Chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party and former governor of Kano state, Rabiu Kwankwaso, has given reasons why he wants his son-in-law, to be the next governor in Kano state.
A presidential aspirant of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Senator Rabiu Kwankwaso, has said that he wants Abba Yusuf (pictured left), his son-in-law, to succeed Abdullahi Ganduje, the incumbent governor, because Yusuf performed well when he served as a commissioner under him.
According to TheCable, the former governor of Kano state, said Yusuf, who was commissioner of works, discharged his role well enough and was actually behind most of the projects of his government.
The lawmaker listed the Kano Kofar Nassarawa flyover among the projects, adding that the projects designed by Yusuf were far better than the ones under Abdullahi Ganduje, his successor.
Although Ganduje served as Kwankwaso’s deputy for eight years, both men have been having a running battle.
“Today most projects being executed by Ganduje are not durable and are of low standard while heavy amounts was spent on them, but our projects which mostly were designed and executed by Abba Kabir Yusuf are today standing firm in Kano,” NAN qouted him to have said.
Kwankwaso, who spent just one hours, appealed to his supporters to resolve issues among them amicably.
“I’m in Kano to see you and say thank you for the brotherhood and progressive unity we enjoy as kwankwasiyya members. Certainly we will sit and talk on vital issues affecting us,” he said.
“If not that I’m highly busy and rushing to go back to Abuja for the Presidential screening going on right now, I will have love to sit down and discuss vital issues with you. But I promise to come back and have a special sessions with you.”
Top members of Kwankwasiyya Movement, a group loyal to him, who attended the meeting, were Adamu Dangwani, his former chief of staff, and Aminu Abdussalam, a former commissioner.
Latest Nigeria News
- Mom and daughter reunited after 2-year separation
- FG panel probes David Mark’s offshore assets
- Nigeria’s first gold refinery to be completed June 2019
- I’m glad Senate didn’t confirm me – EFCC boss, Magu
- Afenifere, Ohanaeze back 71 Reps’ bill seeking parliamentary govt
- Kanye West Demands Apology from Drake for ‘Sneak Diss’ and Gets This
- Okorocha presents budget of N276bn for 2019
- BREAKING: SDP scribe, Gabam, becomes Duke’s presidential running mate
- Sowore to sue Channels TV boss for excluding him from debate
- Checkout The Awesome Official Wedding Photos Of Nollywood Actor, Frankincense And His Wife
- Female NYSC Corps Member Reportedly Dies Of Typhoid
- Graphic Photos Of Swiss Park Hotel Manager Shot Dead By Gunmen In Anambra
- I Stabbed Her All Over Untill She Died – Man Confesses As Court Sentences Him To Death In Plateau
- Nigerian Football Legend, Kanu Nwankwo Spotted With Brazilian Legend, Ronaldinho (Photos)
- Maradona’s new girlfriend kicks him out of home he bought for her
- 2018 Soundcity MVP awards: Davido, Tiwa Savage, Yemi Alade, others top nomination list
- Mourinho orders Man United players to train on Christmas Day
- BREAKING: APC postpones governorship campaign in Kwara, cites insecurity
- We didn’t endorse Buhari for second term – CAN
- APC, PDP Reps clash over unsigned electoral bill
- Champions League: Mourinho says ‘nothing’ surprised him about Valencia defeat
- Shame To Stingy People – Father Mbaka Attacks Peter Obi Again Despite Apology
- JUST IN: He Is Back From ISRAEL! The Crowd Is Massive
- Sex in car is criminal, Lagos Police counters Abayomi Shogunle
- UK parliament upholds vote of confidence in Theresa May
- UCL: Scoreline flatters Man Utd in Valencia defeat
- Heartbreaking: Serving NYSC Member Dies While Traveling To His PPA In Kano (Photos)
- FG Forcing PDP Governors To A Secret Deal – Uche Secondus Raises Alarm
- How I Wanted Breast Implants, Plastic Surgery – Nwankwo Kanu’s Wife Opens Up
- JUST IN: Theresa May tells party she plans to quit before 2022 election
- Agbaje is my ‘egbon’, I expect decency from him – Sanwo-Olu
- BREAKING: Atiku, Ezekwesili sign peace pact today
- Kim Jong Un’s step-grandmother dies
- Facebook Headquarters At Silicon Valley Evacuated Following Bomb Threat
- Famous Footballer’s Wife Breaks Down In Tears As Husband’s Team Is Eliminated From Champions League
- BREAKING : Theresa May Faces Vote Of No Confidence, May Lose Position as UK Prime Minister
- JUST IN: ASUU Strike may end on Monday (Details Inside)
- Poly lecturers (ASUP) begin nationwide strike today
- True Story Of Shamed Couple Caught Making Love In The Car Revealed (Photos)
- ASSASSINATION ATTEMPT: “Impact Of Bullets On Mbaka’s Car Is There For All To See That It Is Real”