Kaduna State Governor , Nasir el – Rufai , on Tuesday cleared the air on the emergence of Dr. Hadiza Balarabe , a fellow Muslim , as his running mate for the 2019 governorship election in the state .The governor , who received in audience the people of Sanga Local Government Area who were at the Sir Kashim Ibrahim Government House , Kaduna , on a thank -you visit for picking their daughter , said the choice of his running mate was based on competence and performance .
He explained that under his administration , there was no room for religious or sentiments in deciding who to appoint into any office in the state .
“ Muslim – Muslim ticket is not a religious ticket but a competent and performance ticket, ” the governor said .
El – Rufai had told critics of the Muslim -Muslim ticket that the Government House was not a place for worship but where people work .
The governor added that most of his Muslim -Muslim ticket critics were those who did not vote for him in the 2015 governorship election in the state .
“ The people that have criticised me most on this are people who never voted me in the first place . So, are they not supposed to be celebrating it ?
“ In their own opinion , I have made a wrong choice . Then , why are they mourning ?” he asked .
Earlier , the paramount ruler of Numana in Sanga LG where Dr . Hadiza Balarabe hails from , Brigadier -General Aliyu Yamma ( Rtd) , said the choice of their daughter had given them the hope of being in government.
He sad successive administrations had forgotten the people of the area as far as participation in government was concerned.
“ The governor couldn ’ t have made a better choice than the selection of Hadiza.
“ We now feel a sense of belonging in Kaduna government. We are just like Black Americans in Kaduna State, ” he said .
Latest Nigeria News
- Wizkid Cautions Bodyguard After He Hit His Fans At His Show (Video)
- Why My Marriage To Olu Jacobs Has Lasted – Joke Silva
- Georgia’s first female president sworn in
- Theresa May clashes with Blair over Brexit
- Struggling Southampton ends Arsenal’s unbeaten run
- One Killed As Container Falls On Two Cars In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos)
- IBB Salutes Buhari At 76th Birthday
- I Can Afford Whatever I Want, I Don’t Live A Fake Life – Nollywood Actress, Angela Okorie
- My Family Never Wanted Me To Marry OJB – 3rd Wife, Korede Finally Opens Up
- Drama As Robber Is Given A Bottle Of Beer To Drink After Being Caught In Bayelsa (Photos)
- APC Begs Buhari NOT To Participate In Presidential Debate
- I’m afraid of fetish people –Asa
- Biafra: IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu Suspends Live Broadcast
- INEC raises the alarm over PVC’s cloning in Imo
- Metele attack: Presidency, Atiku clash over Buhari’s absence at soldiers’ burial
- Anambra FRSC sector commander dies in crash
- Atiku pledges to revisit Jonathan’s confab report
- #2019Debate: Orji Kalu Reacts To Osinbajo’s Performance
- Charlyboy weds wife in church after 40 years
- Eleven die after eating ‘toxic’ rice
- REVEALED: How Buhari Got N260,000 Bank Loan To Build First House As Head Of State
- How Nigerian Doctors Almost Cut Off My Leg – Nollywood Actress, KC Ejelonu
- Full List Of House Of Reps Members Not Returning To National Assembly In 2019
- Vigilante Member, ‘Scorpion’ Who Died During IPOB Rally In Abia, Buried (Photos)
- Evil Woman Murders Neighbour’s 2-year-old Son, Dumps Corpse In Toilet To Punish Dad (Photos)
- ‘Small Waist’ Actress, Princess Shyngle Opens Up On Alleged Suicide Attempt
- How My Husband Killed Our Four Children And Himself – Grieving Woman Breaks Silence
- FACT CHECK: Verifying Osinbajo, Peter Obi’s Claims At Vice Presidential Debate
- Salah Clinches BBC African Footballer Of The Year 2018
- Fani-Kayode hails Peter Obi for knocking out Osinbajo, others
- Saraki Reacts To Peter Obi’s Performance At VP Debate. Ogundamisi Laughs
- Osinbajo, Obi, others differ over economy, subsidy regime
- CAF awards: Musa shunned, Iwobi makes final shortlist
- 2019 elections: US says violence looms in Nigeria
- Popular Nollywood actor, Ifeanyi Gbulie dead
- Paul Okoye Of Psquare Announces Change Of Name
- #2019Debate: Nigeria lost four million jobs in six months – Peter Obi
- BREAKING: Sowore’s supporters storm debate venue, protest exclusion
- #2019Debate: Osinbajo blames PDP for poor economy
- BREAKING: Military suspends UNICEF activities in North-East