The Argentina international saw red during AC Milan’s clash with former side Juventus on Sunday evening.
Gonzalo Higuain has apologised on social media for his sending off in AC Milan’s 2-0 defeat to Juventus.
The ex-Juve man was dismissed in the 83rd minute after picking up a second booking for dissent having been cautioned moments earlier for a foul on Medhi Benatia.
Team-mates, both current and former, moved to console the forward, who took a lengthy period of time to leave the field in his outrage.
The sending off compounded a miserable evening for the Argentina striker, who had previously missed the opportunity to level proceedings when his low penalty was saved by Wojciech Szczesny.
In an Instagram post shared on Monday morning Higuain said: “I want to apologise to everyone for my behaviour in yesterday’s sending off – the team, society, fans who despite yesterday showed me their love all the time.
“We are people too and we have feelings but I am responsible and I hope it does not happen again.”
He added: “Some will understand it, others will not. I also apologise to all.”
Higuain joined Milan from the Bianconeri over the summer in a loan deal that will become permanent at the end of the season. Despite two successful seasons in Turin, the forward never truly recaptured the form that saw him score 36 in 35 league matches during his 2015-16 campaign with Napoli.
Higuain’s departure facilitated Juve’s summer signing of Cristian Ronaldo from Real Madrid, with the Portuguese captain on target for the eighth time in 12 league matches in Sunday’s clash to help ensure his new side maintained their unbeaten start to the Serie A season.
By contrast, Higuain, who himself has five goals in 10 league appearances this campaign, endured a torrid evening at the San Siro. He has now missed five of the 17 penalties he has taken during his time in Italy.
The result sees AC Milan slip to fifth in the Serie A table, while visitors Juventus have opened up a six point lead over second-placed Napoli in their pursuit of an eighth consecutive Scudetto title
Latest Nigeria News
- Wizkid Cautions Bodyguard After He Hit His Fans At His Show (Video)
- Why My Marriage To Olu Jacobs Has Lasted – Joke Silva
- Georgia’s first female president sworn in
- Theresa May clashes with Blair over Brexit
- Struggling Southampton ends Arsenal’s unbeaten run
- One Killed As Container Falls On Two Cars In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos)
- IBB Salutes Buhari At 76th Birthday
- I Can Afford Whatever I Want, I Don’t Live A Fake Life – Nollywood Actress, Angela Okorie
- My Family Never Wanted Me To Marry OJB – 3rd Wife, Korede Finally Opens Up
- Drama As Robber Is Given A Bottle Of Beer To Drink After Being Caught In Bayelsa (Photos)
- APC Begs Buhari NOT To Participate In Presidential Debate
- I’m afraid of fetish people –Asa
- Biafra: IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu Suspends Live Broadcast
- INEC raises the alarm over PVC’s cloning in Imo
- Metele attack: Presidency, Atiku clash over Buhari’s absence at soldiers’ burial
- Anambra FRSC sector commander dies in crash
- Atiku pledges to revisit Jonathan’s confab report
- #2019Debate: Orji Kalu Reacts To Osinbajo’s Performance
- Charlyboy weds wife in church after 40 years
- Eleven die after eating ‘toxic’ rice
- REVEALED: How Buhari Got N260,000 Bank Loan To Build First House As Head Of State
- How Nigerian Doctors Almost Cut Off My Leg – Nollywood Actress, KC Ejelonu
- Full List Of House Of Reps Members Not Returning To National Assembly In 2019
- Vigilante Member, ‘Scorpion’ Who Died During IPOB Rally In Abia, Buried (Photos)
- Evil Woman Murders Neighbour’s 2-year-old Son, Dumps Corpse In Toilet To Punish Dad (Photos)
- ‘Small Waist’ Actress, Princess Shyngle Opens Up On Alleged Suicide Attempt
- How My Husband Killed Our Four Children And Himself – Grieving Woman Breaks Silence
- FACT CHECK: Verifying Osinbajo, Peter Obi’s Claims At Vice Presidential Debate
- Salah Clinches BBC African Footballer Of The Year 2018
- Fani-Kayode hails Peter Obi for knocking out Osinbajo, others
- Saraki Reacts To Peter Obi’s Performance At VP Debate. Ogundamisi Laughs
- Osinbajo, Obi, others differ over economy, subsidy regime
- CAF awards: Musa shunned, Iwobi makes final shortlist
- 2019 elections: US says violence looms in Nigeria
- Popular Nollywood actor, Ifeanyi Gbulie dead
- Paul Okoye Of Psquare Announces Change Of Name
- #2019Debate: Nigeria lost four million jobs in six months – Peter Obi
- BREAKING: Sowore’s supporters storm debate venue, protest exclusion
- #2019Debate: Osinbajo blames PDP for poor economy
- BREAKING: Military suspends UNICEF activities in North-East