Popular American songstress who is a lead singer of music group, has passed away after she took her own life when she lost her battle with mental illness.
Jill Janus, the lead singer of popular Metal Music group, Huntress, has died after she committed suicide outside Portland, Oregon, on Tuesday, after a prolonged battle with bipolar and schizoaffective disorder.
Following her death, the music band released a public announcement via their Facebook handle.
The statement read: “It is with crushed hearts that we announce that Jill Janus—frontwoman for the California heavy metal band Huntress—passed away on Tuesday, August 14.
A long-time sufferer of mental illness, she took her own life outside of Portland, Oregon. Janus spoke publicly about these challenges in hopes of guiding others to address and overcome their mental illness.
Janus was a truly special creative involved with numerous musical projects including her role as vocalist for female metal/hard rock cover bands TheStarbreakers and Chelsea Girls. In addition, Janus was co-composer and creator of an upcoming rock opera with Trans-Siberian Orchestra’s Angus Clark and had a decade-long career as NYC DJ Penelope Tuesdae. Her musical career began in childhood.
Beyond her accomplishments in the music world and her advocacy for mental health issues, she was a beautiful person passionate about her family, animal rescue and the world of natural medicine. She will be missed more than she could have ever known.
If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, Call 1-800-273-8255 to reach the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. It provides free and confidential support 24 hours a day, seven days a week for people in suicidal crisis or distress.
The 43 year old songstress had on occasions mentioned that she also struggled with suicidal thoughts.”
In 2015, Jill was also diagnosed with Cancer of the uterus. She would be remembered for her numerous musical projects involving young girls and people suffering mental illness.
Latest Nigeria News
- Billionaire Businessman, Otedola Endorses Sanwo-Olu
- After I spent N400m per state, Buhari refused to give appointments – Saraki in viral audio
- 2019 election: Presidency reacts to alleged viral audio of Saraki
- Saraki reacts to viral audio on helping Buhari in 2015
- Nagging wife cannot keep husband for long
- Toyin Abraham Reportedly Breaks Off Engagement To Lawyer Fiance
- Tonto Dikeh Serves Fans With Hot Relationship Tips
- Peter Okoye of Psquare Shades His Brothers As He Celebrates His Wife On Their 5th Wedding Anniversary
- Why People Think I’m A Fraudster And Gigolo – Actor Adeleye Adeshile Opens Up
- Comedian Ali Baba Writes Open Letter To Buhari
- Aggrieved party members working with opposition to defame me – Oshiomhole
- FG okays N60bn for rice subsidy
- Wow! Beautiful Actress, Regina Daniels Receives N500k Gift From E-Money, Shares Proof
- Manchester United star Paul Pogba relaxes with Messi and Davido in Dubai (Photos)
- Nnamdi Kanu vows to expose how Jubril Aminu was transformed to replace ‘dead Buhari’ in London
- Eid-el Maulud: FG declares Tuesday public holiday
- I’ll sell 90% of NNPC if elected – Atiku vows
- I need fighting spirit, says Fulham’s Ranieri
- NAFDAC, customs seize tramadol worth N193bn
- JUST IN: UPP adopts Buhari
- British poor are getting poorer –UN report
- Joke Silva And Hubby, Olu Jacobs Celebrate 33rd Wedding Anniversary With Family Photo
- Stop Dragging Equality With Your Husband – Policewoman, Dolapo Badmus Advises Feminists
- INEC Lacks Capacity To Conduct Credible Polls – Wike
- How SARS Shot Me, But Bullet Couldn’t Penetrate – ‘Fortified’ Man Narrates
- Minimum Wage: Many Govs Ready To Pay More Than N30,000 – NLC
- NECO: Postponement of examination caused by public holiday
- Jedvaj nets last-gasp winner as Croatia beat Spain to set up England showdown
- See How Much Governors Earn In Nigeria
- JUST IN: 3 Nigerian soldiers killed in Boko Haram attack on military base
- ASUU strike: Details of FG meeting with union leaders emerge
- Ed Woodward breaks silence on Manchester United’s form under Mourinho
- APC govt’s policies have created jobs – Buhari
- Mimiko dumps presidential race, opts for senate seat
- Nigeria to emerge world’s second largest rice importer in 2019 –US agency
- Minimum wage: We cannot be intimidated – Labour tells Governors
- FG, ASUU hold closed-door meeting
- BREAKING: Buhari launches unity band ahead of presidential campaign
- BREAKING: APGA suspends Anambra factional Speaker, two others
- Boko Haram: Time To Drink Cold Beer With Abubakar Shekau’s Skull