The Peoples Democratic Party has cautioned President Muhammadu Buhari and the All Progressives Congress not to mistake the alleged rigging in the Saturday ’ s governorship election in Ekiti State as acceptance by Nigerians .
The party declared as shameful for Buhari , who it said claimed to be an anti -corruption champion , to glee over what it described as acts of electoral corruption that it warned was capable of truncating the nation’ s democratic process .
The PDP said it found as strange that Buhari could not condemn the alleged emasculation and subversion of the will of Ekiti people and the alleged stealing of another party’ s victory by what it called brute force .
A statement signed by the National Publicity Secretary of the party, Mr . Kola Ologbondiyan , in Abuja on Monday , also said that the PDP noted the alleged unsavoury statements by the Presidency , celebrating the alleged subjugation of Ekiti people as a stamp for President Buhari , wherein it further boasted of a triumph for the President in the 2019 general elections.
He said , “ If for President Buhari and the APC , the subjugation of the people , as witnessed in Ekiti , amounted to an election , then the nation is headed to a serious crisis , as such will be resisted with all legitimate force available within our laws in the defence of our nation’ s democracy .
“ The APC and the Independent National Electoral Commission must note that what happened in Ekiti , as a single state , cannot be pulled through in a general election , especially where the people have made up their minds to seek a new president .
“ Nigeria is too big and too complex to be subjugated by a single individual or group of individuals , as any attempt to do so will definitely consume the conspirators .
“ Moreover , while we are still pursuing the recovery of our stolen mandate in Ekiti , we state in very strong terms that this will be the last time the PDP will , under any circumstance whatsoever , allow itself to be manipulated out at the polls at any level . ”
He urged members and supporters of the PDP to continue to remain calm over the alleged daylight robbery that he said happened in Ekiti State, despite the alleged provocations by the APC and the Presidency .
He said that leaders of the party were already making efforts to ensure to redress the injustice that he said was meted to the party in Ekiti State .
Latest Nigeria News
- Luke Shaw signs new five-year deal with Manchester United
- Labour And Kogi Elders Vow To Resist Proposed Sale Of Ajaokuta Steel Company
- The Causes Of Bed-wetting Among Adults – Nigerian Doctor Speaks Out
- This Is Lagos, A City Swimming In Filth (See Photos)
- We are taking steps to secure Fayose’s release – Ozekhome
- Veteran Yoruba actor, Ajimajasan, is dead
- Great Shock As Top Nollywood Actor Passes Away (Photo)
- Atiku Speaks On Online Grant Scheme That Allegedly Disburses Money To Nigerians
- So painful:Ogun Corper Dies Of Kidney Ailment Just A Day Before Passing Out Parade
- 3 NFF Staff In Serious Trouble Over $9.5m FIFA Grant
- Angry Muslim Youths Protest Governor Fayemi’s Appointments Ekiti
- Barcelona Midfielder, Vidal Fined 800,000 Euros For Doing This At A Nightclub
- Men Suspected To Have Murdered Army General Handed Over To Police (Photo)
- Big Brother Star, Beverly Osun Shares Fresh Raunchy Photos Online
- So Sad! Corpses Recovered After Bus Plunged Into A River In Ahaoda (Photos)
- Honeymoon: Bride Who Looked Sad On Wedding Day, Happily Kisses Hubb
- Gospel Artiste, Tim Godfrey Under Fire For Changing His Hair Colour (Photo)
- EFCC Discovers Several Properties Belonging To Fayose Allegedly Bought With Missing N1.3billion (Photos)
- Operator Of Popular Ponzi Scheme Caught Trying To Flee The Country Over N1billion Fraud
- PDP Vice Presidential Candidate, Peter Obi Speaks On His Houses In London
- Popular APC Chieftain Assassinated In Ekiti (Photo)
- Trump plans US exit from international postal treaty
- Tiger Woods blames fatigue for Ryder Cup flop
- Liverpool’s Mane has surgery on hand injury
- NAFDAC Bans The Importation, Sale And Distribution Of Malco Vitamin B Complex Injection
- BBNaija’s Ifu Ennada Wins Lagos Beauty Summit Award
- Now is the time for Brexit deal – Theresa May tells EU
- Minimum wage: Organised labour holds crucial meeting
- West Ham suspend coach
- Mayweather to fight mixed martial arts star Khabib
- I hope you rot in hell – mother tells her late son accidentally killed by hunter
- Lady Shares Her Robbery Experience In Lagos Traffic (Photos)
- 100-Year-Old Woman In A Wheelchair Gets Married To 74-Year-Old Man (Photos)
- Henceforth, No Work, No Pay Principle To Apply During Strike – FG Announces
- Legal Tussle: Innoson’s Lawyer Attacked By Assassins, Shot 3 Times (Photos)
- Don’t embarrass me over sitting arrangement – Akpabio tells Saraki
- Policemen Save Uber Driver From Losing His Car To Armed Robbers In Lekki
- Resign Honourably Or Be Forced Out Of Office – Akpabio Threatens Saraki
- Human Skulls, Bones, Skulls & More: Police Parade Suspected Ritualists In Kwara (Photo)
- Tragic! Woman Killed On The Spot After Being Hit By Tipper (Graphic Photo)