Senate President and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential aspirant, Bukola Saraki, on Tuesday insisted that President Muhammadu Buhari does not understand governance and was not prepared to govern the country when he was elected in 2015.
Saraki stated this while addressing Oyo State delegates and members of the party ahead of the national convention of the PDP at the state secretariat of the party located at Molete, Ibadan.
The former governor of Kwara State, who said that Nigerians made a mistake by voting Buhari in 2015, added that Nigeria needed a “digital President”.
Saraki, who was accompanied to Ibadan by Senator Rafiu Ibrahim, Senator Abiodun Olujinmi, Captain Idris Wada, Dr. Doyin Okupe and Hon. Muhammed Wakil, declared that incumbent President Buhari of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) “does not understand governance”.
He noted that the mistake Nigerians have made over the years was electing people into positions of authority based on sentiment.
He specifically maintained that Nigeria needed a digital President who can relate well with Presidents of other counties.
Saraki, while speaking further, declared that he is the most capable for the job among the PDP Presidential aspirants, urging the Oyo State delegates to support his aspiration.
He said, “The major mistake we are making is that we vote people who cannot do it. All other countries, they look for the best candidates. If you look at other aspirants, you will see that I can do it better than all of them.
“The mistake we made is that the person who is there does not know anything. The person that is there does not understand governance.
“If you have observed, you will discover that Presidents of other counties who have visited Nigeria in recent time did not sleep in the country. They will just come for two or few hours and go back”.
The Senate President maintained further that what the country needs in 2019 is a capable President, as Buhari has shown that he is not capable for the task.
Saraki insisted that having worked with the President for over three years; he has discovered that the Buhari does not understand governance.
Among Oyo PDP leaders that received the Senate President were, State Chairman of the party, Alhaji Kunmi Mystapha; Elder Wole Oyelese; Alhaji Hazeem Gbalarumi; Mr. Wasiu Adeleke; Dr. Saka Balogun and Chief Jacob Adetoro.
Latest Nigeria News
- Mom and daughter reunited after 2-year separation
- FG panel probes David Mark’s offshore assets
- Nigeria’s first gold refinery to be completed June 2019
- I’m glad Senate didn’t confirm me – EFCC boss, Magu
- Afenifere, Ohanaeze back 71 Reps’ bill seeking parliamentary govt
- Kanye West Demands Apology from Drake for ‘Sneak Diss’ and Gets This
- Okorocha presents budget of N276bn for 2019
- BREAKING: SDP scribe, Gabam, becomes Duke’s presidential running mate
- Sowore to sue Channels TV boss for excluding him from debate
- Checkout The Awesome Official Wedding Photos Of Nollywood Actor, Frankincense And His Wife
- Female NYSC Corps Member Reportedly Dies Of Typhoid
- Graphic Photos Of Swiss Park Hotel Manager Shot Dead By Gunmen In Anambra
- I Stabbed Her All Over Untill She Died – Man Confesses As Court Sentences Him To Death In Plateau
- Nigerian Football Legend, Kanu Nwankwo Spotted With Brazilian Legend, Ronaldinho (Photos)
- Maradona’s new girlfriend kicks him out of home he bought for her
- 2018 Soundcity MVP awards: Davido, Tiwa Savage, Yemi Alade, others top nomination list
- Mourinho orders Man United players to train on Christmas Day
- BREAKING: APC postpones governorship campaign in Kwara, cites insecurity
- We didn’t endorse Buhari for second term – CAN
- APC, PDP Reps clash over unsigned electoral bill
- Champions League: Mourinho says ‘nothing’ surprised him about Valencia defeat
- Shame To Stingy People – Father Mbaka Attacks Peter Obi Again Despite Apology
- JUST IN: He Is Back From ISRAEL! The Crowd Is Massive
- Sex in car is criminal, Lagos Police counters Abayomi Shogunle
- UK parliament upholds vote of confidence in Theresa May
- UCL: Scoreline flatters Man Utd in Valencia defeat
- Heartbreaking: Serving NYSC Member Dies While Traveling To His PPA In Kano (Photos)
- FG Forcing PDP Governors To A Secret Deal – Uche Secondus Raises Alarm
- How I Wanted Breast Implants, Plastic Surgery – Nwankwo Kanu’s Wife Opens Up
- JUST IN: Theresa May tells party she plans to quit before 2022 election
- Agbaje is my ‘egbon’, I expect decency from him – Sanwo-Olu
- BREAKING: Atiku, Ezekwesili sign peace pact today
- Kim Jong Un’s step-grandmother dies
- Facebook Headquarters At Silicon Valley Evacuated Following Bomb Threat
- Famous Footballer’s Wife Breaks Down In Tears As Husband’s Team Is Eliminated From Champions League
- BREAKING : Theresa May Faces Vote Of No Confidence, May Lose Position as UK Prime Minister
- JUST IN: ASUU Strike may end on Monday (Details Inside)
- Poly lecturers (ASUP) begin nationwide strike today
- True Story Of Shamed Couple Caught Making Love In The Car Revealed (Photos)
- ASSASSINATION ATTEMPT: “Impact Of Bullets On Mbaka’s Car Is There For All To See That It Is Real”