I assure you of my personal commitment and that of my supporters all over the country in the next presidential race, Dankwambo tells Atiku.
Following the emergence of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar as Presidential Candidate of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), one of the runners-up during the primaries, Gov. Ibrahim Dankwambo of Gombe State, has congratulated and pledged his support to him.
Dankwambo declared his support for the party’s presidential candidate in 2019 elections on Friday in his congratulatory message, made available to newsmen in Abuja.
According to the governor who has been offered Gombe North Senatorial District ticket, God-willing, victory will be delivered to PDP in 2019 presidential election.
“I assure you of my personal commitment and that of my supporters all over the country in the next presidential race.
“I have no doubt, that with God on your side, coupled with your wealth of experience and exposure, our party will be victorious in the next election,” he said.
Dankwambo, a former Accountant-General of the federation, commended Atiku’s doggedness.
“With gratitude to almighty Allah and profound sense of fraternity, I formally congratulate you on your nomination as our party’s Presidential candidate.
“As a co-aspirant in the contest, I understand the emotional, physical and financial stress associated with such race.
“Accept my hearty congratulations on this very important victory,” Dankwambo concluded.
Prior to the Oct. 6, primary election, Dankwambo pledged to abide with outcome of the process.
The governor, who hails from same geo-political zone (Northeast) with Atiku, polled 111 votes to come fifth in the keenly contested party primaries in Porthacourt.
Atiku polled 1,532 votes among 12 aspirants to lead while Gov. Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto state polled 693 votes to come second.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that former Vice-President Atiku would contest for the number one office with current President Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
NAN also reports that Alhaji Muhammad Ribadu, the former Senatorial candidate, Gombe North Senatorial District under the PDP relinquished his candidacy to Dankwambo on Thursday.
Latest Nigeria News
- Mom and daughter reunited after 2-year separation
- FG panel probes David Mark’s offshore assets
- Nigeria’s first gold refinery to be completed June 2019
- I’m glad Senate didn’t confirm me – EFCC boss, Magu
- Afenifere, Ohanaeze back 71 Reps’ bill seeking parliamentary govt
- Kanye West Demands Apology from Drake for ‘Sneak Diss’ and Gets This
- Okorocha presents budget of N276bn for 2019
- BREAKING: SDP scribe, Gabam, becomes Duke’s presidential running mate
- Sowore to sue Channels TV boss for excluding him from debate
- Checkout The Awesome Official Wedding Photos Of Nollywood Actor, Frankincense And His Wife
- Female NYSC Corps Member Reportedly Dies Of Typhoid
- Graphic Photos Of Swiss Park Hotel Manager Shot Dead By Gunmen In Anambra
- I Stabbed Her All Over Untill She Died – Man Confesses As Court Sentences Him To Death In Plateau
- Nigerian Football Legend, Kanu Nwankwo Spotted With Brazilian Legend, Ronaldinho (Photos)
- Maradona’s new girlfriend kicks him out of home he bought for her
- 2018 Soundcity MVP awards: Davido, Tiwa Savage, Yemi Alade, others top nomination list
- Mourinho orders Man United players to train on Christmas Day
- BREAKING: APC postpones governorship campaign in Kwara, cites insecurity
- We didn’t endorse Buhari for second term – CAN
- APC, PDP Reps clash over unsigned electoral bill
- Champions League: Mourinho says ‘nothing’ surprised him about Valencia defeat
- Shame To Stingy People – Father Mbaka Attacks Peter Obi Again Despite Apology
- JUST IN: He Is Back From ISRAEL! The Crowd Is Massive
- Sex in car is criminal, Lagos Police counters Abayomi Shogunle
- UK parliament upholds vote of confidence in Theresa May
- UCL: Scoreline flatters Man Utd in Valencia defeat
- Heartbreaking: Serving NYSC Member Dies While Traveling To His PPA In Kano (Photos)
- FG Forcing PDP Governors To A Secret Deal – Uche Secondus Raises Alarm
- How I Wanted Breast Implants, Plastic Surgery – Nwankwo Kanu’s Wife Opens Up
- JUST IN: Theresa May tells party she plans to quit before 2022 election
- Agbaje is my ‘egbon’, I expect decency from him – Sanwo-Olu
- BREAKING: Atiku, Ezekwesili sign peace pact today
- Kim Jong Un’s step-grandmother dies
- Facebook Headquarters At Silicon Valley Evacuated Following Bomb Threat
- Famous Footballer’s Wife Breaks Down In Tears As Husband’s Team Is Eliminated From Champions League
- BREAKING : Theresa May Faces Vote Of No Confidence, May Lose Position as UK Prime Minister
- JUST IN: ASUU Strike may end on Monday (Details Inside)
- Poly lecturers (ASUP) begin nationwide strike today
- True Story Of Shamed Couple Caught Making Love In The Car Revealed (Photos)
- ASSASSINATION ATTEMPT: “Impact Of Bullets On Mbaka’s Car Is There For All To See That It Is Real”