Rumours have been making the sounds on social media that Ambode has bowed out of the gubernatorial race following his fallout with his benefactor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.
Following the viral report alleging that the Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode has personally dumped his ambition to seek a second term in office, the Governor has distanced himself from the report saying it is falsehood.
In a statement signed by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. Habib Aruna, he noted that there is no iota of truth in the report adding that the message did not emanate from the Governor.
According to Aruna; “My attention has been drawn to a falsehood spreading across social media platforms on the endorsement of a candidate for the Lagos State Governorship position by His Excellency, Governor Akinwunmi Ambode.
“There is no iota of truth in the said statement and it did not emanate from the Governor or his office. We are not oblivious of the desperation from certain quarters that is hell bent on fanning the embers of discord within the Lagos APC.”
He concluded saying; “The tremendous strides and infrastructural development embarked upon by Governor Ambode in almost three and half years will be completed by him within the constitutional stipulated time.
“This is why he has sought the support of party leadership and every Lagosian for re-election in order to complete the good works he has started. He is very much committed to that bid.”
However, in the viral statement alleging that Governor Ambode has dumped his second term ambition, the Governor was quoted as saying “I, Akinwunmi Ambode the Executive Governor of Lagos State after due considerations and consultations, I have decided to suspend my campaign for second term as the executive governor of our great state.”
The message continues that; “This is done in good faith to put the interests of our great state ahead of our personal ambition and to honour the clarion call for a change of leadership by our great party.
“I am committed to the program and manifestos of our great party APC to improve the lives of the people of Lagos State and Nigeria as a whole.”
In the same statement, Governor Ambode was alleged to have endorsed another candidate, Mr. Jide Sanwo-Olu. “In view of this, I hereby endorse Hon Jide Sanwolu to represent our party for the office of the executive governor of Lagos state.
I thank the leadership of our party at all levels for their supportive role during my term as the executive governor of Lagos state,” the statement read.
Latest Nigeria News
- Mom and daughter reunited after 2-year separation
- FG panel probes David Mark’s offshore assets
- Nigeria’s first gold refinery to be completed June 2019
- I’m glad Senate didn’t confirm me – EFCC boss, Magu
- Afenifere, Ohanaeze back 71 Reps’ bill seeking parliamentary govt
- Kanye West Demands Apology from Drake for ‘Sneak Diss’ and Gets This
- Okorocha presents budget of N276bn for 2019
- BREAKING: SDP scribe, Gabam, becomes Duke’s presidential running mate
- Sowore to sue Channels TV boss for excluding him from debate
- Checkout The Awesome Official Wedding Photos Of Nollywood Actor, Frankincense And His Wife
- Female NYSC Corps Member Reportedly Dies Of Typhoid
- Graphic Photos Of Swiss Park Hotel Manager Shot Dead By Gunmen In Anambra
- I Stabbed Her All Over Untill She Died – Man Confesses As Court Sentences Him To Death In Plateau
- Nigerian Football Legend, Kanu Nwankwo Spotted With Brazilian Legend, Ronaldinho (Photos)
- Maradona’s new girlfriend kicks him out of home he bought for her
- 2018 Soundcity MVP awards: Davido, Tiwa Savage, Yemi Alade, others top nomination list
- Mourinho orders Man United players to train on Christmas Day
- BREAKING: APC postpones governorship campaign in Kwara, cites insecurity
- We didn’t endorse Buhari for second term – CAN
- APC, PDP Reps clash over unsigned electoral bill
- Champions League: Mourinho says ‘nothing’ surprised him about Valencia defeat
- Shame To Stingy People – Father Mbaka Attacks Peter Obi Again Despite Apology
- JUST IN: He Is Back From ISRAEL! The Crowd Is Massive
- Sex in car is criminal, Lagos Police counters Abayomi Shogunle
- UK parliament upholds vote of confidence in Theresa May
- UCL: Scoreline flatters Man Utd in Valencia defeat
- Heartbreaking: Serving NYSC Member Dies While Traveling To His PPA In Kano (Photos)
- FG Forcing PDP Governors To A Secret Deal – Uche Secondus Raises Alarm
- How I Wanted Breast Implants, Plastic Surgery – Nwankwo Kanu’s Wife Opens Up
- JUST IN: Theresa May tells party she plans to quit before 2022 election
- Agbaje is my ‘egbon’, I expect decency from him – Sanwo-Olu
- BREAKING: Atiku, Ezekwesili sign peace pact today
- Kim Jong Un’s step-grandmother dies
- Facebook Headquarters At Silicon Valley Evacuated Following Bomb Threat
- Famous Footballer’s Wife Breaks Down In Tears As Husband’s Team Is Eliminated From Champions League
- BREAKING : Theresa May Faces Vote Of No Confidence, May Lose Position as UK Prime Minister
- JUST IN: ASUU Strike may end on Monday (Details Inside)
- Poly lecturers (ASUP) begin nationwide strike today
- True Story Of Shamed Couple Caught Making Love In The Car Revealed (Photos)
- ASSASSINATION ATTEMPT: “Impact Of Bullets On Mbaka’s Car Is There For All To See That It Is Real”