Applicants who applied for the ongoing recruitment exercise will be disqualified if they have the following deformity.
Mr Boboye Oyeyemi, the Corps Marshal, Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) says that applicants with tattoos, bow and K legs would be disqualified from its ongoing screening.
Oyeyemi disclosed this to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) while inspecting the screening exercise at Ikeja 9 Brigades Military Cantonment in Lagos on Tuesday.
“In any uniform service, you are not supposed to have tattoo on your body; likewise twisted eyes, bow, K legs and flat foot are not allowed in the service.
“This is because anybody with bow and K legs will not be able to stand and walk for a long period of time.
“In uniform service, you must be able to walk and run long distances in case of emergency.
To save life, you will be required to walk long distances and you won’t be able to perform your duty if you have “K“ or flat leg.
“We have patrol duties for eight hours and rescue exercise can take up to five hours and if you are not fit you can’t do it.
“Likewise pregnant and married women, we can’t take them because that is the rule for uniform services,” Oyeyemi said.
The FRSC boss said that the screening had been going smoothly across the country together with the five states having high concentration of applicants.
“We have states that have high concentration of applicants, like Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Abuja, Kaduna, Benue, Lagos, Enugu and Oyo.
He expressed satisfaction with the progress made so far in the exercise.
Oyeyemi commended the Nigerian Army, Nigerian Air force, Police, Civil Defence and the Department of State Security Service (DSS) for their maximum support for the success of the screening.
The FRSC boss said that the ongoing exercise across the country had been transparent, decent and on merit in line with the principle of Federal Character.
Mr Hyginus Omeje, the FRSC Lagos Sector Commander, told NAN that over 3,000 degree holders had been screened in Lagos state.
“The screened applicants will start their physical training today and we continue with other cadres on Wednesday.
“The Inspector Cadre will start their screening on Wednesday and Thursday, while Road Marshal Assistants cadre will begin on Friday to Saturday, “ Omeje said.
Mrs Kemi Opakunle, the Acting State Coordinator, Federal Character Commission, Lagos State Office, while given her remarks on the screening exercise, gave kudos to the FRSC officials and other agencies involved in the process.
Opakunle said that the process was transparent, orderly and highly commendable.
“We are here to monitor the process and we are satisfied with the way it’s being conducted, so orderly, transparent without any manipulation,”
The recruitment started on May 28, with the uploading of the application forms on FRSC recruitment portal.
Latest Nigeria News
- Real Madrid Eye Conte As Lopetegui’s Replacement
- How NASS Plans To Pressure Buhari To Assent To Petroleum Industry Governance Bill – Saraki
- No Man Is Perfect – School Principal Speaks After Flogging Female NYSC Member (Photos)
- Trapped Journalists And Civil Servants Recount Ordeal In Kaduna Crisis
- Nigerian Eiye Cultist Killed By Rival Gang At A Nightclub In South Africa (Photos)
- Osun poll: Tribunal orders substituted service on INEC, Oyetola
- Grand corruption my biggest surprise as Vice-President – Osinbajo
- Naira loses marginally against dollar at parallel market
- Those who feel they have another country are free to go —Buhari
- “Nnamdi Kanu Is Not In Jerusalem” – Isreali Government Reacts
- CBN revokes nine micro-finance banks’ licences in Niger
- Why majority of Benue residents oppose Buhari’s re-election – Gov Ortom
- Captain Ozil shines in stellar Arsenal comeback
- Ashanti Cancels Concert After Selling Only 24 Tickets
- Xenophobia: 9 Nigerian-owned Shops Burnt In South Africa
- Unbelievable : Doctors Find 122 Nails Inside Patient’s Stomach During Operation
- Priest Commits Suicide After Being Accused Of Abusing A Child
- Is The Lagos Assembly Truly Planning To Impeach Ambode? Find Out What The Speaker Has To Say
- BBNaija’s Nina Shows Off Her Mother And Sisters As She Celebrates Her Mother’s Birthday
- NYSC Suspends Batch ‘C’ Orientation Course Indefinitely In Kaduna Over Unrest
- Osinbajo, Other Top Politicians Present As Alaafin Of Oyo Celebrates 80th Birthday (Photos)
- See A Teenage Female Blogger Allegedly Buys Two Cars For Her Parents As ‘Thank You’ Gifts (Photos)
- Norway To Increase Visa Issuance To Nigerians
- OMG : Heavy Flood Sweeps Away Van Containing Drugs Worth Millions In Delta
- Revealed: Saraki’s Anointed Candidate For Kwara Governorship Skips NYSC, Forges Certificate
- Lagos OAP Rocks Braless, Open Chest Outfit To Public Gathering (Photos)
- 55 Dead: Governor Nasir El-Rufai Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Kaduna
- Governor Amosun Breaks Silence After Reports Alleged He Has Dumped APC
- Tragedy As Man Stabs Customer To Death Over N200 Beer At A Bar (Photos)
- Oshiomhole attacks APC chiefs plotting his removal
- Religious leaders visit Buhari just to take photographs – Bakare
- We Will Attack Israel If Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Deported Back To Nigeria – Lai Mohammed
- APC Expels Former SGF, Nnamani
- 2019: Man Who Rode Bicycle From Owerri To Abuja For Atiku, Collapses, Lands In Hospital (Photos)
- JUST IN: El-Rufai imposes 24-hour curfew on Kaduna
- Nnamdi Kanu Radio Biafra Broadcast: “I decree that there is no longer S/East or S/South Nigeria” (Full Message)
- There’s a gang up against me – Adams Oshiomhole cries out
- What APC Used To Deceive Shehu Sani – Ben Bruce
- It Is Possible For America To Lift Visa Ban On Atiku Any Time Soon – Campaign Spokesperson
- Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles (Photo)