The All Progressives Congress, APC, has advised Nigerians on the right candidate to cast their votes for in 2019.
The ruling party said Nigerians must go for the candidate that could pass the integrity and anti-corruption test.
The APC said this in a statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Yekini Nabena, on Thursday, in Abuja.
It claimed that the main opposition Peoples Democratic party, PDP, cannot pass corruption and integrity test for its candidates.
Nabena said, “The PDP cannot be simplistic and attempt to wish away the issue of the integrity of candidates seeking elections into positions at all levels, particularly as 2019 approaches.
“We reiterate our position that the Nigerian electorate must have that opportunity to choose from candidates that can pass the integrity and anti-corruption test.
“The character of office holders we elect into public offices is important as our very progress and development as a country depends on it”.
The party further stated that when the choice was to be made, the electorate had the option of a proven and decent presidential candidate in the person of President Muhammadu Buhari who was putting the people first.
He said that on the other hand, there was a “racketeer” who would readily mortgage the country’s commonwealth to personal coffers and cronies.
Latest Nigeria News
- Real Madrid Eye Conte As Lopetegui’s Replacement
- How NASS Plans To Pressure Buhari To Assent To Petroleum Industry Governance Bill – Saraki
- No Man Is Perfect – School Principal Speaks After Flogging Female NYSC Member (Photos)
- Trapped Journalists And Civil Servants Recount Ordeal In Kaduna Crisis
- Nigerian Eiye Cultist Killed By Rival Gang At A Nightclub In South Africa (Photos)
- Osun poll: Tribunal orders substituted service on INEC, Oyetola
- Grand corruption my biggest surprise as Vice-President – Osinbajo
- Naira loses marginally against dollar at parallel market
- Those who feel they have another country are free to go —Buhari
- “Nnamdi Kanu Is Not In Jerusalem” – Isreali Government Reacts
- CBN revokes nine micro-finance banks’ licences in Niger
- Why majority of Benue residents oppose Buhari’s re-election – Gov Ortom
- Captain Ozil shines in stellar Arsenal comeback
- Ashanti Cancels Concert After Selling Only 24 Tickets
- Xenophobia: 9 Nigerian-owned Shops Burnt In South Africa
- Unbelievable : Doctors Find 122 Nails Inside Patient’s Stomach During Operation
- Priest Commits Suicide After Being Accused Of Abusing A Child
- Is The Lagos Assembly Truly Planning To Impeach Ambode? Find Out What The Speaker Has To Say
- BBNaija’s Nina Shows Off Her Mother And Sisters As She Celebrates Her Mother’s Birthday
- NYSC Suspends Batch ‘C’ Orientation Course Indefinitely In Kaduna Over Unrest
- Osinbajo, Other Top Politicians Present As Alaafin Of Oyo Celebrates 80th Birthday (Photos)
- See A Teenage Female Blogger Allegedly Buys Two Cars For Her Parents As ‘Thank You’ Gifts (Photos)
- Norway To Increase Visa Issuance To Nigerians
- OMG : Heavy Flood Sweeps Away Van Containing Drugs Worth Millions In Delta
- Revealed: Saraki’s Anointed Candidate For Kwara Governorship Skips NYSC, Forges Certificate
- Lagos OAP Rocks Braless, Open Chest Outfit To Public Gathering (Photos)
- 55 Dead: Governor Nasir El-Rufai Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Kaduna
- Governor Amosun Breaks Silence After Reports Alleged He Has Dumped APC
- Tragedy As Man Stabs Customer To Death Over N200 Beer At A Bar (Photos)
- Oshiomhole attacks APC chiefs plotting his removal
- Religious leaders visit Buhari just to take photographs – Bakare
- We Will Attack Israel If Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Deported Back To Nigeria – Lai Mohammed
- APC Expels Former SGF, Nnamani
- 2019: Man Who Rode Bicycle From Owerri To Abuja For Atiku, Collapses, Lands In Hospital (Photos)
- JUST IN: El-Rufai imposes 24-hour curfew on Kaduna
- Nnamdi Kanu Radio Biafra Broadcast: “I decree that there is no longer S/East or S/South Nigeria” (Full Message)
- There’s a gang up against me – Adams Oshiomhole cries out
- What APC Used To Deceive Shehu Sani – Ben Bruce
- It Is Possible For America To Lift Visa Ban On Atiku Any Time Soon – Campaign Spokesperson
- Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles (Photo)