A gardener who got fed-up with his wife left and spent five years living rough in woods.
Malcolm Applegate claims he could no longer get on with her after she became unhappy that his hours at work had increased.
So the 62-year-old secretly fled and camped out near the community centre where he tended gardens for the elderly.
“The more work I took on, the angrier my wife got. She didn’t like me being out of the house for long periods of time. I was married for three years, but unfortunately it got too much.
“I decided to leave for good. Without a word to anyone, not even family, I left.”
Malcolm camped in woods at Kingston, South West London. But he now lives at Emmaus, a shelter for homeless in Greenwich where he does odd jobs.
Malcolm did not name his wife.
Malcolm now works at Emmaus doing a range of odd jobs and uses his spare time to raise cash for homeless charities in the area.
“My day-to-day involves working in the shop or driving the vans, I’m not fussy what jobs are given to me as long as I’m working.
“In my spare time, I enjoy doing sponsored walks for other homeless charities.
“My recent walk through London raised almost £300 for Street Souls, not bad for a man in his sixties.
“I’d like the people who donate to Emmaus to know that I am grateful for being given a second chance at life.
“I have a lovely room, I am able to work and I can still lead an active social life – I love it here – my life is officially back on track.”
Latest Nigeria News
- This Adorable Photos Of Handsome Triplets Who Posed With Beautiful Twins Has Gone Viral
- Chairmanship: If We Make Mistake, We Are Finished, Goodluck Jonathan Warns PDP
- Produce Nnamdi Kanu or “there will be inevitable confrontation… the human mind cannot imagine” – IPOB to FG
- Video: Watch What Davido Did After He Was Released From Police Custody
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Nicki Minaj featured on The New York Times Style Magazine’s “The Greats” Issue 2017
- 2 Kidnappers Who Lure Kids With N50 Then Sell Them For N10k Arrested In Lagos
- Viral video of a fearless 6-year-old boy playing with 20-foot-long python in floodwaters in Vietnam
- Leicester City Sack Manager Craig Shakespeare After Poor Run Of Form
- Liverpool And Arsenal Among Several Premier League Clubs Interested In Signing Sheffield United Midfielder David Brooks
- I Have No Interest In Becoming Next Osun Governor – Davido’s Father
- Bobrisky mocks Linda Ikeji’s younger brother for ‘begging for followers’ in return for iPhones
- UNILORIN best graduating student dies 5 days to her convocation
- 17 year-old girl auctions her virginity for iPhone 8; See what happened (photos)
- Arsenal Manager, Arsene Wenger escapes FA charge for confronting Referee
- Tom Cleverley brags, ‘We can beat Chelsea’, just after beating Arsenal
- Ebonyi Catholic priest escapes after kidnappers drank his holy wine & slept off
- Heartbroken man shares photo kissing his dead girlfriend
- Kenyan socialite, Vera Sidika and Diamond Platunmz’s babymama Hamisa Mobetto gets into a dirty fight, expose each other secrets and sponsor
- OMG! 17 Year Old Girl Stabs Her Boyfriend To Death In Lagos Just 2 Days After Her Birthday
- Naira Down To 360.75/$ At NAFEX
- Labour Rejects Zuma’s Statue In Owerri, Demands Its Pull Down
- I Want To Face Super Eagles At World Cup – Messi
- Nigerian Man Visits School To Give Free Food To All The Kids To Celebrate World Food Day (Photos)
- “I Won’t Be Kissing in Movies Again” – Born Again Majid Michel
- Boko Haram Raids Military Base In Nigeria’s Northeast, Seizes Weapons, Ammunition
- Newcastle Owner, Mike Ashley Puts Club Up For Sale
- BREAKING NEWS: PDP Splits In Anambra, Faction Rejects Obaze, Threatens To Join Another Party
- Kanu Nwankwo Launches N1b Lotto
- Dreams Come True: President Buhari Meets His Die-hard Young Supporters In Aso Rock (Pics/Video)
- Banky W says ‘Kiss Daniel is one of his Favorite Artists of all time’
- Scandalous rumours are trailing popular video vixen Bernice Burgos as she spends time in Nigeria
- ‘What is the idea of giving children difficult assignments that require the help of parents?’ – Frank Edoho’s wife writes a letter to her son’s school
- Shocking video of black students at a wealthy children boarding school in Zambia brutally assaulting a hostel mate over girl
- Kiss Daniel Needs To Leave His Record Label, They Are Dulling Him Says Fans
- Charly boy’s daughter Dewy Oputa comes out as lesbian? (Photos/Video)
- Shakhtar Donestk Manager Paulo Fonseca Wants To Manage In The Premier League
- Barcelona Scouting Three Bayer Leverkusen Players