A gardener who got fed-up with his wife left and spent five years living rough in woods.
Malcolm Applegate claims he could no longer get on with her after she became unhappy that his hours at work had increased.
So the 62-year-old secretly fled and camped out near the community centre where he tended gardens for the elderly.
“The more work I took on, the angrier my wife got. She didn’t like me being out of the house for long periods of time. I was married for three years, but unfortunately it got too much.
“I decided to leave for good. Without a word to anyone, not even family, I left.”
Malcolm camped in woods at Kingston, South West London. But he now lives at Emmaus, a shelter for homeless in Greenwich where he does odd jobs.
Malcolm did not name his wife.
Malcolm now works at Emmaus doing a range of odd jobs and uses his spare time to raise cash for homeless charities in the area.
“My day-to-day involves working in the shop or driving the vans, I’m not fussy what jobs are given to me as long as I’m working.
“In my spare time, I enjoy doing sponsored walks for other homeless charities.
“My recent walk through London raised almost £300 for Street Souls, not bad for a man in his sixties.
“I’d like the people who donate to Emmaus to know that I am grateful for being given a second chance at life.
“I have a lovely room, I am able to work and I can still lead an active social life – I love it here – my life is officially back on track.”
Latest Nigeria News
- Ban on smartphones unconstitutional, Ekweremadu tells INEC
- UCL: Juventus victorious despite Ronaldo red card
- UCL: Cornet stars as less-fancied Lyon stun Manchester City
- UCL: Real Madrid run riot against Roma
- The moment that saw Cristiano Ronaldo see red (Video)
- 2019: Chris Giwa declares senatorial bid
- FG suspends Nigeria Air indefinitely
- Osun election: Saraki, Atiku, Secondus rally support for Adeleke
- 3 officials given life bans by FIFA for corruption
- Father threatens to throw child from window
- Drama As Fight Breaks Out In Church When Pastor Tells Woman Her Best Friend Is Behind Her Problems (Video)
- BREAKING: Police Invite Davido’s Uncle, Sen. Adeleke For Allegedly Engaging In Exam Malpractice
- Gov. Ambode Reacts To Rumours Of Stepping Down From Guber Race
- Story Of Identical Twin Sisters Who Gave Birth To Sons On The Same Day At The Same Hospital (Photos)
- US-based Nigerian Group Offers To Pay Leah Sharibu’s Ransom
- Lovely Photos Of Basketmouth And His Beautiful Wife
- Adorable Photo Of Actress Yvonne Nelson And Her Daughter
- Comedian Bovi And Wife Celebrate Their 9th Wedding Anniversary, Release Adorable Photos
- BREAKING: I Will Contest Lagos Gov Election – Jimi Agbaje Finally Confirms
- Police Speak On AAU Graduation Cult Clash That Left Many Dead
- Juventus Forward, Costa Bags Four-Match Ban After Spitting Incident
- Racism: Mesut Ozil’s agent blasts Kroos, Neuer, Muller
- Buhari does not understand governance – Saraki insists
- 2019: INEC clarifies statement on ban of smart phones around polling units
- UCL: Jurgen Klopp singles out one player that helped Liverpool beat PSG
- UCL: Griezmann, Costa combine as Atletico undo Monaco
- Oyo govt shuts Obasanjo Farms in Ibadan
- Champions League: Lionel Messi hits hat-trick as Barcelona thrash PSV 4-0
- Champions League: Firmino hands Liverpool flying Champions League start over PSG
- UCL: Sergio Ramos attacks Griezmann over Messi, Ronaldo
- How Buhari committed abomination by replacing Kemi Adesoun with El-Rufai’s stepsister – HURIWA
- President Buhari Storms Osogbo For APC Mega Rally (Photo)
- Tension As Italian Catholic Priest Is Kidnapped In Niger
- Boko Haram And The Concept Of ‘Technical Defeat’
- 2Baba’s First Son, Nino’s Lovely Birthday Message To His Dad Will Warm Your Heart
- REVEALED: Cristiano Ronaldo’s Last Speech For Real Madrid In The Champions League Final
- ‘Tomorrow Is Pregnant’ – Man Shares Throwback Photo With Ex Classmate Who Is Now A Governor
- 2019: APC Chieftain, Dahiru Yusuf Yabo Dumps Party, Defects To PDP
- I’ll Teach You How To Defeat Tinubu In Lagos, Saraki Tells Lagosians
- Emmy Awards 2018: ‘Game of Thrones’ wins best drama series