Ahead of Saturday ’ s governorship election in Osun , the Senate President , Bukola Saraki , on Wednesday in Osogbo , canvassed support for the Peoples Democratic Party candidate , Senator Ademola Adeleke .
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that former Vice President , Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, PDP National Chairman , Uche Secondus, Governor Abdulfatai Ahmed of Kwara , the National Vice Chairman of the party, Eddy Olafeso , among others , joined Saraki at the mega rally held at Nelson Mandela Freedom Park in Osogbo .
Saraki , who is the National Chairman of the Campaign Council for Osun election , urged residents of the state to vote for PDP during the poll .
He said it was painful that APC- led administration in the state could not pay workers ’ salaries for three years .
Saraki said he was optimistic that Adeleke would win the election and put an end to the suffering of the people in the state .
“ This election is about the people of Osun and they must send the message that government that cannot pay workers ’ salaries should be sent packing , ” he said .
Atiku , while urging the residents to vote for the party on Saturday , said , “ From what I can see here , it is a win for PDP .
“ I urge you to defend and protect your votes for it not to be stolen” .
In his remarks , Secondus said Adeleke would fix the state ’ s economy , if elected , and appealed to INEC to ensure that the election is free , fair and credible .
Mr Soji Adagunodo , the PDP state chairman , said Osun was ripe to be taken by the party .
He appealed to residents to vote for PDP , promising them that Adeleke would not disappoint them .
Governor Ahmed in his remarks also urged the electorate to use their Permanent Voter Cards to vote for PDP .
( NAN )
Latest Nigeria News
- Real Madrid Eye Conte As Lopetegui’s Replacement
- How NASS Plans To Pressure Buhari To Assent To Petroleum Industry Governance Bill – Saraki
- No Man Is Perfect – School Principal Speaks After Flogging Female NYSC Member (Photos)
- Trapped Journalists And Civil Servants Recount Ordeal In Kaduna Crisis
- Nigerian Eiye Cultist Killed By Rival Gang At A Nightclub In South Africa (Photos)
- Osun poll: Tribunal orders substituted service on INEC, Oyetola
- Grand corruption my biggest surprise as Vice-President – Osinbajo
- Naira loses marginally against dollar at parallel market
- Those who feel they have another country are free to go —Buhari
- “Nnamdi Kanu Is Not In Jerusalem” – Isreali Government Reacts
- CBN revokes nine micro-finance banks’ licences in Niger
- Why majority of Benue residents oppose Buhari’s re-election – Gov Ortom
- Captain Ozil shines in stellar Arsenal comeback
- Ashanti Cancels Concert After Selling Only 24 Tickets
- Xenophobia: 9 Nigerian-owned Shops Burnt In South Africa
- Unbelievable : Doctors Find 122 Nails Inside Patient’s Stomach During Operation
- Priest Commits Suicide After Being Accused Of Abusing A Child
- Is The Lagos Assembly Truly Planning To Impeach Ambode? Find Out What The Speaker Has To Say
- BBNaija’s Nina Shows Off Her Mother And Sisters As She Celebrates Her Mother’s Birthday
- NYSC Suspends Batch ‘C’ Orientation Course Indefinitely In Kaduna Over Unrest
- Osinbajo, Other Top Politicians Present As Alaafin Of Oyo Celebrates 80th Birthday (Photos)
- See A Teenage Female Blogger Allegedly Buys Two Cars For Her Parents As ‘Thank You’ Gifts (Photos)
- Norway To Increase Visa Issuance To Nigerians
- OMG : Heavy Flood Sweeps Away Van Containing Drugs Worth Millions In Delta
- Revealed: Saraki’s Anointed Candidate For Kwara Governorship Skips NYSC, Forges Certificate
- Lagos OAP Rocks Braless, Open Chest Outfit To Public Gathering (Photos)
- 55 Dead: Governor Nasir El-Rufai Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Kaduna
- Governor Amosun Breaks Silence After Reports Alleged He Has Dumped APC
- Tragedy As Man Stabs Customer To Death Over N200 Beer At A Bar (Photos)
- Oshiomhole attacks APC chiefs plotting his removal
- Religious leaders visit Buhari just to take photographs – Bakare
- We Will Attack Israel If Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Deported Back To Nigeria – Lai Mohammed
- APC Expels Former SGF, Nnamani
- 2019: Man Who Rode Bicycle From Owerri To Abuja For Atiku, Collapses, Lands In Hospital (Photos)
- JUST IN: El-Rufai imposes 24-hour curfew on Kaduna
- Nnamdi Kanu Radio Biafra Broadcast: “I decree that there is no longer S/East or S/South Nigeria” (Full Message)
- There’s a gang up against me – Adams Oshiomhole cries out
- What APC Used To Deceive Shehu Sani – Ben Bruce
- It Is Possible For America To Lift Visa Ban On Atiku Any Time Soon – Campaign Spokesperson
- Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles (Photo)