A beauty contestant has lost her life during a photo shoot at a beach after being hit by a strong wave.
Tragedy hit a group of beauty contestants when a strong wave hit them while they were taking a photo shoot at the Oasis beach in Cape Coast Thursday evening leading to the death of one of them.
One of the ladies is still missing while two of them and a gentleman are on admission at the Cape Coast Metropolitan Hospital.
The deceased and the missing lady; whose names are yet to be given, are said to be students of the University of Ghana and the Mampong Campus of the University of Education, Winneba respectively.
The body of the deceased has been deposited at the University of Cape Coast hospital morgue.
The Director of Public Affairs of the University of Cape Coast, Major (rtd) Baah Bentum said the ladies, who were participating in the “Face of USAG”, were part of a group of students who were attending the annual congress of the University Students Association (USAG) at the University of Cape Coast.
According to him, the tragedy hit when a wave swept them off the rocks they stood on for the photo shoot.
Confirming the incident to Graphic Online, the Central Regional Police Public Relations Officer, Deputy Superintendent of Police, Irene Oppong said the police were taking statements for investigations.
Meanwhile the parents of the deceased have been informed of the death.
-Culled from Graphic Online.
Latest Nigeria News
- JUST IN: British cabinet backs draft Brexit deal
- Premier League to weigh controversial £5m gift for outgoing chairman
- I will fix Nigeria’s ailing economy – Atiku
- BREAKING: N30,000 minimum wage will lead to bankruptcy – Govs
- INT’L MEDIA OUTLETS BATTLING TO SECURE A TV CHAT WITH IPOB LEADER NNAMDI KANU
- ‘You lack common decency,’ – President Macron’s spokesman tells Trump
- N’Golo Kante turned down offshore payments from Chelsea
- Sokoto Assembly accepts Deputy Gov’s resignation
- EFCC appoints Amokeodo as Magu’s spokesperson
- We’ll probe Oshiomhole, ICPC tells anti-APC chairman protesters
- Why I chose a fellow Muslim as running mate –Gov el-Rufai
- PDP accuses Buhari, APC of plans to liquidate members’ bank accounts
- Serena Williams emerges 2018 GQ Woman of the Year
- Susanna Dinnage to replace Scudamore as Premier League chief
- We are prepared for 2019 elections – INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu
- Teleology appoints new board of directors for 9mobile
- Why 2nd Niger Bridge is delayed – Fashola
- Teenage Boy Pictured With Machete Before Stabbing Friend To Death (Graphic Photos)
- We Are People Too – Higuain Apologises For Being Sent Off
- My Mum Behind My Flamboyant Fashion Sense – Paul Pogba
- OMG : Suspected Vandal Found Dead Inside NNPC Pipeline In Ogun
- Face Of Burglar Who Broke Into IBB’s Guesthouse And Stole Phones, Cash, Others (Photo)
- Salary: Ondo Workers Threaten To Begin Strike On Tuesday
- Revealed: How N15 Million Ransom Was Paid For Freedom Of Abducted Ondo ADC Chieftains
- My Daughter Wants To See Her Father, Davido’s Alleged Baby Mama Cries Out
- Gabon leader Ali Bongo seriously ill, says Presidency
- Stop using sniper to preserve beans, Agric minister begs traders
- Macron snubs US arms in defence spat with Trump
- Man City overpower United to win derby
- Lionel Messi Fails As Real Betis Beat Barcelona 4-3
- Google Doodle celebrates Christy Essien-Igbokwe’s 58th posthumous birthday
- 65-year-old man dies during sex with lover
- The fire threatening to consume Oshiomhole and APC’s chances in 2019
- APC Guber Candidate, Sanwo-olu Tells INEC About His Mental Health
- Nigerians Are Frustrated – Obasanjo
- What Davido’s Fans Went To Do At His House Last Night Will Shock You (Video)
- Mourinho takes swipe at Aguero ahead of City clash
- 2019: Banky W declares his intention to run for House of Reps
- Those calling for Oshiomhole’s removal want to destroy APC –Marafa
- Minimum wage: 1.5 million FG workers to earn over N2.3tn