The detained former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki is set to be released by the Department of State Security Services after meeting all the bail conditions.
While speaking to PUNCH on Tuesday, Ahmed Raji (SAN), a lawyer to ex-National Security Adviser, said that his client, Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd.), has met all the bail conditions imposed on him by the Federal High Court in Abuja on July 2, 2018.
Raji said that a letter by the Deputy Chief Registrar of the Federal High Court confirming that Dasuki had fulfilled all the bail conditions would today (Tuesday) be presented to the Department of State Service which has been holding him in custody since December 29, 2015.
In reaction to an inquiry, the lawyer said that Dasuki’s bid to meet the bail conditions, and was expected to be released as soon as the DCR’s letter was delivered to the DSS on Tuesday morning.
Raji’s text message sent to The PUNCH read, “The letter written by DCR confirming that all conditions for the bail have been met will be delivered to DSS this morning. Upon delivery of the letter, the DSS is to release him in line with the order of the court.”
Recall that the Federal High Court in Abuja had on July 2, granted bail to Dasuki from the custody of the Department of State Service, where he had been detained for two and a half years.
Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu, who granted bail to Dasuki in the sum of N200m with two sureties in like sum, ruled that
“the long and continued detention” of the applicant since December 29, 2015, could not be justified.
Although the judge rejected Dasuki’s prayer for a public apology and an award of N5billion compensation, she rejected all the grounds canvassed by the three respondents to justify the ex-NSA’s continued detention.
Apart from granting bail to the applicant in the sum of N200m with two sureties in like sum, the judge also attached other bail conditions including, that the sureties must be residents of Abuja.
She said the sureties could be civil servants not less than Grade Level 16 in the employment of the Federal Government or private citizens not employed by government.
Latest Nigeria News
- Ex-Super Eagles Goalkeeper, Idah Peterside Welcomes Baby After 10 Years Of Marriage (Photos)
- PDP Reacts To Sad Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele’s N800 Music House
- Oyo Commissioner Speaks On Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele’s Radio Station,
- Atiku And Ben Bruce React To Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele’s N800m Radio House
- Woman stabs husband dead for keeping girlfriends
- CBN don kill us, Senate don fail us! – DG of DMO, Patience Oniha
- Akwa Ibom Sues EFCC, three others for N50bn over Freezing of Account
- Uncertainty over Automatic Ticket Made Saraki, Tambuwal to Leave APC – Tinubu
- Even rats in the kitchen knows Buhari has flopped! – Angry Nigerians blast Buhari after crowd was rented to welcome him
- Baby with brain tumour miraculously recovers after Pope Francis kissed her
- Ndidi signs new six-year deal with Leicester
- Third Mainland Bridge to be temporarily shut for four days — LASG
- Nothing is too little, says retired judge, mobilises funds for rebuilding of Ayefele’s Fresh FM building
- EPL: Aguero hits hat-trick as City triumph
- EPL: Brighton stun Man United
- Beautiful New Photos Of Banky W & Wife, Adesua Etomi
- Yinka Ayefele Laments On Facebook Over Demolition Of N800m Music House
- Why Gov. Ajimobi Demolished Musician Yinka Ayefele’s N800m Radio House In Ibadan
- Tiwa Savage Finally Breaks Silence Over Allegations Of Romantic Relationship With Wizkid
- I Can Dump Acting For Marriage – Actress Nkechi Sunday
- PDP Writes Saraki, Demands Akpabio’s Recall
- BREAKING: Oyo State Gov. demolishes Yinka Ayefele’s Music House
- Why Duncan Mighty prostrated himself for Davido – Manager
- FINALLY! Davido Admits Private Jet Belongs To His Dad After He Was Busted
- I Can’t Get Justice From ICPC; They Think I’m Psychotic – OAU Sex-For-Mark Lady, Monica Osagie
- I Am Not Plotting To Marry Churchill, Ignore The Rumours – Rosy Meurer
- Messi, Coutinho see Barcelona past Alaves
- Osinbajo signs three bills into law
- I have resumed, Buhari writes National Assembly
- INEC suspends Rivers by-election over violence
- President Putin dances at Austrian foreign minister’s wedding (Photo)
- Tight security as Cristiano Ronaldo makes Serie A debut
- Super Eagles Striker Emenike Threatens Reekado Banks… See why
- BREAKING: Buhari returns from London
- Mbappe scores in first match for PSG after World Cup
- Chelsea v Arsenal: Alonso on target to settle five-goal Arsenal thriller
- US Singer Commits Suicide After Prolonged Battle With Mental Illness
- BUSINESS IDEA: Snake Rearing, A Profitable Venture
- Beauty Contestant Dies During Photo Shoot At Beach
- Yinka Ayefele Speaks On Demolition Of His N800 Million Music House