The football player who made Zinedine Zidane leave Real Madrid as coach has been revealed in a new report.Bale and Zidane
Zinedine Zidane decided to step down from his role as Real Madrid manager after arguing with president Florentino Perez over Gareth Bale, according to reports.
The Frenchman guided Los Blancos to three successive Champions League titles during his time at the Bernabeu, but left at the end of last season and is now being linked with replacing Jose Mourinho at Manchester United.
One player who wouldn’t join him at Old Trafford if he moved to Manchester, however, would be Bale, with El Pais claiming Zidane wanted to sell the Welshman.
Zidane felt Real’s record signing struggled with his tactics, lacked consistency and was too selfish, while his injury record was another issue.
Bale was rarely used by Zidane in their final season together, and started just one knockout match in their victorious Champions League run – the second leg against Juventus, when he was subbed off at half-time.
He met with Perez in January and they agreed to sell Bale, hoping to net around £100m which could be reinvested on a new Galactico.
Neymar was top of their list, though Didier Deschamps warned Zidane about his lack of professionalism, while Eden Hazard, Harry Kane and Mohamed Salah were also discussed.
But when Bale hinted at leaving after the Champions League final, and with a deal for Cristiano Ronaldo to Juventus already in the works, Perez decided to stick by Bale and re-planned to build around an attack of the Welshman and Neymar.
Zidane was not informed of that decision, only finding out about the club’s change in strategy through a third party, and when he met with Perez to plan for the 2018/19 season he told him he was resigning.
Since then, Bale has emerged as a central figure for Real, scoring three times and laying on two assists, though the team only sit in fourth place having lost twice already this season.
Source: Metro UK
Latest Nigeria News
- Mom and daughter reunited after 2-year separation
- FG panel probes David Mark’s offshore assets
- Nigeria’s first gold refinery to be completed June 2019
- I’m glad Senate didn’t confirm me – EFCC boss, Magu
- Afenifere, Ohanaeze back 71 Reps’ bill seeking parliamentary govt
- Kanye West Demands Apology from Drake for ‘Sneak Diss’ and Gets This
- Okorocha presents budget of N276bn for 2019
- BREAKING: SDP scribe, Gabam, becomes Duke’s presidential running mate
- Sowore to sue Channels TV boss for excluding him from debate
- Checkout The Awesome Official Wedding Photos Of Nollywood Actor, Frankincense And His Wife
- Female NYSC Corps Member Reportedly Dies Of Typhoid
- Graphic Photos Of Swiss Park Hotel Manager Shot Dead By Gunmen In Anambra
- I Stabbed Her All Over Untill She Died – Man Confesses As Court Sentences Him To Death In Plateau
- Nigerian Football Legend, Kanu Nwankwo Spotted With Brazilian Legend, Ronaldinho (Photos)
- Maradona’s new girlfriend kicks him out of home he bought for her
- 2018 Soundcity MVP awards: Davido, Tiwa Savage, Yemi Alade, others top nomination list
- Mourinho orders Man United players to train on Christmas Day
- BREAKING: APC postpones governorship campaign in Kwara, cites insecurity
- We didn’t endorse Buhari for second term – CAN
- APC, PDP Reps clash over unsigned electoral bill
- Champions League: Mourinho says ‘nothing’ surprised him about Valencia defeat
- Shame To Stingy People – Father Mbaka Attacks Peter Obi Again Despite Apology
- JUST IN: He Is Back From ISRAEL! The Crowd Is Massive
- Sex in car is criminal, Lagos Police counters Abayomi Shogunle
- UK parliament upholds vote of confidence in Theresa May
- UCL: Scoreline flatters Man Utd in Valencia defeat
- Heartbreaking: Serving NYSC Member Dies While Traveling To His PPA In Kano (Photos)
- FG Forcing PDP Governors To A Secret Deal – Uche Secondus Raises Alarm
- How I Wanted Breast Implants, Plastic Surgery – Nwankwo Kanu’s Wife Opens Up
- JUST IN: Theresa May tells party she plans to quit before 2022 election
- Agbaje is my ‘egbon’, I expect decency from him – Sanwo-Olu
- BREAKING: Atiku, Ezekwesili sign peace pact today
- Kim Jong Un’s step-grandmother dies
- Facebook Headquarters At Silicon Valley Evacuated Following Bomb Threat
- Famous Footballer’s Wife Breaks Down In Tears As Husband’s Team Is Eliminated From Champions League
- BREAKING : Theresa May Faces Vote Of No Confidence, May Lose Position as UK Prime Minister
- JUST IN: ASUU Strike may end on Monday (Details Inside)
- Poly lecturers (ASUP) begin nationwide strike today
- True Story Of Shamed Couple Caught Making Love In The Car Revealed (Photos)
- ASSASSINATION ATTEMPT: “Impact Of Bullets On Mbaka’s Car Is There For All To See That It Is Real”