A Rivers state NYSC member, Ugwoke Peace Udoka has helped a little boy she saw hawking vegetables on the streets of Port Harcourt secure a scholarship.
According to her, she saw him hawking, took a picture with him and someone who saw the photo on social media reached out to help him. She wrote;
“You never know how far one thing could lead to another.
Few weeks ago, I saw him hawking vegetables on the streets of Port Harcourt, apparently, he does that to assist his single mother.
He ran to me immediately and thanked me for visiting his school the previous week to speak with them and for giving them free writing materials, including mathematical sets.
We took a picture which caught social media attention and today, he’s got a scholarship support from someone who has never met him but only seen his hawking pictures.
This boy has given me the vibe to keep going. He inspires me everyday. God bless my service year.
#Kittheekids # Scholarshipfund”
Latest Nigeria News
- President Buhari approves payment of Pension to Biafran Police
- President Muhammadu Buhari approves Boards for Education Agencies
- Allocation Breakdown of Sukuk Bound Proceeds for Road Projects in Six Geopolitical Zones
- Peter Okoye “Mr P” Does Not Have The ‘Psquare’ Voice That Recognise And Love
- Woman slams lady who claimed her baby picture and put it up on Instagram (LOL)
- Shocking! Grieving Husband catches male Nurse knacking his dead wife (See Photos)
- Nigerian Police Woman calls out the general public to stop criticising Policemen
- Tonto apologies to her friend for betraying her because of her ex-husband
- Funny Story of the Day: A Doctor and his confused Patient
- Guys, would you allow your sister or anyone you know attend this college?
- Question of the Day: Can you cash a cheque of One Million Naira in this Bank? (See photos)
- Letters From Young Obama Shows A Man Trying To Find His Way
- Trumps Health Subsidy Shutdown Could Lead To Free Insurance
- Donald Trump Pushes for Republican Senators to Pass $4.1 Trillion Budget Plan
- ‘Erecting a statue for Jacob Zuma shows how little President Buhari means to Okorocha” – Daniel Wilson, says
- This couple has been married for 10 years but have never had s€x
- Amazing transformation! Kenyan woman rescues her childhood friend who almost ran mad due to drug addiction (photos)
- +18…Ewww…Please Who’s Aunt Is This?
- Between Jude Okoye’s sister-in-law and Paul Okoye’s wife, Anita on Instagram
- Buhari approves payment of pension to Biafra war veterans
- Buhari Pictured With His Wife, Son And Daughter Aboard The Presidential Jet Enroute Turkey (Photo)
- ‘I Can Boast of N40million In Two of My Active Banks’ – Bobrisky Reminds Haters Of His Struggle
- Frank Ocean Wins $14.5 Million Libel Suit Against Him By His Estranged Father
- Couple Jailed For Kissing in Tunisia
- Multi Millionaire, Suji looks for a wife on Instagram before Christmas
- Fiction Lesson: The Erotic Dream Experience of Amaka with Jide
- 2Kay finds love again after his heart was broken by Gifty, EX-BBN naija Housemate
- Photos: Face of Nigeria Beauty Queen gets Engaged by General Overseer friend
- Two Brothers Strangle Father
- Wizkid Announced As Nominee For MOBO Awards
- Police has declared Davido free —Lawyer
- Ashley Young’s Incredible Man Utd Revival
- “I appreciate the love but I never said that” – Nicki Minaj clarifies her Statement from XXL Interview
- Adesuwa Etomi throws some advice about saving
- ‘Church Elder’ slaughter wife in Children’s presence and disposed her remains in the Bin
- Be careful of the Church you attend as an acclaimed Bishop is Jailed for Fraud
- Corp member allegedly shot dead by unknown Gunmen because of Phone
- 89 years old Lawyer defends His Marriage to a much Younger Lady
- Read the full biography of an enslaved great Biafran, Olaudah Equiano