FIFA are set to reintroduce licences for player agents and has adopted , in principle , a limit on player loans .FIFA ’ s ‘ Football Stakeholders Committee ’ approved “ the introduction of licences and exams for agents ” at a meeting in London , according to a source close to the discussions .
The governing body of world football did away with agent licences in 2015.
While the committee , chaired by the Canadian Victor Montagliani , the Canadian head of CONCACAF , approved a limit on player loans , they could not agree a number .
FIFA had proposed a maximum of six loans per club as part of plans to reduce the stockpiling of players by leading clubs.
The committee also agreed to the creation of a clearing house , managed by a bank, to handle the solidarity payments from transfer fees due to clubs that trained players in their youth systems .
The committee was voting on proposals prepared by a five – member “task force ” chaired by Montagliani and made up of representatives of UEFA , the European Club Association ( ECA ) , the professional players union FiFPro , and the World Leagues Forum ( WLF) .
The recommendations are expected to be ratified at the next FIFA Council meeting in Kigali , Rwanda, on October 25 -26 .
Latest Nigeria News
- Real Madrid Eye Conte As Lopetegui’s Replacement
- How NASS Plans To Pressure Buhari To Assent To Petroleum Industry Governance Bill – Saraki
- No Man Is Perfect – School Principal Speaks After Flogging Female NYSC Member (Photos)
- Trapped Journalists And Civil Servants Recount Ordeal In Kaduna Crisis
- Nigerian Eiye Cultist Killed By Rival Gang At A Nightclub In South Africa (Photos)
- Osun poll: Tribunal orders substituted service on INEC, Oyetola
- Grand corruption my biggest surprise as Vice-President – Osinbajo
- Naira loses marginally against dollar at parallel market
- Those who feel they have another country are free to go —Buhari
- “Nnamdi Kanu Is Not In Jerusalem” – Isreali Government Reacts
- CBN revokes nine micro-finance banks’ licences in Niger
- Why majority of Benue residents oppose Buhari’s re-election – Gov Ortom
- Captain Ozil shines in stellar Arsenal comeback
- Ashanti Cancels Concert After Selling Only 24 Tickets
- Xenophobia: 9 Nigerian-owned Shops Burnt In South Africa
- Unbelievable : Doctors Find 122 Nails Inside Patient’s Stomach During Operation
- Priest Commits Suicide After Being Accused Of Abusing A Child
- Is The Lagos Assembly Truly Planning To Impeach Ambode? Find Out What The Speaker Has To Say
- BBNaija’s Nina Shows Off Her Mother And Sisters As She Celebrates Her Mother’s Birthday
- NYSC Suspends Batch ‘C’ Orientation Course Indefinitely In Kaduna Over Unrest
- Osinbajo, Other Top Politicians Present As Alaafin Of Oyo Celebrates 80th Birthday (Photos)
- See A Teenage Female Blogger Allegedly Buys Two Cars For Her Parents As ‘Thank You’ Gifts (Photos)
- Norway To Increase Visa Issuance To Nigerians
- OMG : Heavy Flood Sweeps Away Van Containing Drugs Worth Millions In Delta
- Revealed: Saraki’s Anointed Candidate For Kwara Governorship Skips NYSC, Forges Certificate
- Lagos OAP Rocks Braless, Open Chest Outfit To Public Gathering (Photos)
- 55 Dead: Governor Nasir El-Rufai Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Kaduna
- Governor Amosun Breaks Silence After Reports Alleged He Has Dumped APC
- Tragedy As Man Stabs Customer To Death Over N200 Beer At A Bar (Photos)
- Oshiomhole attacks APC chiefs plotting his removal
- Religious leaders visit Buhari just to take photographs – Bakare
- We Will Attack Israel If Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Deported Back To Nigeria – Lai Mohammed
- APC Expels Former SGF, Nnamani
- 2019: Man Who Rode Bicycle From Owerri To Abuja For Atiku, Collapses, Lands In Hospital (Photos)
- JUST IN: El-Rufai imposes 24-hour curfew on Kaduna
- Nnamdi Kanu Radio Biafra Broadcast: “I decree that there is no longer S/East or S/South Nigeria” (Full Message)
- There’s a gang up against me – Adams Oshiomhole cries out
- What APC Used To Deceive Shehu Sani – Ben Bruce
- It Is Possible For America To Lift Visa Ban On Atiku Any Time Soon – Campaign Spokesperson
- Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles (Photo)