Sokoto State House of Assembly has accepted the resignation of the Deputy Governor , Ahmad Aliyu .Aliyu resigned as deputy governor on Wednesday morning.
Both Aliyu and Governor Aminu Tambuwal were elected on the platform of the ruling All Progressives Congress , but Tambuwal defected to the opposition Peoples Democratic Party in August .
Aliyu refused to leave the APC for the PDP , however , and he later got the ticket as the APC governorship flag bearer for Sokoto State in the 2019 general elections.
Aliyu ’ s notification of resignation was contained in a letter to the state House of Assembly dated November 13 , 2018 , and presented by the Deputy Speaker , Abubakar Magaji , who presided over the Wednesday plenary .
The former deputy governor in his letter said , “ With gratitude to Allah who granted me the opportunity to serve my state , I wish to humbly inform the Assembly of my resignation as deputy governor with effect from November 13 , 2018 .
“ I , therefore , wish to extend my sincere appreciation to Governor Aminu Tambuwal , Assembly members and the entire people of Sokoto State for the support accorded me during my service . ”
Meanwhile , less than 24 hours after Ahmed ’ s resignation , the race to succeed him has begun .
Top on the list among the nominees for the replacement , according to a PDP insider , are Honourable Umaru Nature , the state commissioner for water resources ; Honourable Sagir Attahiru Bafarawa and Honourable Aliyu Mohammed .
Latest Nigeria News
- Wizkid Cautions Bodyguard After He Hit His Fans At His Show (Video)
- Why My Marriage To Olu Jacobs Has Lasted – Joke Silva
- Georgia’s first female president sworn in
- Theresa May clashes with Blair over Brexit
- Struggling Southampton ends Arsenal’s unbeaten run
- One Killed As Container Falls On Two Cars In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos)
- IBB Salutes Buhari At 76th Birthday
- I Can Afford Whatever I Want, I Don’t Live A Fake Life – Nollywood Actress, Angela Okorie
- My Family Never Wanted Me To Marry OJB – 3rd Wife, Korede Finally Opens Up
- Drama As Robber Is Given A Bottle Of Beer To Drink After Being Caught In Bayelsa (Photos)
- APC Begs Buhari NOT To Participate In Presidential Debate
- I’m afraid of fetish people –Asa
- Biafra: IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu Suspends Live Broadcast
- INEC raises the alarm over PVC’s cloning in Imo
- Metele attack: Presidency, Atiku clash over Buhari’s absence at soldiers’ burial
- Anambra FRSC sector commander dies in crash
- Atiku pledges to revisit Jonathan’s confab report
- #2019Debate: Orji Kalu Reacts To Osinbajo’s Performance
- Charlyboy weds wife in church after 40 years
- Eleven die after eating ‘toxic’ rice
- REVEALED: How Buhari Got N260,000 Bank Loan To Build First House As Head Of State
- How Nigerian Doctors Almost Cut Off My Leg – Nollywood Actress, KC Ejelonu
- Full List Of House Of Reps Members Not Returning To National Assembly In 2019
- Vigilante Member, ‘Scorpion’ Who Died During IPOB Rally In Abia, Buried (Photos)
- Evil Woman Murders Neighbour’s 2-year-old Son, Dumps Corpse In Toilet To Punish Dad (Photos)
- ‘Small Waist’ Actress, Princess Shyngle Opens Up On Alleged Suicide Attempt
- How My Husband Killed Our Four Children And Himself – Grieving Woman Breaks Silence
- FACT CHECK: Verifying Osinbajo, Peter Obi’s Claims At Vice Presidential Debate
- Salah Clinches BBC African Footballer Of The Year 2018
- Fani-Kayode hails Peter Obi for knocking out Osinbajo, others
- Saraki Reacts To Peter Obi’s Performance At VP Debate. Ogundamisi Laughs
- Osinbajo, Obi, others differ over economy, subsidy regime
- CAF awards: Musa shunned, Iwobi makes final shortlist
- 2019 elections: US says violence looms in Nigeria
- Popular Nollywood actor, Ifeanyi Gbulie dead
- Paul Okoye Of Psquare Announces Change Of Name
- #2019Debate: Nigeria lost four million jobs in six months – Peter Obi
- BREAKING: Sowore’s supporters storm debate venue, protest exclusion
- #2019Debate: Osinbajo blames PDP for poor economy
- BREAKING: Military suspends UNICEF activities in North-East