones governorship campaign in Kwara, cites insecurity
- We didn’t endorse Buhari for second term – CAN
- APC, PDP Reps clash over unsigned electoral bill
- Champions League: Mourinho says ‘nothing’ surprised him about Valencia defeat
- Shame To Stingy People – Father Mbaka Attacks Peter Obi Again Despite Apology
- JUST IN: He Is Back From ISRAEL! The Crowd Is Massive
- Sex in car is criminal, Lagos Police counters Abayomi Shogunle
- UK parliament upholds vote of confidence in Theresa May
- UCL: Scoreline flatters Man Utd in Valencia defeat
- Heartbreaking: Serving NYSC Member Dies While Traveling To His PPA In Kano (Photos)
- FG Forcing PDP Governors To A Secret Deal – Uche Secondus Raises Alarm
- How I Wanted Breast Implants, Plastic Surgery – Nwankwo Kanu’s Wife Opens Up
- JUST IN: Theresa May tells party she plans to quit before 2022 election
- Agbaje is my ‘egbon’, I expect decency from him – Sanwo-Olu
- BREAKING: Atiku, Ezekwesili sign peace pact today
- Kim Jong Un’s step-grandmother dies
- Facebook Headquarters At Silicon Valley Evacuated Following Bomb Threat
- Famous Footballer’s Wife Breaks Down In Tears As Husband’s Team Is Eliminated From Champions League
- BREAKING : Theresa May Faces Vote Of No Confidence, May Lose Position as UK Prime Minister
- JUST IN: ASUU Strike may end on Monday (Details Inside)
- Poly lecturers (ASUP) begin nationwide strike today
- True Story Of Shamed Couple Caught Making Love In The Car Revealed (Photos)
- ASSASSINATION ATTEMPT: “Impact Of Bullets On Mbaka’s Car Is There For All To See That It Is Real”