A pro-democracy group, Human Rights Writers Association of Nigeria, HURIWA, has lambasted President Muhammadu Buhari over the replacement of former Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun with Zainab Ahmed.
HURIWA said Buhari’s action of appointing his “kinsmen” to head security and sensitive areas of government with those who share “same religion is a constitutional abomination which must be aborted forthwith.”
The organisation faulted Ahmed’s appointment, claiming the appointee was the stepsister of the Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai.
Recall that Adeosun had last week resigned her appointment as the Finance Minister over the alleged forgery of her National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, exemption certificate.
Following the resignation of Adeosun, Ahmed was appointed the acting Minister as her replacement.
However, HURIWA in a statement by its National Coordinator, Comrade Emmanuel Onwubiko lamented “The decision by President Muhammadu Buhari to pick the reported step-sister of the Kaduna state governor (Nasir El-Rufai) Zainab Ahmed, a Fulani like himself as Finance Minister after the resignation of the immediate past Minister, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, who had to leave following swirling allegations of certificate scam.”
The rights group also berated the President for, “concentrating key and strategic beats in the hands of only a section of the country”.
Against this backdrop, the body accused the, “President of nepotism which violates section 14 (3) of the constitution.”
The statement reads, “Why should this government concentrate the most important appointments in the cabinet such as Finance, Defence, Justice and the entire internal security team in the hands of a section of Nigeria and alienating others. This divisive tendency is a grave threat to national security and the survival of our union as a united political and sovereign entity?”
“Total control of all security infrastructures and the concentration of same in the hands of the President’s kinsmen who share same religion is a constitutional abomination which must be aborted forthwith.
It also questioned the ”replacement of a competent acting Director General of Directorate of State Security Services, Mr. Mathew Seiyefa with a retiree from Kano state Alhaji Yusuf Magaji Bichi”.
Latest Nigeria News
- Mom and daughter reunited after 2-year separation
- FG panel probes David Mark’s offshore assets
- Nigeria’s first gold refinery to be completed June 2019
- I’m glad Senate didn’t confirm me – EFCC boss, Magu
- Afenifere, Ohanaeze back 71 Reps’ bill seeking parliamentary govt
- Kanye West Demands Apology from Drake for ‘Sneak Diss’ and Gets This
- Okorocha presents budget of N276bn for 2019
- BREAKING: SDP scribe, Gabam, becomes Duke’s presidential running mate
- Sowore to sue Channels TV boss for excluding him from debate
- Checkout The Awesome Official Wedding Photos Of Nollywood Actor, Frankincense And His Wife
- Female NYSC Corps Member Reportedly Dies Of Typhoid
- Graphic Photos Of Swiss Park Hotel Manager Shot Dead By Gunmen In Anambra
- I Stabbed Her All Over Untill She Died – Man Confesses As Court Sentences Him To Death In Plateau
- Nigerian Football Legend, Kanu Nwankwo Spotted With Brazilian Legend, Ronaldinho (Photos)
- Maradona’s new girlfriend kicks him out of home he bought for her
- 2018 Soundcity MVP awards: Davido, Tiwa Savage, Yemi Alade, others top nomination list
- Mourinho orders Man United players to train on Christmas Day
- BREAKING: APC postpones governorship campaign in Kwara, cites insecurity
- We didn’t endorse Buhari for second term – CAN
- APC, PDP Reps clash over unsigned electoral bill
- Champions League: Mourinho says ‘nothing’ surprised him about Valencia defeat
- Shame To Stingy People – Father Mbaka Attacks Peter Obi Again Despite Apology
- JUST IN: He Is Back From ISRAEL! The Crowd Is Massive
- Sex in car is criminal, Lagos Police counters Abayomi Shogunle
- UK parliament upholds vote of confidence in Theresa May
- UCL: Scoreline flatters Man Utd in Valencia defeat
- Heartbreaking: Serving NYSC Member Dies While Traveling To His PPA In Kano (Photos)
- FG Forcing PDP Governors To A Secret Deal – Uche Secondus Raises Alarm
- How I Wanted Breast Implants, Plastic Surgery – Nwankwo Kanu’s Wife Opens Up
- JUST IN: Theresa May tells party she plans to quit before 2022 election
- Agbaje is my ‘egbon’, I expect decency from him – Sanwo-Olu
- BREAKING: Atiku, Ezekwesili sign peace pact today
- Kim Jong Un’s step-grandmother dies
- Facebook Headquarters At Silicon Valley Evacuated Following Bomb Threat
- Famous Footballer’s Wife Breaks Down In Tears As Husband’s Team Is Eliminated From Champions League
- BREAKING : Theresa May Faces Vote Of No Confidence, May Lose Position as UK Prime Minister
- JUST IN: ASUU Strike may end on Monday (Details Inside)
- Poly lecturers (ASUP) begin nationwide strike today
- True Story Of Shamed Couple Caught Making Love In The Car Revealed (Photos)
- ASSASSINATION ATTEMPT: “Impact Of Bullets On Mbaka’s Car Is There For All To See That It Is Real”