The former First Lady of the United States , Michelle Obama , has revealed that she and her husband , ex -President Barack Obama , had their two children — Malia and Sasha — through the in – vitro fertilisation.
Michelle said that after marriage , she and the ex – president had trouble achieving pregnancy ; and that when she finally became pregnant , she suffered a miscarriage . Eventually , they had to settle for the IVF , through which they both had their two children — both girls .
Michelle ’ s journey to motherhood was everything but easy , it turned out , as she claimed that even when she agreed to have an IVF , her husband ’ s frequent absences from the home compelled her to sometime go it alone, as she had to administer the injections that were a part of the IVF process all by herself .
The revelation was contained in her memoir , Becoming , as reviewed by the Washington Post .
First daughter Malia Ann was born on July 4 , 1998 ; while Natasha ( aka Sasha ) , was born on June 10 , 2001 , according to the family ’ s Wiki entry .
It may be recalled that , on March 17 , 2017 , aol . com published a trending news which it identified as fake , stating that the Obama family was the subject of an article stating that a man had filed a lawsuit claiming he was the biological father of the Obama daughters , Sasha and Malia .
The article — which came from the satirical entertainment website The Last Line of Defense — says a man named Ezekiel Wilekenmeyer Williams filed a lawsuit with the backing that Dunstrom Pharmaceuticals had hired him to provide sperm donations for Barack and Michelle Obama some 20 years ago .
The article also claimed that the so- called biological father was white .
An excerpt from the article states : “ Williams, who has four PhDs from MIT and Oxford , sits first chair violin in the London Philharmonic Orchestra and is a world champion chess and Texas Hold ‘ Em player , says the original agreement was that if his offspring became famous , he would receive recognition for being their father . ”
In the memoir , as shared by the Washington Post , however , Michelle Obama laid the issue to rest .
The Post writes , “ She also shares intimate details for the first time , for instance , that she and her husband had trouble getting pregnant , suffered a miscarriage , and that both daughters were conceived through in vitro fertilization .
“ And that she did a great deal of this while her husband was away serving in the state legislature , leaving her to administer the shots that are a part of that process herself . ”
Latest Nigeria News
- Wizkid Cautions Bodyguard After He Hit His Fans At His Show (Video)
- Why My Marriage To Olu Jacobs Has Lasted – Joke Silva
- Georgia’s first female president sworn in
- Theresa May clashes with Blair over Brexit
- Struggling Southampton ends Arsenal’s unbeaten run
- One Killed As Container Falls On Two Cars In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos)
- IBB Salutes Buhari At 76th Birthday
- I Can Afford Whatever I Want, I Don’t Live A Fake Life – Nollywood Actress, Angela Okorie
- My Family Never Wanted Me To Marry OJB – 3rd Wife, Korede Finally Opens Up
- Drama As Robber Is Given A Bottle Of Beer To Drink After Being Caught In Bayelsa (Photos)
- APC Begs Buhari NOT To Participate In Presidential Debate
- I’m afraid of fetish people –Asa
- Biafra: IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu Suspends Live Broadcast
- INEC raises the alarm over PVC’s cloning in Imo
- Metele attack: Presidency, Atiku clash over Buhari’s absence at soldiers’ burial
- Anambra FRSC sector commander dies in crash
- Atiku pledges to revisit Jonathan’s confab report
- #2019Debate: Orji Kalu Reacts To Osinbajo’s Performance
- Charlyboy weds wife in church after 40 years
- Eleven die after eating ‘toxic’ rice
- REVEALED: How Buhari Got N260,000 Bank Loan To Build First House As Head Of State
- How Nigerian Doctors Almost Cut Off My Leg – Nollywood Actress, KC Ejelonu
- Full List Of House Of Reps Members Not Returning To National Assembly In 2019
- Vigilante Member, ‘Scorpion’ Who Died During IPOB Rally In Abia, Buried (Photos)
- Evil Woman Murders Neighbour’s 2-year-old Son, Dumps Corpse In Toilet To Punish Dad (Photos)
- ‘Small Waist’ Actress, Princess Shyngle Opens Up On Alleged Suicide Attempt
- How My Husband Killed Our Four Children And Himself – Grieving Woman Breaks Silence
- FACT CHECK: Verifying Osinbajo, Peter Obi’s Claims At Vice Presidential Debate
- Salah Clinches BBC African Footballer Of The Year 2018
- Fani-Kayode hails Peter Obi for knocking out Osinbajo, others
- Saraki Reacts To Peter Obi’s Performance At VP Debate. Ogundamisi Laughs
- Osinbajo, Obi, others differ over economy, subsidy regime
- CAF awards: Musa shunned, Iwobi makes final shortlist
- 2019 elections: US says violence looms in Nigeria
- Popular Nollywood actor, Ifeanyi Gbulie dead
- Paul Okoye Of Psquare Announces Change Of Name
- #2019Debate: Nigeria lost four million jobs in six months – Peter Obi
- BREAKING: Sowore’s supporters storm debate venue, protest exclusion
- #2019Debate: Osinbajo blames PDP for poor economy
- BREAKING: Military suspends UNICEF activities in North-East