Former President Chief Olusegun Obasanjo says he has forgiven his former vice -president , Atiku Abubakar , wholeheartedly , describing him as “ president – to – be . ”Obasanjo said this while addressing journalists after the closed – door meeting with the Peoples Democratic Party presidential candidate .
The meeting held at the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Complex .
Also at the meeting were the Bishop of the Living Faith Church ( Winners Chapel ) , David Oyedepo ; Islamic cleric, Ahmed Gumi ; and the Bishop of Catholic Diocese of Sokoto, Matthew Kukah .
They were in the meeting with Atiku and Obasanjo .
Obasanjo said that , based on what transpired at the meeting , he believed that Atiku now has “ a contrite heart ” and has shown remorse.
Obasanjo said of Atiku : “ From what transpired in the last couple of hours or so, you have shown remorse; you have asked for forgiveness and you have indicated that you have learnt some good lessons and you will mend fences and make amends as necessary and as desirable . ”
“ Whenever or wherever you might have offended me , as a Christian who asks for God ’ s forgiveness of my sins and inadequacies on a daily basis, I forgive and I sincerely advise you to learn from the past and do what is right and it will be well with you , ” Obasanjo added .
The ex – president noted that among all the presidential aspirants in the PDP , Atiku has the widest and greatest exposure , adding that he ( Atiku ) understands the economy better than the incumbent president .
The former president also noted that the PDP presidential candidate was not rigid , but is rather “ more accessible , ” with links almost across the country .
“ For me , relatively and of all the aspirants in the PDP , you have the widest and greatest exposure , experience , outreach and possibly , the best machinery and preparation , for seeing the tough and likely dirty campaign ahead through.
“ From what I personally know of you , you have the capacity to perform better than the incumbent . You surely understand the economy better ; you have business experience , which can make your administration business – friendly and boost the economy and provide jobs .
“ You have better outreach nationally and internationally and that can translate into better management of foreign affairs.
“ You are more accessible and less inflexible and more open to all parts of the country in many ways .
“ As Pastor Bakare , one – time running mate of the incumbent President said , ‘ You are a wazobia man . ’ And that should help you in confronting the ‘ confrontable ’ and shunning nepotism . ”
Speaking earlier , Atiku described today as “ The happiest day of my life . “
Latest Nigeria News
- Mom and daughter reunited after 2-year separation
- FG panel probes David Mark’s offshore assets
- Nigeria’s first gold refinery to be completed June 2019
- I’m glad Senate didn’t confirm me – EFCC boss, Magu
- Afenifere, Ohanaeze back 71 Reps’ bill seeking parliamentary govt
- Kanye West Demands Apology from Drake for ‘Sneak Diss’ and Gets This
- Okorocha presents budget of N276bn for 2019
- BREAKING: SDP scribe, Gabam, becomes Duke’s presidential running mate
- Sowore to sue Channels TV boss for excluding him from debate
- Checkout The Awesome Official Wedding Photos Of Nollywood Actor, Frankincense And His Wife
- Female NYSC Corps Member Reportedly Dies Of Typhoid
- Graphic Photos Of Swiss Park Hotel Manager Shot Dead By Gunmen In Anambra
- I Stabbed Her All Over Untill She Died – Man Confesses As Court Sentences Him To Death In Plateau
- Nigerian Football Legend, Kanu Nwankwo Spotted With Brazilian Legend, Ronaldinho (Photos)
- Maradona’s new girlfriend kicks him out of home he bought for her
- 2018 Soundcity MVP awards: Davido, Tiwa Savage, Yemi Alade, others top nomination list
- Mourinho orders Man United players to train on Christmas Day
- BREAKING: APC postpones governorship campaign in Kwara, cites insecurity
- We didn’t endorse Buhari for second term – CAN
- APC, PDP Reps clash over unsigned electoral bill
- Champions League: Mourinho says ‘nothing’ surprised him about Valencia defeat
- Shame To Stingy People – Father Mbaka Attacks Peter Obi Again Despite Apology
- JUST IN: He Is Back From ISRAEL! The Crowd Is Massive
- Sex in car is criminal, Lagos Police counters Abayomi Shogunle
- UK parliament upholds vote of confidence in Theresa May
- UCL: Scoreline flatters Man Utd in Valencia defeat
- Heartbreaking: Serving NYSC Member Dies While Traveling To His PPA In Kano (Photos)
- FG Forcing PDP Governors To A Secret Deal – Uche Secondus Raises Alarm
- How I Wanted Breast Implants, Plastic Surgery – Nwankwo Kanu’s Wife Opens Up
- JUST IN: Theresa May tells party she plans to quit before 2022 election
- Agbaje is my ‘egbon’, I expect decency from him – Sanwo-Olu
- BREAKING: Atiku, Ezekwesili sign peace pact today
- Kim Jong Un’s step-grandmother dies
- Facebook Headquarters At Silicon Valley Evacuated Following Bomb Threat
- Famous Footballer’s Wife Breaks Down In Tears As Husband’s Team Is Eliminated From Champions League
- BREAKING : Theresa May Faces Vote Of No Confidence, May Lose Position as UK Prime Minister
- JUST IN: ASUU Strike may end on Monday (Details Inside)
- Poly lecturers (ASUP) begin nationwide strike today
- True Story Of Shamed Couple Caught Making Love In The Car Revealed (Photos)
- ASSASSINATION ATTEMPT: “Impact Of Bullets On Mbaka’s Car Is There For All To See That It Is Real”