The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other -Related Offences Commission on Wednesday said it would probe the allegation of corruption leveled against the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress , Adams Oshiomhole , during the recently concluded party primaries .
The ICPC ’ s decision to investigate Oshiomhole came barely one week after he was quizzed by the Department of State Services over alleged anomalies in the APC primaries .
The spokesperson of the ICPC , Rasheedat Okoduwa , said this during a protest by some members of the APC under the aegis of Coalition 4 New Nigeria .
The anti – Oshiomhole protesters , led by a legal practitioner and civil rights activist, Stanley Onukwufor , carried placards with various inscriptions such as ‘ With Oshiomhole APC is nowhere ;’ ‘ ICPC , probe Oshiomhole now ;’ ‘ Buhari , remove Oshiomhole ;’ ‘ Oshiomhole is corrupt ;’ and ‘ Oshiomhole must go . ”
Okoduwa said , “ First of all , we will verify whether , indeed , he has a petition against him , and from there , we will look at what they are complaining about .
“ Then , the next step is to investigate the petition and see whether there is anything worthy of investigating in the matter.
“ It goes through our normal processes . But let me just sound a note of caution . We receive petitions virtually every hour . So , the petitions is like queuing up and had to be addressed in the sequences they come.
“ So , if a petition comes right now , you don’ t expect it to be investigated before all others before it .
“ We thank you for bringing us the petition and you have done the right thing by going through the process of submitting your petition . I think you have already done what you needed to do . ”
Onukwufor alleged that the APC has failed with Oshiomhole as chairman , adding , “ We don’ t want him there again. ”
Latest Nigeria News
- Wizkid Cautions Bodyguard After He Hit His Fans At His Show (Video)
- Why My Marriage To Olu Jacobs Has Lasted – Joke Silva
- Georgia’s first female president sworn in
- Theresa May clashes with Blair over Brexit
- Struggling Southampton ends Arsenal’s unbeaten run
- One Killed As Container Falls On Two Cars In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos)
- IBB Salutes Buhari At 76th Birthday
- I Can Afford Whatever I Want, I Don’t Live A Fake Life – Nollywood Actress, Angela Okorie
- My Family Never Wanted Me To Marry OJB – 3rd Wife, Korede Finally Opens Up
- Drama As Robber Is Given A Bottle Of Beer To Drink After Being Caught In Bayelsa (Photos)
- APC Begs Buhari NOT To Participate In Presidential Debate
- I’m afraid of fetish people –Asa
- Biafra: IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu Suspends Live Broadcast
- INEC raises the alarm over PVC’s cloning in Imo
- Metele attack: Presidency, Atiku clash over Buhari’s absence at soldiers’ burial
- Anambra FRSC sector commander dies in crash
- Atiku pledges to revisit Jonathan’s confab report
- #2019Debate: Orji Kalu Reacts To Osinbajo’s Performance
- Charlyboy weds wife in church after 40 years
- Eleven die after eating ‘toxic’ rice
- REVEALED: How Buhari Got N260,000 Bank Loan To Build First House As Head Of State
- How Nigerian Doctors Almost Cut Off My Leg – Nollywood Actress, KC Ejelonu
- Full List Of House Of Reps Members Not Returning To National Assembly In 2019
- Vigilante Member, ‘Scorpion’ Who Died During IPOB Rally In Abia, Buried (Photos)
- Evil Woman Murders Neighbour’s 2-year-old Son, Dumps Corpse In Toilet To Punish Dad (Photos)
- ‘Small Waist’ Actress, Princess Shyngle Opens Up On Alleged Suicide Attempt
- How My Husband Killed Our Four Children And Himself – Grieving Woman Breaks Silence
- FACT CHECK: Verifying Osinbajo, Peter Obi’s Claims At Vice Presidential Debate
- Salah Clinches BBC African Footballer Of The Year 2018
- Fani-Kayode hails Peter Obi for knocking out Osinbajo, others
- Saraki Reacts To Peter Obi’s Performance At VP Debate. Ogundamisi Laughs
- Osinbajo, Obi, others differ over economy, subsidy regime
- CAF awards: Musa shunned, Iwobi makes final shortlist
- 2019 elections: US says violence looms in Nigeria
- Popular Nollywood actor, Ifeanyi Gbulie dead
- Paul Okoye Of Psquare Announces Change Of Name
- #2019Debate: Nigeria lost four million jobs in six months – Peter Obi
- BREAKING: Sowore’s supporters storm debate venue, protest exclusion
- #2019Debate: Osinbajo blames PDP for poor economy
- BREAKING: Military suspends UNICEF activities in North-East