The detained former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki is set to be released by the Department of State Security Services after meeting all the bail conditions.
While speaking to PUNCH on Tuesday, Ahmed Raji (SAN), a lawyer to ex-National Security Adviser, said that his client, Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd.), has met all the bail conditions imposed on him by the Federal High Court in Abuja on July 2, 2018.
Raji said that a letter by the Deputy Chief Registrar of the Federal High Court confirming that Dasuki had fulfilled all the bail conditions would today (Tuesday) be presented to the Department of State Service which has been holding him in custody since December 29, 2015.
In reaction to an inquiry, the lawyer said that Dasuki’s bid to meet the bail conditions, and was expected to be released as soon as the DCR’s letter was delivered to the DSS on Tuesday morning.
Raji’s text message sent to The PUNCH read, “The letter written by DCR confirming that all conditions for the bail have been met will be delivered to DSS this morning. Upon delivery of the letter, the DSS is to release him in line with the order of the court.”
Recall that the Federal High Court in Abuja had on July 2, granted bail to Dasuki from the custody of the Department of State Service, where he had been detained for two and a half years.
Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu, who granted bail to Dasuki in the sum of N200m with two sureties in like sum, ruled that
“the long and continued detention” of the applicant since December 29, 2015, could not be justified.
Although the judge rejected Dasuki’s prayer for a public apology and an award of N5billion compensation, she rejected all the grounds canvassed by the three respondents to justify the ex-NSA’s continued detention.
Apart from granting bail to the applicant in the sum of N200m with two sureties in like sum, the judge also attached other bail conditions including, that the sureties must be residents of Abuja.
She said the sureties could be civil servants not less than Grade Level 16 in the employment of the Federal Government or private citizens not employed by government.
Latest Nigeria News
- Luke Shaw signs new five-year deal with Manchester United
- Labour And Kogi Elders Vow To Resist Proposed Sale Of Ajaokuta Steel Company
- The Causes Of Bed-wetting Among Adults – Nigerian Doctor Speaks Out
- This Is Lagos, A City Swimming In Filth (See Photos)
- We are taking steps to secure Fayose’s release – Ozekhome
- Veteran Yoruba actor, Ajimajasan, is dead
- Great Shock As Top Nollywood Actor Passes Away (Photo)
- Atiku Speaks On Online Grant Scheme That Allegedly Disburses Money To Nigerians
- So painful:Ogun Corper Dies Of Kidney Ailment Just A Day Before Passing Out Parade
- 3 NFF Staff In Serious Trouble Over $9.5m FIFA Grant
- Angry Muslim Youths Protest Governor Fayemi’s Appointments Ekiti
- Barcelona Midfielder, Vidal Fined 800,000 Euros For Doing This At A Nightclub
- Men Suspected To Have Murdered Army General Handed Over To Police (Photo)
- Big Brother Star, Beverly Osun Shares Fresh Raunchy Photos Online
- So Sad! Corpses Recovered After Bus Plunged Into A River In Ahaoda (Photos)
- Honeymoon: Bride Who Looked Sad On Wedding Day, Happily Kisses Hubb
- Gospel Artiste, Tim Godfrey Under Fire For Changing His Hair Colour (Photo)
- EFCC Discovers Several Properties Belonging To Fayose Allegedly Bought With Missing N1.3billion (Photos)
- Operator Of Popular Ponzi Scheme Caught Trying To Flee The Country Over N1billion Fraud
- PDP Vice Presidential Candidate, Peter Obi Speaks On His Houses In London
- Popular APC Chieftain Assassinated In Ekiti (Photo)
- Trump plans US exit from international postal treaty
- Tiger Woods blames fatigue for Ryder Cup flop
- Liverpool’s Mane has surgery on hand injury
- NAFDAC Bans The Importation, Sale And Distribution Of Malco Vitamin B Complex Injection
- BBNaija’s Ifu Ennada Wins Lagos Beauty Summit Award
- Now is the time for Brexit deal – Theresa May tells EU
- Minimum wage: Organised labour holds crucial meeting
- West Ham suspend coach
- Mayweather to fight mixed martial arts star Khabib
- I hope you rot in hell – mother tells her late son accidentally killed by hunter
- Lady Shares Her Robbery Experience In Lagos Traffic (Photos)
- 100-Year-Old Woman In A Wheelchair Gets Married To 74-Year-Old Man (Photos)
- Henceforth, No Work, No Pay Principle To Apply During Strike – FG Announces
- Legal Tussle: Innoson’s Lawyer Attacked By Assassins, Shot 3 Times (Photos)
- Don’t embarrass me over sitting arrangement – Akpabio tells Saraki
- Policemen Save Uber Driver From Losing His Car To Armed Robbers In Lekki
- Resign Honourably Or Be Forced Out Of Office – Akpabio Threatens Saraki
- Human Skulls, Bones, Skulls & More: Police Parade Suspected Ritualists In Kwara (Photo)
- Tragic! Woman Killed On The Spot After Being Hit By Tipper (Graphic Photo)