Following an interview he granted claiming knowledge of Nnamdi Kanu’s whereabouts, a federal high court has summoned Orji Kalu.
The Federal High Court in Abuja has summoned a former Governor of Abia State, Orji Kalu, to appear on November 14, 2018, to testify on the whereabouts of the missing leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Mr. Nnamdi Kanu, according to Punch.
The invitation is coming following Kalu’s earlier interview in which he claimed to have knowledge of Nnamdi Kanu’s whereabouts.
The request for the subpoena to summon the former governor to appear in court was filed by Kanu’s lawyer, Mr. Ifeanyi Ejiofor.
A copy of the subpoena was made available to journalists by Ejiofor on Friday.
The subpoena bore the Federal High Court’s stamp and dated October 11, 2018, was signed by the “judge”.
The matter is before Justice Binta Nyako.
The ‘ subpoena ad testificandum’, is titled, Orji Uzor Kalu House, adjacent Bannex Flyover, beside the ever-busy Wuse-Jahi-Gwarimpa, Abuja’.
It read, “You are commanded in the name of the President and Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to attend before this Court on the 14th day of November 2018, at 9 O’clock in the forenoon, and so from day to day till the above use is tried, to give evidence on behalf of the Defendant, with regards to your knowledge on the whereabouts of the Defendant as contained in your interview granted to Press/Media on the 18th of September, 2018, after your visit to the former Head of State, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida in Minna, which interview was widely reported both on print and online media.”
Ejiofor said in a statement that Kalu was being summoned because of his recent “outburst” about Kanu’s whereabouts.
Kanu was being prosecuted on charges of treasonable felony alongside some alleged IPOB members before he became missing last year.
The IPOB leader became missing after soldiers invaded his home in Afara-Ukwu, Abia State, during the ‘Operation Python Dance’ staged by the military to quell the agitation for the realisation of the Biafra Republic in the South-East in September 2017
Latest Nigeria News
- Wizkid Cautions Bodyguard After He Hit His Fans At His Show (Video)
- Why My Marriage To Olu Jacobs Has Lasted – Joke Silva
- Georgia’s first female president sworn in
- Theresa May clashes with Blair over Brexit
- Struggling Southampton ends Arsenal’s unbeaten run
- One Killed As Container Falls On Two Cars In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos)
- IBB Salutes Buhari At 76th Birthday
- I Can Afford Whatever I Want, I Don’t Live A Fake Life – Nollywood Actress, Angela Okorie
- My Family Never Wanted Me To Marry OJB – 3rd Wife, Korede Finally Opens Up
- Drama As Robber Is Given A Bottle Of Beer To Drink After Being Caught In Bayelsa (Photos)
- APC Begs Buhari NOT To Participate In Presidential Debate
- I’m afraid of fetish people –Asa
- Biafra: IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu Suspends Live Broadcast
- INEC raises the alarm over PVC’s cloning in Imo
- Metele attack: Presidency, Atiku clash over Buhari’s absence at soldiers’ burial
- Anambra FRSC sector commander dies in crash
- Atiku pledges to revisit Jonathan’s confab report
- #2019Debate: Orji Kalu Reacts To Osinbajo’s Performance
- Charlyboy weds wife in church after 40 years
- Eleven die after eating ‘toxic’ rice
- REVEALED: How Buhari Got N260,000 Bank Loan To Build First House As Head Of State
- How Nigerian Doctors Almost Cut Off My Leg – Nollywood Actress, KC Ejelonu
- Full List Of House Of Reps Members Not Returning To National Assembly In 2019
- Vigilante Member, ‘Scorpion’ Who Died During IPOB Rally In Abia, Buried (Photos)
- Evil Woman Murders Neighbour’s 2-year-old Son, Dumps Corpse In Toilet To Punish Dad (Photos)
- ‘Small Waist’ Actress, Princess Shyngle Opens Up On Alleged Suicide Attempt
- How My Husband Killed Our Four Children And Himself – Grieving Woman Breaks Silence
- FACT CHECK: Verifying Osinbajo, Peter Obi’s Claims At Vice Presidential Debate
- Salah Clinches BBC African Footballer Of The Year 2018
- Fani-Kayode hails Peter Obi for knocking out Osinbajo, others
- Saraki Reacts To Peter Obi’s Performance At VP Debate. Ogundamisi Laughs
- Osinbajo, Obi, others differ over economy, subsidy regime
- CAF awards: Musa shunned, Iwobi makes final shortlist
- 2019 elections: US says violence looms in Nigeria
- Popular Nollywood actor, Ifeanyi Gbulie dead
- Paul Okoye Of Psquare Announces Change Of Name
- #2019Debate: Nigeria lost four million jobs in six months – Peter Obi
- BREAKING: Sowore’s supporters storm debate venue, protest exclusion
- #2019Debate: Osinbajo blames PDP for poor economy
- BREAKING: Military suspends UNICEF activities in North-East