Applicants who applied for the ongoing recruitment exercise will be disqualified if they have the following deformity.
Mr Boboye Oyeyemi, the Corps Marshal, Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) says that applicants with tattoos, bow and K legs would be disqualified from its ongoing screening.
Oyeyemi disclosed this to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) while inspecting the screening exercise at Ikeja 9 Brigades Military Cantonment in Lagos on Tuesday.
“In any uniform service, you are not supposed to have tattoo on your body; likewise twisted eyes, bow, K legs and flat foot are not allowed in the service.
“This is because anybody with bow and K legs will not be able to stand and walk for a long period of time.
“In uniform service, you must be able to walk and run long distances in case of emergency.
To save life, you will be required to walk long distances and you won’t be able to perform your duty if you have “K“ or flat leg.
“We have patrol duties for eight hours and rescue exercise can take up to five hours and if you are not fit you can’t do it.
“Likewise pregnant and married women, we can’t take them because that is the rule for uniform services,” Oyeyemi said.
The FRSC boss said that the screening had been going smoothly across the country together with the five states having high concentration of applicants.
“We have states that have high concentration of applicants, like Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Abuja, Kaduna, Benue, Lagos, Enugu and Oyo.
He expressed satisfaction with the progress made so far in the exercise.
Oyeyemi commended the Nigerian Army, Nigerian Air force, Police, Civil Defence and the Department of State Security Service (DSS) for their maximum support for the success of the screening.
The FRSC boss said that the ongoing exercise across the country had been transparent, decent and on merit in line with the principle of Federal Character.
Mr Hyginus Omeje, the FRSC Lagos Sector Commander, told NAN that over 3,000 degree holders had been screened in Lagos state.
“The screened applicants will start their physical training today and we continue with other cadres on Wednesday.
“The Inspector Cadre will start their screening on Wednesday and Thursday, while Road Marshal Assistants cadre will begin on Friday to Saturday, “ Omeje said.
Mrs Kemi Opakunle, the Acting State Coordinator, Federal Character Commission, Lagos State Office, while given her remarks on the screening exercise, gave kudos to the FRSC officials and other agencies involved in the process.
Opakunle said that the process was transparent, orderly and highly commendable.
“We are here to monitor the process and we are satisfied with the way it’s being conducted, so orderly, transparent without any manipulation,”
The recruitment started on May 28, with the uploading of the application forms on FRSC recruitment portal.
Latest Nigeria News
- Mom and daughter reunited after 2-year separation
- FG panel probes David Mark’s offshore assets
- Nigeria’s first gold refinery to be completed June 2019
- I’m glad Senate didn’t confirm me – EFCC boss, Magu
- Afenifere, Ohanaeze back 71 Reps’ bill seeking parliamentary govt
- Kanye West Demands Apology from Drake for ‘Sneak Diss’ and Gets This
- Okorocha presents budget of N276bn for 2019
- BREAKING: SDP scribe, Gabam, becomes Duke’s presidential running mate
- Sowore to sue Channels TV boss for excluding him from debate
- Checkout The Awesome Official Wedding Photos Of Nollywood Actor, Frankincense And His Wife
- Female NYSC Corps Member Reportedly Dies Of Typhoid
- Graphic Photos Of Swiss Park Hotel Manager Shot Dead By Gunmen In Anambra
- I Stabbed Her All Over Untill She Died – Man Confesses As Court Sentences Him To Death In Plateau
- Nigerian Football Legend, Kanu Nwankwo Spotted With Brazilian Legend, Ronaldinho (Photos)
- Maradona’s new girlfriend kicks him out of home he bought for her
- 2018 Soundcity MVP awards: Davido, Tiwa Savage, Yemi Alade, others top nomination list
- Mourinho orders Man United players to train on Christmas Day
- BREAKING: APC postpones governorship campaign in Kwara, cites insecurity
- We didn’t endorse Buhari for second term – CAN
- APC, PDP Reps clash over unsigned electoral bill
- Champions League: Mourinho says ‘nothing’ surprised him about Valencia defeat
- Shame To Stingy People – Father Mbaka Attacks Peter Obi Again Despite Apology
- JUST IN: He Is Back From ISRAEL! The Crowd Is Massive
- Sex in car is criminal, Lagos Police counters Abayomi Shogunle
- UK parliament upholds vote of confidence in Theresa May
- UCL: Scoreline flatters Man Utd in Valencia defeat
- Heartbreaking: Serving NYSC Member Dies While Traveling To His PPA In Kano (Photos)
- FG Forcing PDP Governors To A Secret Deal – Uche Secondus Raises Alarm
- How I Wanted Breast Implants, Plastic Surgery – Nwankwo Kanu’s Wife Opens Up
- JUST IN: Theresa May tells party she plans to quit before 2022 election
- Agbaje is my ‘egbon’, I expect decency from him – Sanwo-Olu
- BREAKING: Atiku, Ezekwesili sign peace pact today
- Kim Jong Un’s step-grandmother dies
- Facebook Headquarters At Silicon Valley Evacuated Following Bomb Threat
- Famous Footballer’s Wife Breaks Down In Tears As Husband’s Team Is Eliminated From Champions League
- BREAKING : Theresa May Faces Vote Of No Confidence, May Lose Position as UK Prime Minister
- JUST IN: ASUU Strike may end on Monday (Details Inside)
- Poly lecturers (ASUP) begin nationwide strike today
- True Story Of Shamed Couple Caught Making Love In The Car Revealed (Photos)
- ASSASSINATION ATTEMPT: “Impact Of Bullets On Mbaka’s Car Is There For All To See That It Is Real”