Former President Chief Olusegun Obasanjo says he has forgiven his former vice -president , Atiku Abubakar , wholeheartedly , describing him as “ president – to – be . ”Obasanjo said this while addressing journalists after the closed – door meeting with the Peoples Democratic Party presidential candidate .
The meeting held at the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Complex .
Also at the meeting were the Bishop of the Living Faith Church ( Winners Chapel ) , David Oyedepo ; Islamic cleric, Ahmed Gumi ; and the Bishop of Catholic Diocese of Sokoto, Matthew Kukah .
They were in the meeting with Atiku and Obasanjo .
Obasanjo said that , based on what transpired at the meeting , he believed that Atiku now has “ a contrite heart ” and has shown remorse.
Obasanjo said of Atiku : “ From what transpired in the last couple of hours or so, you have shown remorse; you have asked for forgiveness and you have indicated that you have learnt some good lessons and you will mend fences and make amends as necessary and as desirable . ”
“ Whenever or wherever you might have offended me , as a Christian who asks for God ’ s forgiveness of my sins and inadequacies on a daily basis, I forgive and I sincerely advise you to learn from the past and do what is right and it will be well with you , ” Obasanjo added .
The ex – president noted that among all the presidential aspirants in the PDP , Atiku has the widest and greatest exposure , adding that he ( Atiku ) understands the economy better than the incumbent president .
The former president also noted that the PDP presidential candidate was not rigid , but is rather “ more accessible , ” with links almost across the country .
“ For me , relatively and of all the aspirants in the PDP , you have the widest and greatest exposure , experience , outreach and possibly , the best machinery and preparation , for seeing the tough and likely dirty campaign ahead through.
“ From what I personally know of you , you have the capacity to perform better than the incumbent . You surely understand the economy better ; you have business experience , which can make your administration business – friendly and boost the economy and provide jobs .
“ You have better outreach nationally and internationally and that can translate into better management of foreign affairs.
“ You are more accessible and less inflexible and more open to all parts of the country in many ways .
“ As Pastor Bakare , one – time running mate of the incumbent President said , ‘ You are a wazobia man . ’ And that should help you in confronting the ‘ confrontable ’ and shunning nepotism . ”
Speaking earlier , Atiku described today as “ The happiest day of my life . “
Latest Nigeria News
- Real Madrid Eye Conte As Lopetegui’s Replacement
- How NASS Plans To Pressure Buhari To Assent To Petroleum Industry Governance Bill – Saraki
- No Man Is Perfect – School Principal Speaks After Flogging Female NYSC Member (Photos)
- Trapped Journalists And Civil Servants Recount Ordeal In Kaduna Crisis
- Nigerian Eiye Cultist Killed By Rival Gang At A Nightclub In South Africa (Photos)
- Osun poll: Tribunal orders substituted service on INEC, Oyetola
- Grand corruption my biggest surprise as Vice-President – Osinbajo
- Naira loses marginally against dollar at parallel market
- Those who feel they have another country are free to go —Buhari
- “Nnamdi Kanu Is Not In Jerusalem” – Isreali Government Reacts
- CBN revokes nine micro-finance banks’ licences in Niger
- Why majority of Benue residents oppose Buhari’s re-election – Gov Ortom
- Captain Ozil shines in stellar Arsenal comeback
- Ashanti Cancels Concert After Selling Only 24 Tickets
- Xenophobia: 9 Nigerian-owned Shops Burnt In South Africa
- Unbelievable : Doctors Find 122 Nails Inside Patient’s Stomach During Operation
- Priest Commits Suicide After Being Accused Of Abusing A Child
- Is The Lagos Assembly Truly Planning To Impeach Ambode? Find Out What The Speaker Has To Say
- BBNaija’s Nina Shows Off Her Mother And Sisters As She Celebrates Her Mother’s Birthday
- NYSC Suspends Batch ‘C’ Orientation Course Indefinitely In Kaduna Over Unrest
- Osinbajo, Other Top Politicians Present As Alaafin Of Oyo Celebrates 80th Birthday (Photos)
- See A Teenage Female Blogger Allegedly Buys Two Cars For Her Parents As ‘Thank You’ Gifts (Photos)
- Norway To Increase Visa Issuance To Nigerians
- OMG : Heavy Flood Sweeps Away Van Containing Drugs Worth Millions In Delta
- Revealed: Saraki’s Anointed Candidate For Kwara Governorship Skips NYSC, Forges Certificate
- Lagos OAP Rocks Braless, Open Chest Outfit To Public Gathering (Photos)
- 55 Dead: Governor Nasir El-Rufai Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Kaduna
- Governor Amosun Breaks Silence After Reports Alleged He Has Dumped APC
- Tragedy As Man Stabs Customer To Death Over N200 Beer At A Bar (Photos)
- Oshiomhole attacks APC chiefs plotting his removal
- Religious leaders visit Buhari just to take photographs – Bakare
- We Will Attack Israel If Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Deported Back To Nigeria – Lai Mohammed
- APC Expels Former SGF, Nnamani
- 2019: Man Who Rode Bicycle From Owerri To Abuja For Atiku, Collapses, Lands In Hospital (Photos)
- JUST IN: El-Rufai imposes 24-hour curfew on Kaduna
- Nnamdi Kanu Radio Biafra Broadcast: “I decree that there is no longer S/East or S/South Nigeria” (Full Message)
- There’s a gang up against me – Adams Oshiomhole cries out
- What APC Used To Deceive Shehu Sani – Ben Bruce
- It Is Possible For America To Lift Visa Ban On Atiku Any Time Soon – Campaign Spokesperson
- Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles (Photo)